• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Hang your Heads High Boys!

Rate this topic

One bounce our way in that final 3 minutes and this game is going to OT.

Great finish and great season!

Props to the Ducks. Now go Sens!

That could have been legendary. Thanks Datsyuk for showing us you are the truly amazing and for a moment you made the world stand still as you gave us all hope. That's more then enough to make me happy. He have nothing to be ashamed of, Red Wing fans we have one hell of a team.

Here's to next year!

I almost wish we would have lost 4-1. To see that we can manhandle the Ducks and it only took us 20 minutes to do so shows we had it all along.

Trust me, if we had Schneider, Kronwall back and if Calder, Bertuzzi and Lebda were 100% (even if Kunitz and Neidermayer were 100%) this series is over in 5.

I love our chances next year. We showed a crap load of heart over the past month and we've proven that we won't lie down to any team. We were the more physical and hardworking team throughout the Western Conference.

We jetison Lang and add in a couple of guys and we'll be right back there next season.

P.S. Dats and Zetts scored all our goals tonight. Nobody can poo-poo on them. If Lang steps up at all we win this game.

:clap: one hell of a season.

Just pisses me off that they decided to show up at the very end...if they played like that all game we'd be talking about game 7 right now. :(

Lets give credit where it's due. The Ducks played their A+ game in the first 2 periods and it gave the Wings fits. I think the Ducks relaxed and play 'protect' hockey too much in the 3rd and it allowed us to storm back.

However, if the Wings PP could have looked as organized in the 2nd period who knows what would have happened?

yeah, my brother said he would have rather been shut out, but i have to say, i feel much better about actually giving an effort than i do getting blown away, even if it was for only 20 mins. great season wings, we will get them next year.

We outshined expectations tenfold. We had a terrific season and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We were missing 2 top 4 D-men and still managed to get to game 6 of the conference finals. we just need to grab a guy or 2 who can sit in the slot like shanny or hull did on the PP and we will be right back here next season to take the next step. Well done fellas!

Trust me, if we had Schneider, Kronwall back and if Calder, Bertuzzi and Lebda were 100% (even if Kunitz and Neidermayer were 100%) this series is over in 5.

I love our chances next year. We showed a crap load of heart over the past month and we've proven that we won't lie down to any team. We were the more physical and hardworking team throughout the Western Conference.

We jetison Lang and add in a couple of guys and we'll be right back there next season.

P.S. Dats and Zetts scored all our goals tonight. Nobody can poo-poo on them. If Lang steps up at all we win this game.

I agree 100%.... what a core group of guys we have here in Hockey Town. This team will be good for a long time..... You gotta feel pretty good when you are down 2 top 4 d men and still outplay the Ducks most of the series.. a couple bounces, and a couple of calls.. and this series could have turned out very different.

well done Wings. You were an awesome team with tons of heart. I can only hope the sharks emulate what you have done. Props

Thanks. The loss has not hit me yet. Tomorrow iI will probally wake up and cry like a *****.

Great effort towards the end there from the Wings. It's been said in this topic already, but there was a lot of heart shown and a lot of promise next year.

I'm real proud to be a Redwings fan now. Sometimes the bounces just don't go your way but the Wings just kept going at it. We have a great young core and if we stay healthy should be able to give a strong run next year.

Believe.

I kind of wish that game was at home, every wing deserves a 15 minute long standing ovation for this season. They exceeded my expectations and went out against a team that had things gone slightly different we'd could have ended things before even Ottawa. I'm sure Duck fans have to feel kind of lucky getting by us in 6 like that. We all know how that series would have ended had it gone to 7.

The last period we put forth a great effort, and had so many great chances in the dying minutes I was literally shaking in nervousness for our tying goal, which never came. I am really looking forward to see what this team has in store for us in the next few years especially guys like Filppula, Hudler, Kopecky, Quincey, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. I think we MIGHT have a dynasty on our hands for years to come with these guys. Can't wait until October :siren:

Edited by Redwings-40-5

This game didn't end the way I wanted, but the Wings have always been my team and they always be my team! Thank you for a tremendous season. I will wear my Wings gear tomorrow and hold my head high!!!

I am ready to start the countdown for the puck drop on the 2007-2008 season.

I LOVE MY WINGS!!!

the end of the game really made me proud of the wings. unlike the end of last years playoffs, i'm just really proud--not angry. i cried for a bit after the final buzzer-----but thats inevitable.

datsyuk- i love you man. i will never regret the day i bought 13's jersey three years ago :)

nick- your a good captian :) maybe even second best ever :P

next year we're coming for you. and i'll be watching every game NOT IN OHIO but at michigan stateee university...theres's some hope :thumbup:

:crybaby: Sad day for the wings fans. I was not happy with game 4 , 5 and the first two periods of this game. 20 Min's to late Wings. Better luck on the years to come. :crybaby: :flush:

While it was a bit disappointing that it took them 40 minutes to get going, I got no regrets or complaints about this season overall. If you thought they'd make it this deep at the beginning of the season, you are kidding yourself.

Extremely far from being sad or angry or bitter, and am extremely proud of this year's version of the Wings. :beerbuddy: