• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

Tomorrow Night

Rate this topic

One of two scenarios are going to play out- either the Wings come out flat and get their collective arse and golf equipment handed to them, or they blow Anaheim out and go back to Detroit to end the series.

I think it will be tight and close....neither team wanting to give an inch or make a big mistake. Hope the Wings score first; it will take a lot of pressure off of them. Dom has to play great. No fluke goals in this game.

By no means I'm knocking anyone here, but I like to consider myself a realist. If I think the opposition is going to win I'll say so.

This is Anaheim's 3rd trip in 4 years to the WCF. I think they are poised and ready to win tomorrow and return to the Finals. Giggy has been playing awesome and has stolen the series. Plus they are lead by Scott Neidermayer.

We are in the beginning of becoming a good playoff team again. Guys like Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Quincy, etc., just like everyone else who's won a championship, will have to be close a few times and feel the pain of losing before they finally finish the job. There has been many positives in this year's playoffs that we can build on for the next few years.

With that said, I think Anaheim is going to win tomorrow, and going to go on and win the Stanley Cup, just like I predicted when the playoffs started. We're going to be close a couple times before we win again, but I hope I'm wrong though.

By no means I'm knocking anyone here, but I like to consider myself a realist. If I think the opposition is going to win I'll say so.

This is Anaheim's 3rd trip in 4 years to the WCF. I think they are poised and ready to win tomorrow and return to the Finals. Giggy has been playing awesome and has stolen the series. Plus they are lead by Scott Neidermayer.

We are in the beginning of becoming a good playoff team again. Guys like Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Quincy, etc., just like everyone else who's won a championship, will have to be close a few times and feel the pain of losing before they finally finish the job. There has been many positives in this year's playoffs that we can build on for the next few years.

With that said, I think Anaheim is going to win tomorrow, and going to go on and win the Stanley Cup, just like I predicted when the playoffs started. We're going to be close a couple times before we win again, but I hope I'm wrong though.

Ducks win the cup?...f*** no, i hope that ottowa will unleash holy hell on those expension quacks.....if by some chance in hell the ducks win this series, i'll cheer for ottowa as if it were the wings......peaze out...

I agree with Barrie's statement that the Wings are on the right road to becoming a "playoff team" again. They haven't been for a number of years now, but they're sporting a good mix of experience, youth, toughness and skill, and they're more able to change their style of play and find ways to win.

And I am in no way ripping on you, but I completely disagree.

I am sorry but Giggy has in now way stolen the series. Not at all. He hasn't even been great. He's been solid. The Ducks have been outplayed for the majority of the series and in no way should they win due to 40 or so seconds of complete luck and flukey goals.

The Wings are out there playing dominant hockey, and taking it to Anaheim in every aspect of the game, yet somehow the Ducks come out with the W. Their luck has gotta end sometime, and I think it'll be tonight.

Another thing I don't agree with is the Wings supposedly being in the midst of becoming a good playoff team again. This team isn't good enough? I've honestly haven't been this impressed with a Wings team in the last 5-6 years. *Even when we won in 2002* that was by default on a completely stacked line up. This 2007 team has got it all. Young, skilled players mixed with future hall of famers, speed, toughness, grit, great goaltending, heart, will, and determination. In all honesty? This has been by far my favorite Wings team. Even from the years we won the Cup, and believe me that is saying A LOT. This team has got all the right tools to go even further. They know they are two wins away from going to the finals. Do you think they are just going to sit back and let the lucky Anaheim Ducks just steal another win from them? I think not. As far as im concerned the Wings are going to be completely determined to go into the game tonight, put forth their best effort, come out on top, and bring it back home. They've shown time and time again this season that they are more than capable of handling adversity, and I 100% believe they'll do just that in Game 6.

GO WINGS!!!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

One of two scenarios are going to play out- either the Wings come out flat and get their collective arse and golf equipment handed to them, or they blow Anaheim out and go back to Detroit to end the series.

even if detroit somehow manages to win tomorrow(which i know they wont ) what makes u think they'll still win the series???....anaheim has already beaten detroit 2 times at home this series...it could happen again...i predicted ducks in 6 b4 the series started and im sticking to it....

Ive been in a piss poor mood since we lost until I realized this afternoon what a joke it is that Im so nervous and bitter. We havent been eliminated yet, its been a long time since the Ducks outplayed us, and we have plenty of reasons to expect the Wings to come out on top in Games 6 and 7.

