• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sleight

Is It Fatigue or Lack of Heart?

Rate this topic

I look at the Ducks team tonight and they look hungry for the win. The Wings look flat and have no jump in their step. I can't tell if it's fatigue from all the travel, bruised bodies from long series with physical teams, or just lack of heart?

Lack of heart? Are you ******* kidding yourself?

I swear, some of you Red Wings fans really need to grow up. I cant believe you could even suggest that. You have small guys like Datsyuk, Filppula, and Draper throwing hits. You have rookie defenseman stepping in with huge shoes to fill. You have a team that has lost its #2 and #3 defenseman, which puts Detroit at 1 offensive defenseman, and 2 of their top forwards are playing with long-term back injuries?

Give me a ******* break. Sometimes heart can only do so much until injuries, travel, and bad breaks take their toll on body and spirit.

I swear, some of you Red Wings fans really need to grow up. I cant believe you could even suggest that. You have small guys like Datsyuk, Filppula, and Draper throwing hits. You have rookie defenseman stepping in with huge shoes to fill. You have a team that has lost its #2 and #3 defenseman, which puts Detroit at 1 offensive defenseman, and 2 of their top forwards are playing with long-term back injuries?

Give me a ******* break. Sometimes heart can only do so much until injuries, travel, and bad breaks take their toll on body and spirit.

I don't see how growing up has anything to do with it, you have no idea how old I am and I'm not going to make a guess at how old you are, but let me say I've probably been watching hockey since most people on this board were in diapers :lol:

Maybe we were watching different games. I understand the injury factor, which is why I mentioned the physical series. But the team I saw in the two periods was getting beat to every puck. Now watching the third period I see a team that wants to win, they are battling every puck and charging the net. Had they come out and played similar to this in the 1st period you are looking at a completely different game.

We can cook up all the excuses we want. They had Heart, they had the skill, they had the grit. Unfortunatley, we got beat. It happens. They exceeded every expectation any of us had. Congrats to the Ducks. But Congrats to Detroit for having a fantastic season. Fought till the end, but luck wasn't on our side tonight. They'll do it next year. Go Wings!!!!!

I think you are way off.

Heart is HUGE, and the Wings played flat. How do you explain the Wings owning the 3rd period and making a comeback like that? Surely that's the most injured/tired they have been all series. These are professional athletes. THey can play injured, and they are no more or less injured than the Ducks.

forget fatigue or lack of heart. Neither of those were our problem. our problem was STUPID ******* TURNOVERS. TURNOVERS decided this series, not fatigue, heart, or any other reason. You can't hand a team as talented as the Ducks the puck so many times in your zone without getting burned. Take away stupid turnovers, and it's a different series. f*** fatigue and heart. TURNOVERS lost us the WCF

The wings outplayed the ducks in game 3,4,5 and the refs determined the win, and thats why I'm pissed. They were the reason we will lose the series.

What are you talking about? the refs didn't win the game for them, it was detroit giving it to them when we can't get a power play goal in those games to have a bigger lead so we wouldn't lose. We had ALOT of power play chances, we had a game where pronger was missing, and what did we do, We lost it not the refs. Don't blame someone else for "OUR" loses. I didn't see a ref play goal for us or pick up a stick to play a little "D" for us.

"lack of Heart" and "who wants it more" are the biggest cliche's in hockey. (and all sports) these two sentences are the biggest crocks of sh*t.

new age crap.

for someone with so much experience watching hockey, you sure are confused.

this isn't lack of heart. tihs is one part bad officiating all series. one part stupidly long travel, one part injuries.

we can piss and moan about THIS game, but this series wasn't decided in this game. the ducks were handed 3 wins alone. you can talk about "fighting through it" but that's just a motivational tool that fans take too seriously. we SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

agreed. third periods were full of missed calls and i went back to my dvds and checked. no doubt about it.

ohhhh look at how badly the announcers get mad about non calls NOW

what about WHEN IT HAPPENED TO US ALL SERIES LONG, f***ERS

:clap: 4 and maybe 5 Too Many Men not called along with numerous obstruction non-calls on our forwards forechecking, a goalie pushed into the net for an illegal goal that even CBC anouncers said wasn't a goal. Ticky tacky calls on plays on the Wings like the Lilja check along the boards as interferrence, it was a complete joke as far as the reffing goes.

I"m truly am not the sort who usually complains about the reffing but I've never, and I mean never seen a PO series reffed so poorly in my life (one sided). It's like there were 2 sets of rules for each team. The Eastern Finals were not reffed like this.

And the biggest problem is that the lack of enforcing obstruction like penalties in this series really cost the Wings as we were the more skilled team. The 'new' rules benefitted the Wings but it was old time clutch and grab hockey out there. I loved watching our players get cross-checked over and over and over again with no call. This was a call in the regualar season. They let it go simply because we had the best in the biz Homer.

It was neither

It was them jumping us from the start and not letting us get into the game. It was them just plain old being the better team for the first 40 minutes. I dont know how many of you still play competitive hockey.. but its not always as easy as it seems from the couch. Sometimes no matter how bad you want it, its unbelievably difficult to get a group of 18 guys into a game that youre getting dominated. We showed our heart and our jump in the 3rd and i wish we had it all game. Their first three goals just came from them jumping on us before we even knew the game had started. But its not always a matter of lack of heart of effort, sometimes you just lose games.

Edited by Stevie Y Forever

this time has the most heart there gonna get without having stevie Y on the ice with them, thats why i kinda wish stevie was on the bench in some form to give them some words of wisom, get there heads right, with the Y on your side everything is alright

We can cook up all the excuses we want. They had Heart, they had the skill, they had the grit. Unfortunatley, we got beat. It happens. They exceeded every expectation any of us had. Congrats to the Ducks. But Congrats to Detroit for having a fantastic season. Fought till the end, but luck wasn't on our side tonight. They'll do it next year. Go Wings!!!!!

Precisely.

and yeppers.

I was over the moon w/ Wings when they went FIRST round-- c'mon, we lose THE Captain OUR Captain, replace him with a SwedeHeart-- and we go playoffs? GO NIK! You are THE Man to fill the large Stevie soul/soles...

It was an unlikely scenario from the git, our playoff run.. I am so proud of these warriors on ice.

They have lost this battle, but mark my words--

Red Wings will Never, EVER be defeated completely. We will ALWAYS rise to contest another Grail.

I can congratulate heartily the Ducks on their win in this series.

Gotta tell ya, I'm a Sens=-by-default fan tho, and I think the ReDux just might be in for it. Sens bring the aggro, and.. waitaminit...

WHAT am I saying?!

Mickey Mouse pwns Stanley..

It's all about das Korporaten Bettmannistche.. Konspiratsia!

*bemused heh*

Edited by RedRockit

"lack of Heart" and "who wants it more" are the biggest cliche's in hockey. (and all sports) these two sentences are the biggest crocks of sh*t.

new age crap.

******* righteous. Enough with this bulls***. They lost and it had nothing to do with effort given. As much as people hate to admit, there is more than just the Wings that can beat the Wings...

Is It Fatigue or Lack of Heart?

Neither.

The team played very well. If there was one thing I would nit pick it would be the coaching. Babcock never gets really upset about anything. Sure he gets a little mad, but never the blowups that a Ruff or some other coaches have. I'd like to see him go apes*** on the officials or something once just show me some fire.

But hey he just took this team six games into the conference final so what the hell do I know......Probably nothing.