• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

My official Go Senators thread

Rate this topic

Gotta go with my Country, and since Canada needs to taste the cup, I'ts time. Flame away, but I do hope Detroit waxes the ducks good tonight, then we can have a good old fashioned border war!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS

The cup is going to stay in the states, where it belongs. East or west, I don't care as long as the USA keeps it :)

However, that is merely guidlines for me as if the mighty phucks send us golfing tonight... I will be forced to root for Ottawa as the Phucks just don't do anything for me....

Edited by OsGOD

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Gotta go with my Country, and since Canada needs to taste the cup, I'ts time. Flame away, but I do hope Detroit waxes the ducks good tonight, then we can have a good old fashioned border war!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS

Not that it matters since the Wings are going to win 4-2 tonight (MARK MY WORDS, PREDICTION-MASTER GST HAS SPOKEN) and then they'll win game 7 so obviously i'd root for the Wings in the finals.

However, to merely indulge this hypothetical situation where the Ducks could advance to the finals even though we know they won't, I would, in that impossible scenario, root for Ottawa. Here's why?

1. Ottawa's been my favorite East team for years. Much like the Wings for a long time only a bit tougher. Although they struggled with the gifted, finesse image for a number of playoff seasons just like the Wings have.

2. Chris Pronger. Nothing would make me happier than to see Pronger come up short 2 straight years and not get his name on the cup....ever.

3. Rob Niedermayer and Scott Niedermayer. Rob is solid, one of those guys like Matlby who just drives me nuts with his play but I wouldn't mind having him on my team kind of guys. And Scott, Nick's rival for the Norris and a guy who I think plays a bit recklessly at times (remember him smashing Peter Worrell over the head with his stick?). He's a guy I think is nowhere near Lidstrom's level defensively yet could steal another Norris from Nick by having a handful more pionts. Anyway, the idea that Scott has 3 cups and his brother has none makes me happy. Scott went to Anaheim to get another cup and help out his bro and the evil, malicious side of me wants them to fail so that Rob can never taste the success his brother has had. I want him to feel the failure down to his core. I want him to envy and feel like his career is incomplete.

Whew, I don't know why i'm so evil sometimes but I just really don't like those Niedermayer brothers. Oh well, it won't matter so much cause we'll beat them and Rob will go out in the conference finals which won't feel as bad as losing in the Finals so there you go.

Go WINGS!

DUCKS BLOW!!!!

Should the Wings lose to the Ducks (which I don't think is going to happen, BTW - Wings in 7!) I will be cheering on the Senators. Ottawa has been my second favorite NHL team since they came into the league. Of course, they're like #5 on my list, since my love of the Wings is so large it takes up four spaces. LOL

But alas, even though the Sens have made it to the SCF - don't get me wrong, I am very happy for them - I will not be able to cheer for them because I will be busy cheering on the Wings to their fourth Cup in 10 years. :D

Edited by Yzermania19

Even though the Wings will win tonight, in years past when the Wings have been eliminated, I almost always cheer for the West. I always like to see the Wings conference get the cup. The only exceptions are when I just despise the team representing the West (I.E. 2001 Colorado). Even that year hurt because I hated the Devils for '95.

If the Wings lose, I'd much rather see Canada get the Cup than Chris Pronger. I don't think that will be the case though.

I agree. Chris Pronger should never win, or even touch the Cup. He's such a piece of s***.

GO WINGS

i guess your not really a wings fan ........im canadian and i couldnt care less about the senators if they played the wings, detroit is my number 1 priority by far

Why do people have to keep trotting out the border war thing over and over again. Most teams are a good percentage Canadian players, and every team has a few Canadians, so no matter what team wins, there are some Canadians winning the cup. Why does a Canadian team *deserve* the Cup more than an American team? I never understood this.

The only thing bringing the whole "A Canadian team needs to win the Cup" subject causes is a big flame war. If Canadians wouldn't bring it up, Americans wouldn't respond to it.

Why do people have to keep trotting out the border war thing over and over again. Most teams are a good percentage Canadian players, and every team has a few Canadians, so no matter what team wins, there are some Canadians winning the cup. Why does a Canadian team *deserve* the Cup more than an American team? I never understood this.

The only thing bringing the whole "A Canadian team needs to win the Cup" subject causes is a big flame war. If Canadians wouldn't bring it up, Americans wouldn't respond to it.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well, that's just his reason. He's Canadian. Same reason why Americans want Americans to win gold medals or world championships. If your main team doesn't win why not cheer for a team located in your country or near you or for whatever reason. I don't agree with the thinking that the Cup belongs to Canada b/c it doesn't but I have no problem with anybody wanting a team from Canada to win it b/c they're Canadian.

I have nothing against the Sens except the unusually high jackass quotient of their fan base, and nothing against the Ducks except for Chris Pronger being on the roster...if it does come down to Ducks vs. Sens the only thing I'll be rooting for is a meteor strike on the Honda Center 5 minutes into game 1.

Ottawa is my 2nd favourite team, hence the impending Wings/Sens final is going to be great....I wouldn't be as mad if the Wings lose to the Sens than if it were any other team.

On another note - having followed Ottawa's entire playoff run - there is no doubt in my mind that if the Ducks pull out this fluke of a series win they will be thoroughly sh*t kicked by the Sens..... The hockey world deserves a final that won't end in 5 games or less.....

I have nothing against the Sens except the unusually high jackass quotient of their fan base, and nothing against the Ducks except for Chris Pronger being on the roster...if it does come down to Ducks vs. Sens the only thing I'll be rooting for is a meteor strike on the Honda Center 5 minutes into game 1.

:lol:

GO WINGS

Border war? This is hockey, this is a sport. This isn't a military ambush.