• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Dear Wings, you had shown the great efforts on this playoff run. Some bad luck though. I'll see you next season. Always in faith of you! Nice summer!

Bye all! Don't be too harsh on them. Although the team adjustment has to be made!

While I am super disappointed, I feel a lot better now than I did when the Wings were losing 4-1 for some reason. I am just glad to see them make it a game (even though they were way late).... Look forward to see what will happen in July during free agency. That said, go sens!

Too bad our boy wont get his name on the cup :(

Im really sad

You guys, thanks to everyone who rooted for Lang tonight. It meant a lot to me. I'm really sad that he might be gone....

To those who care and still support the Wings, I love you guys, you are my internet family...and I'm glad that we got to go through all this crazy season together, though I wish it ended better.

If this board gets too emo, I might have to go away for a couple of days till the bandwagoners fall down, but I'll still be here all summer, anticipating next season (already :D)

LOVE THE WINGS...all of them...GO WINGS!

Nice comeback effort. I just wish they would have played like that from the begining. This was an awesome season. I never thought they were going to make it this far. I just hope when we see them next year Lang and Lilja aren't around. More Lilja than Lang though. All Lilja had to do in game 5 was keep his head, and get rid of the puck. Franzen I can forgive because he is such a badass, but Lilja seems to make boneheaded plays...often. Lang just seems lazy.

Datsyuk and Zetterburg were awesome this past post season. I thought forsure Datsyuk was going to have a hattrick tonight! Nice comeback effort, and thanks for the great season.

I'm balling my eyes out. It freaking hurts. It hurts bad.

It always hurts much more when you make it so far only to be eliminated with two games away from being in the finals.

I love the Wings more than anything, and I want to thank them for a fantastic season. This team has amazed me, and has proven everyone that ever doubted them wrong.

I really think this was Lang's last game, and I don't care what anyone says..that is freaking paining me as well. Don't leave us, Bobby. I hope Calds and Bert stay too. We all know Calder is a heck of a player, and that he was hurt. Same goes for Bert.

See you guys in October. :(

:( Don't cry . They'll be back bigger and stronger next season. :)

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!! :clap: Stanley Cup Winners 2008?!?!?!?! :sly:

I'm going for the Sens in the Final, though. I wouldn't care either way, except for one simple thing: Pronger. I don't want that prick to ever see his name on the Cup.

LOL. That's my whole reasoning for wanting the Sens to win too. Plus, I never liked Neidermyer either, even if he is good.

im also going have to shave tommorow and i was really beginning to like my playoff beard its just so damn heart breaking of a lose.

and it is way way way to long to october

Guest detroitbornandraised

way to go in the third, its about time you decided to look like a hockey team in that game. maybe next year you wont f*** up another #1 position. it would be less dissapointing if you were ranked 3 or 4, then, dealing with another nasty elimination wouldnt be so bad. we should be winning this s***. next year....

f*** PRONGER!!!!

Allright, first off I gotta say, congrats to the Ducks on this game. This is the one game they deserved to win, and they brought it tonight, we didn't. I feel terrible for Dom, Wings completely left him out to dry tonight. Had it not been for a crazy lucky bounce in Game 5, we'd be celebrating right now.

Thanks Wings for a great season, I must admit in my heart of hearts, I didn't think they would last this long. Congratulations for making the WCF, the only thing you can do is build on that for the future.

I liked this year's team, I don't think it needs that much tweaking. I wouldn't shed any tears if Calder and Lang left, although I wouldn't object to bringing Bobby back. If not, I had a dream a few days back that the Wings brought in Chris Drury (too expensive?). Is Giguere a free agent? lol. But I'm all for bringing Dom back, say what you want about that. He was great all year long and I would support his re-signing.

Once again, thanks Wings for a great season. As much as this team can frustrate me at times, I still live and die with the Wings, and will always love them.

Let's Go Red Wings!

great, another half ass performance in a must win game....i wouldn't mind if we lost to the sharks, or flames, but the ******* ducks, come on....we definitaly need to upgrade our goaltending....dom was good, but he was no jiggy....i'm sure as f*** not going to watch a duck-sens playoffs, what a waist of hockey...

Giggy won't work for $750,000. You're an ungrateful wretch for saying Hasek isn't as good as Giguere. And the word is waste. We won't miss you, bye!!

Ottawa will sweep them.

I doubt that,but I do hope the Sens win! Before the start of the Ducks Wings finals,I thought the winner would win the cup,I still believe that!

I don't want the Ducks to win the cup,but I think they will.

Edited by cupcrazy

Too bad our boy wont get his name on the cup :(

Im really sad

I know. I feel horrible about that. He played so well during these playoffs and throughout the year. He deserved it. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Well, there's always next year (and of course, they better give him a nice long extension).

:(

After the Wings won the Sharks series I really thought the Wings could take the Cup.

Yes I was pessimistic after game 5, but going into tonight I still thought the Wings would win tonight and this series.

Too bad I was right after game 5, instead of being right tonight.

I really hope the Sens win the Cup.

well I'm going to shave now...........

x5

And thank God for that at least. I don't know if any of you noticed Flip's "beard" when they showed a close up of him on the bench last game, but that's what mine looks like, only a little thicker. Light colored hair does not work well on the face.

how can you people still want hasek back next year, when our defense plays poorly, you supposed to have faith in the goalie to keep you in the game, hasek is too predictable and too old...time to move on...

Great comeback effort, too bad we let in that 4th goal. If you would have told me before the 3rd that we would score three goals in that period there's no way I would have believed you. We went down fighting, and that made this loss a lot easier to digest. I was much more bitter after we lost to Edmonton last year than I am now.

Great season, great playoff run. Let's do it again next year (minus the losing part <_< )

great spirit shown by the wings in the 3rd there and they nearly forced OT.

i am so proud of the team - they played great this season and had 3 tough series in a row. i am biased but i thought the wings were the better team for most of this series. it could have been so different if:

- the ducks hadn't scored that flukey GTG in game 2.

- the wings had scored on that long 5 on 3 in the 3rd period of game 4.

- neidermayer's shot didn't hit lidstrom's stick in game 5.

but what ifs are pretty pointless now. congratulations to the ducks - they are a great team and i think they will win it all.