• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

Tomorrow Night

Rate this topic

And I am in no way ripping on you, but I completely disagree.

I am sorry but Giggy has in now way stolen the series. Not at all. He hasn't even been great. He's been solid. The Ducks have been outplayed for the majority of the series and in no way should they win due to 40 or so seconds of complete luck and flukey goals.

The Wings are out there playing dominant hockey, and taking it to Anaheim in every aspect of the game, yet somehow the Ducks come out with the W. Their luck has gotta end sometime, and I think it'll be tonight.

Another thing I don't agree with is the Wings supposedly being in the midst of becoming a good playoff team again. This team isn't good enough? I've honestly haven't been this impressed with a Wings team in the last 5-6 years. *Even when we won in 2002* that was by default on a completely stacked line up. This 2007 team has got it all. Young, skilled players mixed with future hall of famers, speed, toughness, grit, great goaltending, heart, will, and determination. In all honesty? This has been by far my favorite Wings team. Even from the years we won the Cup, and believe me that is saying A LOT. This team has got all the right tools to go even further. They know they are two wins away from going to the finals. Do you think they are just going to sit back and let the lucky Anaheim Ducks just steal another win from them? I think not. As far as im concerned the Wings are going to be completely determined to go into the game tonight, put forth their best effort, come out on top, and bring it back home. They've shown time and time again this season

that they are more than capable of handling adversity, and I 100% believe they'll do just that in Game 6.

GO WINGS!!!!

Hear hear,I second that.I too am 100% sure the Wings will win tonight.

They have been the better team all through this series it's just luck didn't go their way it went with the Ducks.But not tonight it's gonna be the Wings getting the bounces.And believe me their gonna work hard and show everybody that they mean business.

After reading through some of the threads here, it seems I am in the minority, but honestly I don't think the Wings dominated the last game.

For the first time this playoffs, they looked more like the Wings of 2003-2006. They were a half a step slow getting to the puck in the corners and were losing battles, and more importanly almost no one was crashing the net.

Yes they controlled the puck most of the game and had a lot of shots, but only a handful were quality scoring chances. They weren't going hard to the net like they had been. Giguere is a great positional goaltender and made easy saves on shots from poor angles. They were hitting a lot, but not paying the price. There were a few too many cute passes when they should've taken the higher percentage shot.

If the Red Wings team that I've been watching most of this playoffs shows up tonight, then I feel good about their chances of winning. Because even looking a step slow, Anaheim still almost lost if not for a couple lucky bounces.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

For some reason, I have a better feeling about Game 6 tonight. I think Babs will keep with the game plan from Game 5. The Wings really need to improve their power play execution; other than that, keep doing what got you this far into the playoffs.

I think the game will be close with a 2-1 or 3-2 final score. Anaheim will make a bone-headed mistake late in the game (a la Patrick Roy dropping the puck in front of Brendan Shanahan) and that will be the difference maker. Maybe Pronger makes a lazy pass or a defenseman misses an assignment and allows a Wing forward to "slam dunk" the puck into the net. I expect a HUGE Ducks mistake that will change everything.

The pressure is definitely more on the Ducks to close this series out. A Game 7 return to Detroit would be a disaster for them. It's all about closing, closing, closing and closing. Does Anaheim have the will to seal this series well before the final horn sounds tonight?

I have to work today but I got scheduled for an earlier shift than usual, so I get out at 9. I also have Thursday off....so it seems that someone obviously wants me to see these games. By me having Thurs off, it feels like a game 7 guarantee to me. Dunno why. Here's hoping!!

Go Wings!

Edited by brit_1102

What are you guys thinking about tomorrow? Has any of your anguish turned to the motivation side yet?

I am extremely anxious for the game to start. Still got several hours of work left but all I can think of is that dang game tonight. I hope they come out hitting and playing well in the first few minutes. It'll set the tone for the entire game and quieting the crowd with an early goal, or some good hits, or both will make a huge difference. There is no room for error tonight. :)