• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheels

It was a good season

Rate this topic

Been a hell of a season and playoff run! If we can resign of couple key players and add a little size,next season could be even better!

Nothing to be down about,its been a great playoff run in Detroit! Go Wings ALWAYS!

to blame game 5 on us, of all things, is bulls***

I'm not blaming game 5 on the Wings, but it seems to have been a crushing loss for them. They were 47 seconds away from making it a 3-2 series. But I don't think they were able to recover from Anaheim stealing away their win.

I disagree with you... it was NOT a good season, a GOOD season is when we win the cup. Like Luc said in 2002, If you lose in double OT in Game 7 of the SCF, it was a bad year. That goes for all of these Detroit teams.

I'm not blaming game 5 on the Wings, but it seems to have been a crushing loss for them. They were 47 seconds away from making it a 3-2 series. But I don't think they were able to recover from Anaheim stealing away their win.

They did to us what we did to the Sharks. Plain and simple.

Guest Crymson

I disagree with you... it was NOT a good season, a GOOD season is when we win the cup. Like Luc said in 2002, If you lose in double OT in Game 7 of the SCF, it was a bad year. That goes for all of these Detroit teams.

They did to us what we did to the Sharks. Plain and simple.

Be grateful for what you got. The fans of 26 other teams didn't get it .

Be grateful for what you got. The fans of 26 other teams didn't get it .

I can't be content with this, if I do then we WILL be like the other 26 teams. That is what make the Red Wings so special and successful year after year.

I was shocked into numbness in 2003. I nearly cried when Zelinas scored that OT goal at Calgary in 2004. I momentarily decided to stop following hockey after the Hemsky double-salvo in 2006...what was the point.

This time, I am looking forward to the season opener with great anticipation.

Something changed. Maybe this is finally Babcock's team. Maybe the presence of greats from the 1990s greatness such as Shanny and Stevie, despite Stevie's outstanding leadership, made the team feel more invincible than they actually were, prevented them from forging a new identity. Maybe it's guys like Cleary stepping up, I don't know...

But this is the hardest-working Red Wings team in a while. This team would not quit. This team would not give up. CAN ANYONE IMAGINE A DAVE LEWIS TEAM HAVING THIS THIRD PERIOD???

Can anyone imagine a Dave Lewis-coached Datsyuk or Zetterberg backchecking like crazy? How many time did an opposition player look down just to see the puck disappear from his stick, just lifted up by Pasha?

There are still problems. Hasek's puck-handling ability is so bad Anaheim WANTED him to play it! Blatant giveaways at our own blueline and other egregious errors in exiting the zone are unacceptable. I don't want perfect exits but if you screw up, it can't lead to a great 2-on-1 scoring chance every time. We need to get bigger, as usual. We need to get Bert his skating legs back. Etc. Etc.

But the things that were lacking in previous years are here: HEART and GRIT! And they can do a lot.

This 3rd period was magnificent, especially given the starting scoreline. Of course, a part of me wants to say why the previous 2 periods weren't like that, but I'm sure it has something to do with the Franzen/Lilja gift-wrapped loss on Sunday...

GO WINGS! 2008 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

I was shocked into numbness in 2003. I nearly cried when Zelinas scored that OT goal at Calgary in 2004. I momentarily decided to stop following hockey after the Hemsky double-salvo in 2006...what was the point.

This time, I am looking forward to the season opener with great anticipation.

Something changed. Maybe this is finally Babcock's team. Maybe the presence of greats from the 1990s greatness such as Shanny and Stevie, despite Stevie's outstanding leadership, made the team feel more invincible than they actually were, prevented them from forging a new identity. Maybe it's guys like Cleary stepping up, I don't know...

But this is the hardest-working Red Wings team in a while. This team would not quit. This team would not give up. CAN ANYONE IMAGINE A DAVE LEWIS TEAM HAVING THIS THIRD PERIOD???

Can anyone imagine a Dave Lewis-coached Datsyuk or Zetterberg backchecking like crazy? How many time did an opposition player look down just to see the puck disappear from his stick, just lifted up by Pasha?

There are still problems. Hasek's puck-handling ability is so bad Anaheim WANTED him to play it! Blatant giveaways at our own blueline and other egregious errors in exiting the zone are unacceptable. I don't want perfect exits but if you screw up, it can't lead to a great 2-on-1 scoring chance every time. We need to get bigger, as usual. We need to get Bert his skating legs back. Etc. Etc.

But the things that were lacking in previous years are here: HEART and GRIT! And they can do a lot.

This 3rd period was magnificent, especially given the starting scoreline. Of course, a part of me wants to say why the previous 2 periods weren't like that, but I'm sure it has something to do with the Franzen/Lilja gift-wrapped loss on Sunday...

GO WINGS! 2008 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with you... this team will be back!

I really enjoyed the heck out of this team this year... thanks for a great season.