• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings_fan_5

What the Wings must do to wing a championship next yr....

Rate this topic

IMO, we should get rid of:

Zetts, Dats, Lids, Homer, Flip, Drapes, Lebda and Schneider.

Also, fire Holland, Yzerman, Babcock, clean them all out

Then, the Illitch's should sell the team to Boise, Idaho, and retire making pizzas.

Then, the Wings would win a Cup.

/sarcasm.

Move to the Eastern Conference.

That would actually help a lot, but really, I think this team was good enough to win this year, we just didn't have luck or fate on our side. What if we change our logo to a four leaf clover? Maybe even a horseshoe?

As long as Lidstrom, Chelios and Hasek (if he comes back) can maintain their quality of play, we'll have a shot next year.

you obviously dont know anything about hockey Wings Fan 5. You dont call it a championship maann its the cup, unless all you wanna win is the western conference.

its not like anyone else who comes close to hasek is even available next year, so might as well. I say healthy bertuzzi would be a major impact next year...

Guest Crymson

Get rid of

Robert Lang

Andres Lilja

Brett Lebda

TRADE Pavel Datsyuk

Sign a Defenseman In Free Agency

What this board must do to win tonight:

Get rid of

You

42 years old, all the hardware in the world, a conn smythe worthy postseason, and still.....no one really understands hasek

my god with almost any other goalie, we'd be out against calgary. with any of our younger guys, we wouldn't have even PLAYED calgary, we woudl've probably played san jose first round because we sure as f*** wouldn't have finished first overall, and we'd be out right there.

hasek needs to come back if he thinks he can do it again. because if he thinks he can, he can.

dom remains THE most misunderstood player, dare i say, in the history of pro sports.

what you talkin about ?? i wasnt saying we need another goalie , hasek is my fav goalie all time , just the 4 goals scored on him really pissed me off cause he was lieing flat on his back on all 4 goals , 1 , 2 goals maybe .....but 4 ??? come on man hasek had to have been better then that , at least try and go for the puck instead of just laying there

with that said .....i do want him back next year

Guest Crymson

what you talkin about ?? i wasnt saying we need another goalie , hasek is my fav goalie all time , just the 4 goals scored on him really pissed me off cause he was lieing flat on his back on all 4 goals , 1 , 2 goals maybe .....but 4 ??? come on man hasek had to have been better then that , at least try and go for the puck instead of just laying there

Hasek had no chance on any of those goals, except perhaps the first. The defense should be available to pick up rebounds, and they didn't do that.

Get rid of

Robert Lang

Andres Lilja

Brett Lebda

TRADE Pavel Datsyuk

Sign a Defenseman In Free Agency

LMFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOo who is this kid?! Are u trying 2 b funny?! Cuz ur not lmao thats the stupidst most f***en retarded thing ive read in a long time liek please tell me r u serious?! Trade Dats?! Hey if we trade him why not trade Zetts and Homer to hey why not juz bring in the whole Grand Rapids team?! you moron he one our best players he showed he can play in the pklayoffs and him and Z and Homer will be a top line all season next year, Keep lilja Keep Lebda but get rid of Lang, bring in a top 6 forward to replcace Lang, and evena goaltender and or defenceman

Are you pissed off that the Wings were missing two defensemen, and the ones we had on the ice were not there to do what they were supposed to? You should be. It's really too bad people are choosing to put the goathorns on Hasek after what he's done this season and in the playoffs. We made it past the first round for the first time since 2002 with Hasek back in the nets. If he's your favorite goalie of all time, then you should know how he plays his game and not be second-guessing him. If they had managed to win, you'd have nothing to say about how he wasn't good enough.

I do realize that no matter how good a player is, particularly a Detroit goalie, it's never good enough. I hope he comes back next year, but I sure wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

Goners, no ifs, ands or buts - you need to go!:

Bertuzzi

Lang

Calder

Sammy [new contract or not, i'm throwing your ass in this group too]

I'm not even gonna comment on the 'blame Hasek' idiots in here. What a f*n joke.

Lets get rid of Osgood & Kronwall...neither one of then did sh*t in the playoffs :idea: . Resign Lang, Bert & Ernie. Trade Lidstrom he is soft and no team has ever or will ever win the cup with a Defenseman from Sweeden as the captain. Fire Babs and bring in Don Cherry as the coach...we need a new goalie too. :withstupid: We need a big body too...who can we get...maybe UWE KRUPP & Kocur to add some toughness!

Just kidding. The wings had a great season, and over acheived. Let's see what they do in the off season. They have adjusted well to life in the new NHL.

We could have won this year, so I don't see what you could do to *ensure* a win. Hire a hitman to take out other teams players? Learn voodoo? What? I dunno. There are no guarantees in life.

Best chance at winning next year....do what you did this year.

Smart-ass answer: The need to win 6 more games than they did this playoff season.

Otherwise, I am not sure that they need to change all that much. I am worried about our goaltending. Even if Hasek comes back for another year we need someone for the future.

An intimitading defenseman would be good -- someone like Fischer used to be. Anyway, they had a great run and I don't think they are too far from where they need to be for a championship.