• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Lidstrom can make statement

Rate this topic

Between everything I'm banking a little on Nick to add some direction out there.

It isn't a compass that the guys need so much though.... it's that anything else that has kept them from burying the Ducks. It's 3am right now and I have no intention of sleeping - not because of the game, actually, but just because I got stuff to do for class tomorrow and I'm full of energy drinks.

I definitely hope his words stick and propel them tonight though. This is the biggest game of the year yet, before the game after, and any elimination or Stanley Cup securing Finals games.

Captain Nick confident in his team.

Also, check out these Wings gallery from their practice yesterday. They are in good spirits, just goofing aroud and having a good time. That's great to see. :thumbup:

...damn, the first picture I see is Mathieu and the cast on his wrist. Hey, it's RED! :)

Great pictures. Even more ready for the game. 10 HOURS!!

Our goal is not to win game 6, but to win game 7 and then 4 more after that.

While that would show confidence, I would think there goal right now is winning game 6, take it one game at a time. If you get caught looking ahead too far, you may get burned.

While that would show confidence, I would think there goal right now is winning game 6, take it one game at a time. If you get caught looking ahead too far, you may get burned.

Stevie Y said that to the team before Game 6 of the 2002 WCF's.

.......The WingsZR2 quote, that is.

Stevie Y said that to the team before Game 6 of the 2002 WCF's.

.......The WingsZR2 quote, that is.

I think I'm going to watch Red Alert Hockeytown 3 when I get home from work.

If any team can win a game 6 elimination game when everything is on the line it is the red wings, unfortunatly.

I hope the ducks do it tonight but not suprised if wings take this one, and if wings win tonight wings wont lose in game 7.

Tonight is going to determine Lidstrom's legacy as a Red Wings captain. This "speech" he's planning has to hit the hearts of the team in order to inspire them.

Captain Nick confident in his team.

Also, check out these Wings gallery from their practice yesterday. They are in good spirits, just goofing aroud and having a good time. That's great to see. :thumbup:

I am not sure if I am happy to see them goofing around. The time for goofing around is over. Goofing around is the kind of penalty Datsyuk took in the last 2 mins of the game or Franzen not clearing the zone. They gotta play the perfect game tonight to bring the Ducks in an uncomfortable Game 7 at the Joe.

I am not sure if I am happy to see them goofing around. The time for goofing around is over. Goofing around is the kind of penalty Datsyuk took in the last 2 mins of the game or Franzen not clearing the zone. They gotta play the perfect game tonight to bring the Ducks in an uncomfortable Game 7 at the Joe.

You gotta stay loose during practices, and before game time. It brings the team closer together. I remember before the Wings won the huge game 7 against the Avs in '02 Bowman was telling the fellas jokes in the lockeroom right before the game.

You gotta stay loose during practices, and before game time. It brings the team closer together. I remember before the Wings won the huge game 7 against the Avs in '02 Bowman was telling the fellas jokes in the lockeroom right before the game.

I am all for being lose at game time and ready to perform but I would rather see a tight practice to get focused on the task on hand.

Of course I ain't coaching anybody and never will, so what do I know. :rolleyes:

I am all for being lose at game time and ready to perform but I would rather see a tight practice to get focused on the task on hand.

Of course I ain't coaching anybody and never will, so what do I know. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they focused on what need be done.

Like HC said, keeping the team loose, with eachother, feeling like a cohesive unit and ready to play out there, that can be as important as 'barrelling down' on them and saying "here's the gun, you're under it" -- or some much more inspiring version of "this is clutch time, guys."