• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Learn2LuvIt

You Be The Captain-Your Words to Team Before We Hit the Ice

Rate this topic

What would you say to the team if your were the Captain (twenty words or less)-right before we hit the ice.

Here's what I'd say:

"Are these guys a better team than us? Ask and answer that question tonight gentleman."

GO Wings-GO!!

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

"everyone has the ducks winning and we already know that we play better as the underdog team so let's go out there and do what we do best...check, pass, score, and win!"

or...

"i didn't want to tell you this but, coach is real sick and might make it, let's go out there and show him the best game of his life." :P

"Stop DICKING around and score more than the 1.67 we let in per game for once, GOD DAMMIT!"

Short a sweet and to the point.

Edited by OsGOD

"Hey Lang, take the night off."

The score's 3-3 with 10 seconds left, guess who's scoring the GWG. Yeah, that's right... MR. CLUTCH!

More than 20 words, but....

Over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What the f*** happened to the Wings I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Lids, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Pronger, he's a dead man! Getslaugh, dead! Niedermeyer...

Oh, and one more thing.

STICK SIDE HIGH!

Apologies to the Animal House purists out there.

Screw 20 words...I've never had a concise bone in my body...

Gentlemen, tonight, we will be defined as a team that has what it takes or a team that couldn't quite make it happen. Everyone is watching...everyone is waiting...the bottom line though is that I firmly believe that we do indeed have what it takes. I believe we have proved that throughout the course of this season and these playoffs. No one expected us to be here. All we had to go on was our work ethic and our belief in ourselves. Gentlemen, tonight is the night that we must stand up once and for all and boldly declare that we, the 2007 Detroit Red Wings absolutely have what it takes. Through injury, pain, joy and adversity, we have a team worthy to compete for the Stanley Cup. Tonight, as any warrior against the wall will tell you, we have no other choice but to go out there and prove that we will not be defeated. We will not settle. We...will...win...there is no other choice. If we lose, we go home. We must not lose. I believe in each and every one of you and I believe in this team. I believe we still have a lot to say. Gentlemen, tonight, we will be defined. Let's go...

"F$%&(#@G Lard-ass Donaldson, you all saw it, stick down, gloves off, no warning, he challenged The Cheifs The Wings. But Dave was there.."

"Yeah Dave's a KILLER!"

"Dave's A KILLER"

"Dave's a mess..."

"But Dave's out, who's gonna take his place?"

"Is the answer Jesus?"

"All right boys....show us whatcha got!"