• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Of course Babcock would not have enough balls to pull Hasek for a 2 man adv

Yeah if there's one thing, I'd have seen him do differently was to have a 6 on 4 after he called the timeout. We didn't have anything to lose by being aggressive

Of course it's always disappointing when your team is out. It doesn't hurt much this year. At least not to me anyhow. This team wasn't expected to do much. Heck we were counted out against Calgary to some degree, and then completely counted out against San Jose. On top of that, we were told we probably wouldn't even win our division and yet we did.

I'm balling my eyes out. It freaking hurts. It hurts bad.

It always hurts much more when you make it so far only to be eliminated with two games away from being in the finals.

I love the Wings more than anything, and I want to thank them for a fantastic season. This team has amazed me, and has proven everyone that ever doubted them wrong.

I really think this was Lang's last game, and I don't care what anyone says..that is freaking paining me as well. Don't leave us, Bobby. :( I hope Calds and Bert stay too. We all know Calder is a heck of a player, and that he was hurt. Same goes for Bert.

See you guys in October. :(

I'm crying my eyes out, too. Have been since goal 4, basically. I hate being such a sap. Everyone was yelling at me telling me that they deserved to lose so I shouldn't be sad, but that just made me feel worse.

1) I'm just sad we lost

2) I want our guys back, too

I love this team, I don't want to see it dismantled...I can't take that heartbreak right now :(

I'm balling my eyes out. It freaking hurts. It hurts bad.

It always hurts much more when you make it so far only to be eliminated with two games away from being in the finals.

I love the Wings more than anything, and I want to thank them for a fantastic season. This team has amazed me, and has proven everyone that ever doubted them wrong.

I really think this was Lang's last game, and I don't care what anyone says..that is freaking paining me as well. Don't leave us, Bobby. :( I hope Calds and Bert stay too. We all know Calder is a heck of a player, and that he was hurt. Same goes for Bert.

See you guys in October. :(

Aw, dont be so upset! Its not all bad. The Wings went down fighting and no one can take that away from them. They played a good series, and any hockey fan with brains knows the series could have gone either way. Dont leave us till October - there is plenty to talk about still and we can hopefully follow the Sens to a cup win over those stinkin' Ducks.

As for Bertuzzi, i think the Wings will actually make a pitch to keep him - i dont think he really wants to move around much anymore either, so i think there is a chance. Calder played great when healthy and the Wings management knows that. As for Lang, i think you may be right - its time for him and the Wings to move on.

Think about next year though. Filpulla looked GREAT and I was SO impressed with Quincey after the injury to Schneider. He's gonna be in the reg. lineup next year and he will be a top 4 D man for us soon.

For me there are more positives coming out of this season from the many previous years. We have a good team here, and with a couple tweeks to the roster we will find ourselves back in the finals. Look at the injuries the Wings played through. This team is great - sucks to lose but we made it farther then 27 other teams, no shame in that. The Wings WILL win another cup in the next 5 years, we have too much talent, YOUNG talent to be denied that.

how can you people still want hasek back next year, when our defense plays poorly, you supposed to have faith in the goalie to keep you in the game, hasek is too predictable and too old...time to move on...

thankfully, you have no say in the matter. Dom will be back if he wants to play, and the Wings will be thrilled to have him. He's a huge part of the reason they got this far, and certainly NOT the reason they are done. :rolleyes:

how can you people still want hasek back next year, when our defense plays poorly, you supposed to have faith in the goalie to keep you in the game, hasek is too predictable and too old...time to move on...

If there is one thing Hasek is not, it is predictable.

Since our Stanley Cup in 1998, we have only gotten past the second round twice. Any guesses for who was in net for both these playoff runs?

And I'd like to know if you had any better ideas for who our starting goalie for next season should be?

I think it's in very poor taste that Chelios didn't shake hands

He shook the hands of all the coaching staff. I think Chelios lost respect for some of the Ducks players during the series and was upset - cant blame him for that. I dont think its that big of a deal.

Giggy won't work for $750,000. You're an ungrateful wretch for saying Hasek isn't as good as Giguere. And the word is waste. We won't miss you, bye!!

so you're saying that hasek is as good as jiggy, what ******* series were you watching, goaltending won this series which means that jiggy was better.....oh, and i'm sorry for misspelling a word, i'm sure everyone on this board cares about it so much.......and for being an "ungreatful wretch", i'll remember that next time you rip into a player for poor performance...so please try to respond to the comment without attacking the person that wrote it....******* kids...

I'm crying my eyes out, too. Have been since goal 4, basically. I hate being such a sap. Everyone was yelling at me telling me that they deserved to lose so I shouldn't be sad, but that just made me feel worse.

1) I'm just sad we lost

2) I want our guys back, too

I love this team, I don't want to see it dismantled...I can't take that heartbreak right now :(

:( Don't cry :( , we'll be back.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

LETS GO LANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

great, another half ass performance in a must win game....i wouldn't mind if we lost to the sharks, or flames, but the ******* ducks, come on....we definitaly need to upgrade our goaltending....dom was good, but he was no jiggy....i'm sure as f*** not going to watch a duck-sens playoffs, what a waist of hockey...

That's a good thing. Giguere sucks, he can't even control rebounds on wristers from the blueline.

He shook the hands of all the coaching staff. I think Chelios lost respect for some of the Ducks players during the series and was upset - cant blame him for that. I dont think its that big of a deal.

hes been around long enough, I trust whatever he does. He knows what he is doing.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

Im serious i want the ducks to beat THE SENS THE WEST WILL WIN THE CUP!!!!

Edited by REDWINGS4LYFE

x5

And thank God for that at least. I don't know if any of you noticed Flip's "beard" when they showed a close up of him on the bench last game, but that's what mine looks like, only a little thicker. Light colored hair does not work well on the face.

Strangely, mine did. I'm blond, but my facial hair takes on reddish tones, it's weird. I don't remember it coming in that full back in 2002. Guess that's the difference between age 22 and age 27. :P

I actually kind of miss the beard now. As the playoffs went on, it felt natural. If the Wings had gone on to win the Cup, I was gonna keep it all summer.

If there is one thing Hasek is not, it is predictable.

Since our Stanley Cup in 1998, we have only gotten past the second round twice. Any guesses for who was in net for both these playoff runs?

And I'd like to know if you had any better ideas for who our starting goalie for next season should be?

i don't know, but i'm sorry, 43 yr old hasek is not it...

There is only one brightside and it's that I was trying to figure out how I was going to see Pirates on Thursday when there wa a game 7 right in the middle of the opening.

I'd still rather have THAT problem then trying to figure out what to do with the next few months...

so you're saying that hasek is as good as jiggy, what ******* series were you watching, goaltending won this series which means that jiggy was better.....oh, and i'm sorry for misspelling a word, i'm sure everyone on this board cares about it so much.......and for being an "ungreatful wretch", i'll remember that next time you rip into a player for poor performance...so please try to respond to the comment without attacking the person that wrote it....******* kids...

Dom's played Ok most of the Playoff run . For his salary compared to performance's this season Hasek's been awsome. The Wings will find it difficult to replace him.