Resign Mathieu Schneider to around the same contract he has around 3.5 mil*

Resign Danny Markov to another one year deal around 2.5 mil*

Resign Kyle Calder around 2.5 mil

Resign Chris Chelios 900,000

Resign Hasek and give him a raise im not sure how much

Let Lang and Bertuzzi go

Sign Anson Carter around 2.5 mil

Go hard after Ryan Smyth and give him anywhere from 5-6mil

* If they dont resign Schenider and Markov maybe go after Sheldon Souray, or Robyn Regher if Calgary lets him go

Edited by heikks86

Heres what i think the Red Wings should do during the offseason

Let Lang and Bertuzzi go

* If they dont resign Schenider and Markov maybe go after Sheldon Souray, or Robyn Regher if Calgary lets him go

I agree with those that suggest that you hold off discussions until after the Wings season, which will hopefully won't come until mid-June :P

That said, I think you need to consider the Cap, which is expected to be around $47-48 million next year and based on what you are saying here, you are probably already pushing $48 million and still need to sign 4 more forwards (Holmstrom being one of them).

Heres what i think the Red Wings should do during the offseason

Let Lang and Bertuzzi go

Whaaaaaaat? Alright, first of all, this is definitely not the time for this kind of talk. We'll worry about the Offseason when it gets here and as of this moment our Wings are still alive.

Second, why would you sign Carter and let Bert go? Bert will sign at less then 2.5 million because after his injury problems, no one is going to offer him very much - and I think he's found a home here in Detroit. The fans like him and he has brought what we need to this team. I can only imagine how good we would be if he were 100% healthy (drools)

Ryan Smyth, I sort of agree, but if you're going to grant him a 5-6 mil contract, I'd rather throw that at Drury. He's a proven playoff performer and very clutch. I'd rather have him then Smyth.

And Souray is not someone I would want on this team. Regher though is a nice choice if available.

Again, why are we talking about this!? :P

Are you nuts? Schneider and Lang need to be given the boot. Sign Bert, Sign Souray, bring up Quincey. Play Hudler more.

And trade Draper.

I've been reading these post for awhile and have kept my mouth shut until now. For starters... who wrote that matthew schinder is a better defensman then sourey? I didn't even realize they had him marked as a "D" until this year. He maybe the worst defensively skilled d-man in the league. He does have a cannon from the point and he does have great offensive talents.

Next point, to the individual that wrote that the wings still need to re-sign holmstrom. They already did, 3 years.

I hope like hell the wings win tonight and take game 7. They match up extremely well against ottawa. It will be a shame to not watch the wings play for the cup. Even tho there are only a hand full of people watching!

Edited by Detroitwhat05

Whaaaaaaat? Alright, first of all, this is definitely not the time for this kind of talk. We'll worry about the Offseason when it gets here and as of this moment our Wings are still alive.

Second, why would you sign Carter and let Bert go? Bert will sign at less then 2.5 million because after his injury problems, no one is going to offer him very much - and I think he's found a home here in Detroit. The fans like him and he has brought what we need to this team. I can only imagine how good we would be if he were 100% healthy (drools)

Ryan Smyth, I sort of agree, but if you're going to grant him a 5-6 mil contract, I'd rather throw that at Drury. He's a proven playoff performer and very clutch. I'd rather have him then Smyth.

And Souray is not someone I would want on this team. Regher though is a nice choice if available.

Again, why are we talking about this!? :P

I didnt know Betuzzi would only sign around 2.5 mil thats why i went with Carter, I would for sure rather have Bertuzzi than Carter. But i thought Bertuzzi would demand more money and Carter would come cheaper

And finally, i'm reading posts to "win one for lilia" and "I feel bad for him." A. he's a rapist (see articles from sweden from the lockout year) B. Franzan is at fault for letting the game get into OT in the first place. CLEAR THE PUCK OFF OF THE GLASS!!!!!

Riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

and it's Franzen not Franzan.

WTF!!!?? is this stupid thread doing up??? :angry:

way to jinx the team

I suggest a moderator DELETE this thread ASAP/ :crazy:

The wings ended their season when they failed to clear the puck out of the zone on sunday. Remember how quick prior opponents folded when the wings scored late in regulation? The red wings are officially on hospice.

I've been reading these post for awhile and have kept my mouth shut until now. For starters... who wrote that matthew schinder is a better defensman then sourey? I didn't even realize they had him marked as a "D" until this year. He maybe the worst defensively skilled d-man in the league. He does have a cannon from the point and he does have great offensive talents.

Next point, to the individual that wrote that the wings still need to re-sign holmstrom. They already did, 3 years.

And finally, i'm reading posts to "win one for lilia" and "I feel bad for him." A. he's a rapist (see articles from sweden from the lockout year) B. Franzan is at fault for letting the game get into OT in the first place. CLEAR THE PUCK OFF OF THE GLASS!!!!!

I hope like hell the wings win tonight and take game 7. They match up extremely well against ottawa. It will be a shame to not watch the wings play for the cup. Even tho there are only a hand full of people watching!

You're right, they re-signed Holmstrom back in February, that was an oversight on my part (but is just going to make my point even more....they'll be over the cap).

I am not sure if you are talking about Schnieder or Souray...actually, pretty sure you are talking about Schnieder, but it could really apply to either one.

Lilja was cleared of any rape charges, so if you want to call him a rapist, you may be opening yourself up to being sued for slander.

Riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

and it's Franzen not Franzan.

In 2005, Lilja, and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Kristian Huselius were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March of 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.

-either it was rape or someone forgot to pay their stripprs!

Franzen has been playing very well and laying on the hits; he made a bad error so did Bert, Lilja, Lidstrom etc. What's this all about Lilja being "a rapist"???? Where did that come from?

The wings ended their season when they failed to clear the puck out of the zone on sunday. Remember how quick prior opponents folded when the wings scored late in regulation? The red wings are officially on hospice.

:nonono:

In 2005, Lilja, and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Kristian Huselius were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March of 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.

-either it was rape or someone forgot to pay their stripprs!

What does that have anything to do with the way he plays hockey??

Franzen has been playing very well and laying on the hits; he made a bad error so did Bert, Lilja, Lidstrom etc. What's this all about Lilja being "a rapist"???? Where did that come from?

He, along with Henrik Tallinder and Kristian Huselius were accused of rape in early 2005, but were subsequently cleared of any charges.

I agree, Franzen has been one of the more consistant wings throughout the playoffs. i was just suggesting that lilja was less at fault for the loss then everyone is making him out to be. Yes, an error was made in judgement by skating the puck directly in front of his own net when he was the last man back but again, they should not have been in that position.