• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheels

It was a good season

Rate this topic

No team has the morale to come back and win game 6 after dominating games 4 & 5 and still comming up short. I truely believe this team is better than the Ducks of Ottawa and should have won the cup dspite injuries. Hopfully Dom can return next year in similar form and we can make another run at the cup.

It's a real shame, we really deserved to win this series. Go Ottawa in the finals!

No team has the morale to come back and win game 6 after dominating games 4 & 5 and still comming up short. I truely believe this team is better than the Ducks of Ottawa and should have won the cup dspite injuries. Hopfully Dom can return next year in similar form and we can make another run at the cup.

It's a real shame, we really deserved to win this series. Go Ottawa in the finals!

Wow, 1 more period to go and you think the season is over.

Guest LivingtheDream

There are optimists and pessimists and realists. Get out your hankies if the Wings keep playing like this.

Yes I do. I am as big of a wings fan as they come, but I am also realistic. Fate is not on our side my friend.

I agree. To win the cup you need some luck and things to go your way. There haven't been too many teams that won the Cup with as many injuries that the Wings have had.

But in the end, our PP totally deflated our chances to win this series. It started with the Wings failure to score on that 5-on-3 in game 3 when we were tied 3-3. We score on that and this series is over.

But instead, they kill it, they score on their own PP and that was it.

Our PP looks absolutely pathetic this game. It seems like our players are more proud of themselves if they can keep it in the zone for more than 20 seconds let alone create any chances.

Did anyone else see how on our last PP, Zetterberg had 3 guys around him in the corner? How does that happen? We're the team with the man advantage and yet he got outmuscled by 3 players. Somehwere, there's a 4-on-1 available but our PP has been beyond horrendous. And it's kind of disheartening to see that Babcock and his coaching staff were unable to right that ship after Game 3.

Ce la vie.

Good series Ducks and good luck. Although I think the Sens are going to win it all this year.

The good news is that Lang will be gone forever in about 1 month's time. That guy was completely useless for us this entire playoff and I find it amazing that we were able to make it to the Conference final and 2 games shy of the Finals with having so many injuries and our "2nd line centre" play like a pile of garbage.

Here's to next year with guys like Filp, Quincy, Hudler and possibly Grigorenko playing larger roles.

Guest Agalloch

Whatever, this team can only get better. We should add a couple top six forwards, resign Schneider, Markov, and Hasek, and go at it again.

Oh, let me also mention that I want two top six forwards that aren't complete wusses, and are willing to PLAY PHYSICAL!

It's not a matter of there being one period left to play. With the way the Wings have played tonight, they don't deserve a win. It's really sad and depressing. I'm not ready to say how great or terrible a season the Wings had yet. I know it's over and it totally sucks!!

I really believe that game 5, lady luck was not on our side and had we won that game, we very well could have had a awesome shot @ taking down ottawa in the finals, and what would have been better redemption for hasek than to beat the team that thought he gave up on them.

a damn shame...

Edited by WingedWheels

It was a GREAT season. The Wings exceeded many people's expectations (not mine). Two things that continue to bother me: 1. The Wings powerplay all season. 2. Entering the offensive zone via the boards all season. Neither of these were corrected and it hurt them.

The TV is off now as I just can't watch anymore. If they make a miraculous comeback I'll check the Tivo. It hurts now, but I'm REALLY excited about next year. Especially with the additions and deletions of players.

Go Wings 2008

It has been a great season. Losing the players that we lost in the offseason and still manage to pull off first in the West and tie for first in the league, and going further in the playoffs than we have gone since 2002 :clap: . All I hope is that we don't resign Lang for another season.

Hahaha! I love it! After I talk about how horrible our PP is and how Bab's should be shaking things up Kelly Hrudey just said on CBC how the Wings need to get Sammuelson off the PP because he's not doing anything out there. I love Hrudey!

It has been a great season. Losing the players that we lost in the offseason and still manage to pull off first in the West and tie for first in the league, and going further in the playoffs than we have gone since 2002 :clap: . All I hope is that we don't resign Lang for another season.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!!

I like Schneids too but I don't think we should resign him with Quincy, Meech and Ericsson chomping at the bit and NHL ready.

I also hope we resign Calder and Bert if it's in the budget.

Only now do I truly appreciate how much this team needs a pure goal-scorer.

The problem is there are few guys like that in the NHL. Look at the Ducks. The only true goalscorer they have is Selanne and he's struggled for the most part in this series.

If we can resign a healthy Bert that would help. But yeah, we're mainly a passing team with a lot of good passers. But Zetts can finish well and if we can get Bert back that would help.

The good news is that Lang will be gone forever in about 1 month's time. That guy was completely useless for us this entire playoff

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Lang's brilliance that brought Detroit back against San Jose in crucial times. Had it not been for Lang, Detroit wouldn't have made it past the Sharks. This series with Anaheim should've been over, but the Ducks were able to take advantage of opportunites and Detroit hasn't. That's been the difference. Anaheim stole game 4 and 5 in which Detroit deserved to win. To have lost 5-0 and lose Pronger would have seemed demoralizing but they bounced back from that. Unfortunately, Detroit wasn't able to reverse the giveaway in game 5 that cost them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Lang's brilliance that brought Detroit back against San Jose in crucial times. Had it not been for Lang, Detroit wouldn't have made it past the Sharks. This series with Anaheim should've been over, but the Ducks were able to take advantage of opportunites and Detroit hasn't. That's been the difference. Anaheim stole game 4 and 5 in which Detroit deserved to win. To have lost 5-0 and lose Pronger would have seemed demoralizing but they bounced back from that. Unfortunately, Detroit wasn't able to reverse the giveaway in game 5 that cost them.

Blah blah blah. Youre blind if you dont see that Lang sucks ass 90% of the time and is responsible for more goals and chances against us than he creates for us. Plus, hes turtle-like at skating and his relexes suck now. Hes the only player on a roster of older guys that really shows his age. Dump his ass. Better fish in the sea.

WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THE REFS DETERMINED THE WINNERS OF THE SERIES

Game 2: Ref should have whistled when the puck was in Dom's padding.

Game 5: Where was the interference that Datsyuk did?

I hope they are happy with themselves knowing no one is going to watch the SCF, most of Canada hates Ottawa, & who is gonna watch Anaheim besides some California ppl

You're right, Lang had that great goal in the closing seconds in one of the San Jose games. Also, I think everyone has contributed at one point or the other. This team really persevered under the circumstances of MANY injuries. I for one am also excited for next year. As far as Lang, I would hope we look to our youth a bit more. He was a solid player during his time here, but its time he moved on.