• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Learn2LuvIt

You Be The Captain-Your Words to Team Before We Hit the Ice

Rate this topic

Their team is based on a Walt Disney Movie! Do you want to lose to that????? Now get out there and shove that flying V up their @sses!

Oh, and kill Pronger! :P

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

Mike Illitch~ "Its a long walk back to Detroit *******"

haha :clap:

this one is great too

Their team is based on a Walt Disney Movie! Do you want to lose to that????? Now get out there and shove that flying V up their @sses!

Oh, and kill Pronger!

:clap::clap::clap:

This is the kind of game where you need to directly call out players to be their best.

"We didn't come here to end it, we came here to continue it. We're a better team out there, nobody will deny it, they just keep getting the bounces. If we want to bring this one back to Detroit we need to play the best games of our lives. Bertuzzi, you need to play the best game of your life. Pavel, you need to play the best f****** game of your life. Cleary and Franzen, I want to see you rush the corners with everything you got. Kopeski, prove to us you deserve to be here. Babs trusts you can do it, but keep him from regretting that decision.

We're not here to look back on why we lost. We're here to kick their asses and send this one to Detroit. C'mon boys, they don't stand a chance."

Edit: I just saw "in 20 words or less". Well I believe this intense of a game requires at least 45 :)

Edited by Echolalia

I think Steve needs stop by the locker room on his way to the luxury box and drop a little.....

Steve Yzerman: Sons of Detroit. I am Steve Yzerman!

Todd Bertuzzi: You’re not Steve Yzerman. Steve Yzerman is seven feet tall!

SY: Aye, and if Steve Yzerman were here, he would shoot lighting bolts from his eyes and fire balls from his arse, and he would smite the Ducks with his wooden blade!

Draper/Maltby laugh

SY: I am Steve Yzerman. And I see a whole red army of my Wingmen,

here in defiance of tyranny and goalies standing on their heads! You have come to fight as cup seeking men. And cup seeking men you are! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT YOUR CUP? Will you fight?"

Robert Lang: Twenty thousand against Eighteen? No! We will run - and play golf!

SY: Yes! Fight and you may loss or die. Run and you

will live to play golf, at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for

one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell

our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take

our STANLEY!!!!

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

I think Steve needs stop by the locker room on his way to the luxury box and drop a little.....

Steve Yzerman: Sons of Detroit. I am Steve Yzerman!

Todd Bertuzzi: You’re not Steve Yzerman. Steve Yzerman is seven feet tall!

SY: Aye, and if Steve Yzerman were here, he would shoot lighting bolts from his eyes and fire balls from his arse, and he would smite the Ducks with his wooden blade!

Draper/Maltby laugh

SY: I am Steve Yzerman. And I see a whole red army of my Wingmen,

here in defiance of tyranny and goalies standing on their heads! You have come to fight as cup seeking men. And cup seeking men you are! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT YOUR CUP? Will you fight?"

Robert Lang: Twenty thousand against Eighteen? No! We will run - and play golf!

SY: Yes! Fight and you may loss or die. Run and you

will live to play golf, at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for

one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell

our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take

our STANLEY!!!!

LURRVVE IT!!!

Another:

NIK: Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Stanley is your god, Stanley, and he lives in the Ice. Once, giants lived in the Ice. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Stanley, and they took from him the enigma of octopus. Stanley was angered. And the Ice shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the stands, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of octopus and left it on the ice . Those who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of octopus has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Red Wings. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not ducks.

[Points to hockey stick]

NIK: This you can trust.

"I am sick and tired of hearing how good a team the Soviet's Ducks have...their time is over, its done... Tonight is our time...." "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?? YES!!" we win the series...

Good morning. In less than an hour, hockey fans from Detroit will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest fan support in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is do or die, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day and this day will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Screw 20 words...I've never had a concise bone in my body...

Gentlemen, tonight, we will be defined as a team that has what it takes or a team that couldn't quite make it happen. Everyone is watching...everyone is waiting...the bottom line though is that I firmly believe that we do indeed have what it takes. I believe we have proved that throughout the course of this season and these playoffs. No one expected us to be here. All we had to go on was our work ethic and our belief in ourselves. Gentlemen, tonight is the night that we must stand up once and for all and boldly declare that we, the 2007 Detroit Red Wings absolutely have what it takes. Through injury, pain, joy and adversity, we have a team worthy to compete for the Stanley Cup. Tonight, as any warrior against the wall will tell you, we have no other choice but to go out there and prove that we will not be defeated. We will not settle. We...will...win...there is no other choice. If we lose, we go home. We must not lose. I believe in each and every one of you and I believe in this team. I believe we still have a lot to say. Gentlemen, tonight, we will be defined. Let's go...

Well friggin' said.

Go WINGS!!