• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Roberto Who?

How about this?

Rate this topic

How does that sound to everyone on here? You guys cant bring yourselves to give the opposing goalie credit? you have to blame the refs huh, or blame it on gigueres oversized illegal pads...get over the refing honestly...calls have been going both ways in this series...we just took advantage of it wings didnt...

How does that sound to everyone on here? You guys cant bring yourselves to give the opposing goalie credit? you have to blame the refs huh, or blame it on gigueres oversized illegal pads...get over the refing honestly...calls have been going both ways in this series...we just took advantage of it wings didnt...

Good god just let it go.

Guest Agalloch

Here's an idea: Go to your own board and post, unless you want to say something on this board that isn't going to ignite a flamewar.

I tend to agree. The bitchfest of the reffing is unwarranted. It's piss poor both ways...even to the point of giving the Wings a 5 on 3 on a terribly bad "tripping" call. The Wings simply didn't capitalize on their opportunities to seal the game. Credit to Giguere for keeping the Ducks in striking distance. The Wings didn't take advantage of simple plays they should have and could have made that would have put them in a better position today.

how does it sound: a fan of the other team comes to LGW board and either bashes Wings players or fans. not that he/she was able to discuss hockey, but stirring the pot and talking smack seems pretty fine with him/her.

are you sure you're the one to be teaching others what to say and what to not say?

why not going to allducks.com? I'm sure you'll find plenty of ppl who bash Wings and sing praises about Giguere. isn't it simplier this way, than to come here and tell Wings fans what to think etc. ?

Honestly, I don't blame the refereeing much at all. If we would've capitalized on that early 3rd period 5 on 3 in game 4, I think this series would've been over yesterday ;)

Edited by Vilmer

Guest Agalloch

Luongo. Luongo is his name.

Not that a fan of the Sucks would know that.

Dude, disney.com.com is a s***hole compared to this place. I mean, every thread is a bashing one or is basically jinxing the Ducks.

this doesn't justify coming to LGW and trying to spread that s*** here.

except for rare incidents this board used to be pretty clear from flamewars

and fans exchanging smack. sure, it's biased and I'm sure at times it gets

tough for fans of other teams, but most posters here respect other point

of view and don't just trash and ignite flame wars against ppl who tend

to root for different team. on the contrary - I've seen many reasonable

discussions with Flames, Oilers, Nashville and Sharks fans. it's just: you

come here willing and being able to discuss hockey - you're accepted.

many may disagree with your opinions, but very few will goon it up, and

even then, there are Wings fans who discourage from stupid lashing

at the fans of other teams.

I wish it stayed like this. and don't want to use Ignore feature often :)

Here's an idea: Go to your own board and post, unless you want to say something on this board that isn't going to ignite a flamewar.

i wasnt trying to piss people off with this....i just simple stated what was bothering me...when i first registered here people were saying oh these are the best boards in the NHL and this and that but it looks awfuly familiar to me..cough canucks board cough cough...there almost identical...from the refs to gigueres pads..exact...

i wasnt trying to piss people off with this....i just simple stated what was bothering me...when i first registered here people were saying oh these are the best boards in the NHL and this and that but it looks awfuly familiar to me..cough canucks board cough cough...there almost identical...from the refs to gigueres pads..exact...

I honestly believe this and my mate who is a Duck fan couldn't argue - the Ducks have not deserved to win any one of the three games they did win. His only argument was "You were lucky to win game 1".

The Ducks have beaten Vancouver and Minnesota. So I'm just trying to work out why you think Anaheim is so worthy of all this credit? They have achieved nothing!!

i believe that if you look at a few game day threads, you will see a good number of people giving giguere props for stealing a couple of games in the series. not everyone is using the good 'ol bad officiating and illegal pad size excuses.

There are plenty of Winged Folk giving Jiggy credit, and even those who aren't 100% sold on him know that his pads are legal.

Please don't tell people to "get over the reffing," because it is a legitimate cause for concern, and not just in this series. It was equally inconsistent (to put it politely) in the Sens-Sabs series. The credibility of the game is at stake.

