• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

It was a hell of a comeback effort. I'm proud of how this team played. They were comeback kids all playoffs. For those down on the team for losing: Don't be. The Ducks were favorites in this series. Hell, they've been favorites since the beginning of the season. The Wings played a great series. Things turn on little bounces. That goal doesn't happen with 47 seconds left in game 5, this is a whole different series. Just like the Lang goal in the Sharks series. That's playoff hockey. Always has been, always will be.

I'll be looking forward to a great Stanley Cup Finals between two great teams. Ducks and Senators will be excellent.

It is so frustrating seeing our team dominate that 3rd period and it makes you wonder why the hell we didn't play with that much heart and determination from the beginning of the game and even in the 2nd. But oh well, that was fun while it lasted. 45 seconds remaining in Game 6 was the series changer :(

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

props to the team guys they played well hasek let in 4 goals that is two too many for a elite goalie

well not the way i wanted the season to end but i would of rather it ended here than a close game 7.

I mean we had a very good playoff run we were wrote off in the first round by many sport writers.

Ill say it again like i said in the past Giggy is the only reason the ducks won this series and the only reason the ducks even made it to the WCF.

I am proud of the way the Wings battled it out until the end. What a great team. Normally I would be really pissed at an elimination like that, but the way the went down fighting was just the way this team has been. Good run this postseason.

Fun ride this year. Not too upset with the end result. If this is our 'rebuilding year', we are in great shape. No shame in the Wings season. Lost to a very solid team in a game which ended up being exciting, thanks to the Wings for giving us something to cheer about in the third. All in all, i'm sad the run is over 'cause its been so much fun having all the activity on the boards, but we have alot to look forward to next year.

So, being from Edmonton cheering for Pronger is not an option. I'd like to see the Sens win it all.

While I am super disappointed, I feel a lot better now than I did when the Wings were losing 4-1 for some reason. I am just glad to see them make it a game (even though they were way late).... Look forward to see what will happen in July during free agency. That said, go sens!

You know, Im not as devastated as I thought Id be. You simply cant get down on guys that played so well and were the better team for the majority of the playoffs against their opponents. Who knows, having Mathieu Schneider on the point couldve added a few PP goals to the series and been the difference breaker, but thems the breaks.

They did a great job guys.

Fun ride this year. Not too upset with the end result. If this is our 'rebuilding year', we are in great shape. No shame in the Wings season. Lost to a very solid team in a game which ended up being exciting, thanks to the Wings for giving us something to cheer about in the third. All in all, i'm sad the run is over 'cause its been so much fun having all the activity on the boards, but we have alot to look forward to next year.

So, being from Edmonton cheering for Pronger is not an option. I'd like to see the Sens win it all.

That always cracked me up when people said it was a rebuilding year. The Wings took first in the west, where are they suppose to rebuild from (except the cup)? Great season, just came up a little short :crazy:

Thanks for a great season, guys. It was a hell of a ride and far better than I hoped it would be. As Kup said in the original Transformers: The Movie, "Not the end I'd hoped for, lad," but it was fun as hell.

I'm going for the Sens in the Final, though. I wouldn't care either way, except for one simple thing: Pronger. I don't want that prick to ever see his name on the Cup.

And Versus continues to suck; they just aired an ad for Game 7. <_<

I'm balling my eyes out. It freaking hurts. It hurts bad.

It always hurts much more when you make it so far only to be eliminated with two games away from being in the finals.

I love the Wings more than anything, and I want to thank them for a fantastic season. This team has amazed me, and has proven everyone that ever doubted them wrong.

I really think this was Lang's last game, and I don't care what anyone says..that is freaking paining me as well. Don't leave us, Bobby. :( I hope Calds and Bert stay too. We all know Calder is a heck of a player, and that he was hurt. Same goes for Bert.

See you guys in October. :(

great, another half ass performance in a must win game....i wouldn't mind if we lost to the sharks, or flames, but the ******* ducks, come on....we definitaly need to upgrade our goaltending....dom was good, but he was no jiggy....i'm sure as f*** not going to watch a duck-sens playoffs, what a waist of hockey...

You know, Im not as devastated as I thought Id be. You simply cant get down on guys that played so well and were the better team for the majority of the playoffs against their opponents. Who knows, having Mathieu Schneider on the point couldve added a few PP goals to the series and been the difference breaker, but thems the breaks.

They did a great job guys.

Well said!!!