• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 6 (5/22) GDT: Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

Well...

The way we started, we're lucky to be only down by one. (GOD I HATE saying that).

We finished much stronger, but we sure could have used a goal on that PP.

Man does our powerless play suck. I'm convinced it could be a 5-on-1 and we still wouldn't be able to keep the puck in for more than 10 seconds.

The PP Is all about creating odd man rushes. Try to get as many 2-on-1 situations in the offensive zones you can. And yet, how many times did we see a puck battle where it was 2-on-2 or 1-on-1?

We need to get this thing going. That was a huge opportunity for us to go into the 2nd tied at 1.

And we really, really need Lang to start doing something. I know he's a popular whipping boy but he's playing like a 4th line player. The only thing I've seen him do is draw a linemate offside twice by making an extra move at the blueline.

Come on Wings. I'm tired of making Giguere look better than he is. He's let out some HUGE rebounds that we have to start capatilizing on. On one play, Bertuzzi just fired a lazy wristshot at Giggy and he couldn't even hold on to that as a short 3 foot rebound came right out front. Cleary almost go there and if he had one extra step it would have been a slam dunk for him.

LETS GO WINGS!

Guest jaytan

At least, you know, we've been s***ty in a lot of first periods in these playoffs only to bounce back on 'em. But I'm not feeling this game.

Have there even been any Game sevens in these playoffs?

edit: nevermind, Vancouver-Dallas

Edited by jaytan

it took less than 4 minutes for mr optimism to rear his ugly face.

Thats seemed to really help us in the past! :rolleyes:

Our biggest problem has been our powerplay. If we had it consistent, this series is already over! Certainly, The Ducks are a good defensive team, but our PP makes them look amazing.

In order to win tonight, we need better special teams. I'd sit Bert on his ass. He looks pensive and slow. I'm sure he is hurting. Lets go after Ryan Smyth!!!!

Edited by servo

The puck bounces on every play. Its the worst ice in the NHL.

I've heard several players say it's like playing on the moon. There's even been rumours that it's one of the reasons why Kariya left.