• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 6 (5/22) GDT: Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

I've got a good feeling about this game. All our hard work has to pay off sometime, let's just hope it's tonight.

I'm not usually one to make predictions, but I feel pretty confident so here it goes. Hasek will be near unbeatable all night and the Wings will force a game 7.

i agree completely...he's one of the greatest goalies of alltime so i don't care how fukin giguere is playing, we've got a mother f'ing legend in net and he's not gonna lose three in a row...

Guest Crymson

Beware the Wrath of the Patient Man!! Lets Go Wings, I am keeping the positive vibes flowing through me all of today. I will get to see the first period and then I will have to Tivo the second and third and watch it later tonight. If we play hard at the begining and keep it up the whole game we will win tonight. :siren::sly:

"The quiet resolve of the Red Wings was about to be tested. For the first time in this playoff run, they were facing elimination.. and in a hostile environment."

"You can just feel the rarefied air of anticipation here in Denver.. and desperation for Detroit."

"We were sort of down but Steve Yzerman had a great speech in the locker room before the game 6, you know. And he said we are here to win that game but this is not our goal.. our goal is to win game 7, and then we have to win four more games in the finals." -Hasek

And, of course: "Forsberg trying to pick it up, did not down low.. Yzerman.. tied up by Blake! Rob Blake just saved a goal! Off the point, Lidstrom's shot, Yzerman knocked it down.. and a great save... the goal counts! The goal counts! The goal counts! Patrick Roy thought he had it in the glove, he went to hold it up, the puck fell down behind him and went in!"

^^^^ and then Hasek shut the door. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/cup0...-usat-hasek.htm

I know this was 5 years ago.. but it can give us hope, and we can still trust Hasek to play this way, along with the rest of the boys. We all know what happened in game 7 :P

Edited by Crymson

"The quiet resolve of the Red Wings was about to be tested. For the first time in this playoff run, they were facing elimination.. and in a hostile environment."

"You can just feel the rarefied air of anticipation here in Denver.. and desperation for Detroit."

"We were sort of down by Steve Yzerman had a great speech in the locker room before the game 6, you know. And he said we are here to win that game but this is not our goal.. our goal is to win game 7, and then we have to win four more games in the finals."

And, of course: "Forsberg trying to pick it up, did not down low.. Yzerman.. tied up by Blake! Rob Blake just saved a goal! Off the point, Lidstrom's shot, Yzerman knocked it down.. and a great save... the goal counts! The goal counts! The goal counts! Patrick Roy thought he had it in the glove, he went to hold it up, the puck fell down behind him and went in!"

All the years later, the tations are still sick. But especially Yzerman's speech: " ..we are here to win that game but this is not our goal... our goal is to win game 7, and then we have to win four more"

The Wings have demonstrated they can beat the Ducks anyplace, anytime. They're loose, motivated and focused - and for those reasons, I believe the Wings will win this game in convincing fashion!

Wings win a close one, IN OT!!!!

Wings 3 (Dats, Z, Draper (OT))

Ducks 2 (two random waddling puckers)

GO WINGS GO!!! GO WINGS GO!!! GO WINGS GO!!!

No overtime! Too much anxiety...

Wings 3 (Dats, Homer, Bert). :siren::siren::siren:

Ducks 1 (Pronger). :thumbdown:

Go Wings! Please don't let this be it!

Ok, my signature and avatar are officially updated to be a bandwagoner.

Hoping for the win...will be in class all damn night, so I'll have to hear about it via text message.

Ducks 3-1 tonight. Goals by Getzlaf, Pronger, and Selanne. The series will be over tonight. Regarding the Wings looking back to 2002 in repeating a 3-2 comeback against the Avalanche, only 7 players from the Wings current roster (Draper, Maltby, Lidstrom, Chelios, Hasek, Holmstrom, and Datsyuk) were around back in 2002 for the Wings. It wont be the same outcome. This will be the Ducks best game of the series

Edited by Ducks2007

alright, this is it. the biggest game of the season. it all comes down to tonight. i'm confident, but nervous as hell. all i know is we're about due for a game where we get the breaks. GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!! i hope to see the ducks waddling around detroit in a few days.

wings 4-2

The ride attendant for the rapter at Cedar Point yesterday got a few passer byers to Clap the LETS GO RED WINGS... after he blurted it out upon seeing my Ozzie hat and Wings hoody :) Pretty funny.

BTW if you are picking a Weekday to go when the kiddies are still in school.... DON'T GO TO PHYSICS DAY!!!! Dammit, we had it all planned until we got there and saw all these HSers.... Next time I will check their activity schedule. But as promised we used our $$'s saved from not going to round 3 or 4 games (out of cost protest) and bought Offside and I season passes :)

Ehmm, some of those HSers at CP yesterday were RockitSon and buds! They were supposed to go on Sr. Skip Day but had their last BB game that day and had to attend school to play, so the team seniors went yesterday.

Small world, and getting smaller all the time.

[edited to stay OT: I'm wearing RockitSon's Mac jersey tonight for the game-- his spirit will no doubt kick some Duckarse for all the non-pens]

Edited by RedRockit

Today is the day... we must show the country who the Red Wings are. I have watched nearly every game this season. I watched (and listened) when they were on their winning streaks and seemed like no one could touch them. I even sat by and faithfully watched as they entered into losing streaks and it seemed like they could touch no one. I watched as they played the St. Louis Blues and gave up the longest shutout record in the NHL when they failed to score a single goal that game.

Today I will watch my Red Wings as I have done every other game and I will believe. I believe they will win, not only tonight, but on Thursday as well. They have proved to me and every other hockey fan that they don't just go away... that they are not weak, or slow. In fact throughout the past three series they have proved to every hockey fan out there just the opposite.

I will watch tonight with the anticipation of a great game, performed by a great team. The Red Wings have given me a great season, one of the most entertaining in years. I am not expecting the end of a great season tonight or Thursday night for that matter.

The Red Wings can do it and I can't wait to watch! Let's GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game, number 6.

Win - Go to game 7.

Loose - Go hiome having lost to the "Disney" team (its still in them,,

even if they ain't owned by them no more)

This game, is to be an exciting, thrilling on the edge of the seat match up.

Detroit, you know you can do it. So go otu there, and show those damn dirty ducks what your made of!

Go Wings!

Kev.

Guest DetroitIan

No doubt about it. The Red Wings WILL force a game 7. Wings 3 Ducks 2. Heading back to the Joe!

all i know and all iam going to say is that this should be a good game with one team looking for a trip to the finals and one team looking to stay alive o and if game goes in OT i will prolly have heart problems OTs are fun to watch but hurts the heart

Edited by lou

This is all I want to see. It CAN be done. The Wings can win when everyone counts them out. Let's see a repeat.

GAME 1: @DET 5, COL 3

GAME 2: COL 4, @DET 3

GAME 3: DET 2, @COL 1

GAME 4: @COL 3, DET 2

GAME 5: COL 2, @DET 1

GAME 6: DET 2, @COL 0

GAME 7: @DET 7, COL 0

This is all I want to see. It CAN be done. The Wings can win when everyone counts them out. Let's see a repeat.

GAME 1: @DET 5, COL 3

GAME 2: COL 4, @DET 3

GAME 3: DET 2, @COL 1

GAME 4: @COL 3, DET 2

GAME 5: COL 2, @DET 1

GAME 6: DET 2, @COL 0

GAME 7: @DET 7, COL 0

i would like to see a repeat of the sharks series where u won in 6 in the same win/loss pattern as this series ^^