Ehh, on second thought, you're right-- get over the reffing, because discussing its sad state won't change a damn thing. Bettman seems to be determined to eliminate hockey from the pantheon of professional sports and he's really good at it thus far. :angry:

I honestly believe this and my mate who is a Duck fan couldn't argue - the Ducks have not deserved to win any one of the three games they did win. His only argument was "You were lucky to win game 1".

The Ducks have beaten Vancouver and Minnesota. So I'm just trying to work out why you think Anaheim is so worthy of all this credit? They have achieved nothing!!

they have achieved nothing? they have gone up against 3 great goalies...quite possible the best goalie in the world with Loungo...were up 3-2 in the series...we must be doing something right....

people like to troll so let them i went on nucks board alot to discuss the series and laugh at the people who talked about giggy's so called "illleagal pads" no problem with that.... and i cant wait to go to the ottawa board to see them complain about the refs and about giggys pads .... That is if the ducks win this series... of course i hope they do .... ^^ :blush:

we have had some s***ty calls on us to so dont cry dry your eye

and you say no one complains about his pads ... there is a whole topic that i believe got 5 pages devoted to it on this board and canucks boards

Edited by lou

i'm not blaming the ref...i've said it was a penalty, but wheres the consistency on that call? there is none! and then u have the balls to call it with 1:30 left...thats whut makes it a horse s*** call.

and yes u can voice ur opinion, but if u dont like how we are, then leave...simple.

i didnt say i dont like anyone on here...ive come across some good people...plus i like talking to the opposing fans of the ducks, it makes things more exciting from a fans view...ive done it for all 3 series...but i did get banned on the canucks board till 2015...

I have mixed emotions on the refs. Some of the calls they have made have been absolutly horrible, however they have gone both ways. The call against Dats was rediculous, but the Wings should have been able to clear the puck and/or put one or two more in earlier in the game.

As for J.S.'s pads. I have played goalie for a travel team for ten years so I have some knowledge on the issue. I will agree with the point that they look huge and may be somewhat oversized. But having oversized pads or not he still is an amazing goalie. He is always in perfect position, limits rebounds, and almost never scrambles. Having oversized pads makes all that extreamly difficult. I just experienced this first hand. I recently bought a new glove and was really worried about following the new size requirements, I thought that having the smaller glove would make it harder, however I am actually better with the smaller glove than the larger glove, its easier to move and control.

Sorry if I rambled a bit but I guess my point is that oversized pads or not, Giggy is still an amazing goalie.

GO WIngs!

-Troy

You know what? This is just going to be a thread where there is just a mud slinging fest. I just suggest to all Wing fans who see this too, just ignore this s***.

I think you nailed it.

well... i did not see the call so i cant say that it was BS or not... and i think it was game 3 or 4 when the ducks where VS. the nucks at vancouver the ref called two BS calls against Scott Niddy and Pronger so there was a 5 on 3 with our top D men in box we came out of it fine it is just about who can kill penalties that was a unfourtunate goal for red wing fans but it is just like in Game 1 where Francie Bushciman (weird name to spell for me) took part in hitting in the 2 goals.. GET OVER IT

Edited by lou

Guest bullocks

well... i did not see the call so i cant say that it was BS or not... and i think it was game 3 or 4 when the ducks where VS. the nucks at vancouver the ref called two BS calls against Scott Niddy and Pronger so there was a 5 on 3 with our top D men in box we came out of it fine it is just about who can kill penalties that was a unfourtunate goal for red wing fans but it is just like in Game 1 where Francie Bushciman (weird name to spell for me) took part in hitting in the 2 goals.. GET OVER IT

i can't speak for all fans but, if we played like s*** and lost liek that. no one would have a problem, fact if we dominated and we lost like that. so it hurts.

I'm sorry, was someone twisting your arm?

IPB Image

Giggy played good but didn't keep them in the game Wings just missed the oppurtunities what 2 pucks of the post holmer misses an open next twice come on now. Ducks get a crap call at the end that had nothing to do with the play and he didn't halt the progress of the player so its NOT a penalty and then u got 2 lucky breaks and shoot it off our defensemans stick and then our defensman wiffs on it. I'm not sayin we lost bc of the refs I'm just sayin the refs SUCK