And you know what? f*** it if we lose. I know it will suck ass, but most of us here have had the chance to see the Wings win 3 Cups already. Thats more than some people have watched their team win in their entire old-aged lives (Im lookin at you Leafs fans). At least we're lucky enough to see our team have tons of success year in and year out. Thats more than, well, pretty much every fan of the other 29 teams can say right now. You gotta put it in perspective and just be thankful that we're still watching OUR team play OUR favorite sport well into the month of May.

With that said, its not over til its over, and I am very confident that the Wings win this game by a healthy 2 goal margin tomorrow.

Well said!!!! lol nut'n but love bro!

Guest jaytan

I think there's a 90 per cent chance that we're done, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. It's a little depressing....

But we're not dead yet.

I 'm feeling cautiously optimistic about our chances. The Wings have been here before. I think the luck will that the Ducks have enjoyed of late even out. We avoided going down a pair last game and we just have to do that in the first--if we don't get a goal, don't give up any. Our 2nd and esp. our 3rd periods are fine. Stay the hell out of OT, we've never beaten Jiggy in extra frames. I expect two things either we steer home (literally) a 2-1 victory and bring it back to the JOE or we see a repeat of last game, mostly likely the former.

Hi Guys,

First let me short introduce myself, i'm from The Netherlands (europe offcourse) i'm a wings fan since '93, always been a big fan of Yzerman. Hockey isn't verry popluair over here the national competition only contains 8 teams.

I allways followed the wings over the internet, since this year finaly i can watch some games LIVE, thanks to NASN. Offcourse i have seen the Wings-Ducks game and like you guys i had a bad sleep after that.

I think the Wings will come back in Detroit, they are going to beat the Ducks today!! and hopfully not in OT because i can take that anymore

i feel very down about the Wings.

i kinda feel like i know they're done.

i want to be wrong.so badly

Dont worry you are wrong.As long as there is another game how can you say their done.This is the Red Wings we'er talking about here.Get with it kylee,get with the peogram and believe in your team.

Guest LivingtheDream

I'm feeling good too. The key is we have to finish. We have to be relentless AND fearless in going to the net. Puck movement and picking up the garbage will handle Giggy.

GO WINGS!!!!!

I feel good too, but as the game gets closer I'll start feeling more nervous...the Wings have outplayed the Ducks the last 3 games...their luck can only last so long...we win in 7...just keep remembering 2002, down 3-2 to the Avs going back to Denver, Dom gets 2 straight shutouts...keep the faith gang

Edited by detroitdan

Eh, I feel that they either need to do it our we are out... nothing more nothingless can be said about it. Am I worried about it... well it will suck that unlike years in the past I won't be at Disney World the day after a knockout...

This series has been all about freak deflections and there is really nothing I can do about it anyways.... We win, hell yeah, I think the cup is ours... We Lose, go get 'em next season. I am happy with them no matter what.

The goal for tonights game is pay off the refs to KEEP the DUCKS out of the Box... Our PP does nothing but waste precious time off the clock.

What I am VERY PISSED about is Mr. Money Banks doesn't have JOE VISION this season!!!!!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest jaytan

i just had a pretty bad dream about this game (OT loss, then I started freaking out and breaking stuff). Realistic too.... Now I feel worse, even though I'm hardly much of a psychic. :lol:

Hi Guys,

First let me short introduce myself, i'm from The Netherlands (europe offcourse) i'm a wings fan since '93, always been a big fan of Yzerman. Hockey isn't verry popluair over here the national competition only contains 8 teams.

I allways followed the wings over the internet, since this year finaly i can watch some games LIVE, thanks to NASN. Offcourse i have seen the Wings-Ducks game and like you guys i had a bad sleep after that.

I think the Wings will come back in Detroit, they are going to beat the Ducks today!! and hopfully not in OT because i can take that anymore

Welcome, glad you could join us, Tom. Be sure and come into the game day thread tonight, if you can. Are you able to watch the game tonight?

I am feeling good about the game, not overconfident, but sure that the Wings will do everything they can to win it. They can't control the refs or bad bounces, but they can play hard on the powerplays and watch the brain-cramps out there. As several of the veterans have said repeatedly, it's the little things that need improvement. All it takes in this series is a tiny advantage here and there, and having a Red Wing in the right place to capitalize on the mistake.

They can do this! :thumbup:

The Pistons (76-79) and the Tigers (3-0) vs. STL have me so inspired.

I just don't see us losing this game, this series.

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be ***,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

GO WINGS!!!!!!