• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Round of Applause + Congratulations

Rate this topic

Great season and playoff run,can't wait until October! This was the beginning of great things I believe! We have a bright future as Red Wing fans! Iam not making excuses,but if we had a healthy Schneider,and Kronwall I believe we'd be going to the finals,either way been a hell of a run!

Edited by cupcrazy

It was a fantastic ride and a great series. Unfortuately, we didn't walk away with the series win. I would be VERY nervous with the Wings chances against Ottawa especially considering our down defencemen.

I hope we get Ryan Smyth. Will we still be to old, to slow, blah, blah, blah.

Better luck, skill and hard work next year!

GO WINGS!!!!

I am so proud of what we were able to accomplish this year. We beat Calgary and made it to the WCF. Also, Datsyuk produced in the playoffs and all of our young players got some excellent post season experience.

There's soooo many positives and things to build on from the 2006-07 season. I really don't have anything negative to say.

Awesome finish, we went down fighting. Looking back at all the question marks we had at the beginning of the year, and now looking at how this season went, it's been great. I'm much less bitter about this loss than I have been in a few years.

Here's to a great 07/08 season.

Let me be the first to admit: I didn't think the Wings had it in them to get past Calgary, let alone San Jose, when the playoffs began. Thanks for proving me completely wrong, Detroit. Thanks for showing me that this team that was supposed to be too old, too slow and too soft actually had more guts and determination than any Wings team in years. There is no shame in this defeat -- instead, there's hope for next year that with some key additions, we'll be back to hoisting the Cup again in no time. In the meantime, GO SENS!

Great year, great season! Lots of positives came out of this year. A few little tweaks next year and we are running for the cup again next year... Good show from all but let's give an extra loud and proud hand for our players who are too old to play anymore.... Standing Ovation from me to Chelios, Hasek and Lidstrom! :clap: Bring 'em all back for another year!

"Dont change a winning line-up"

With Schnieder , We wouldve won. But alas , Marleau that bastard took him out.

Anyways , no complaining , good year wings.

Bring back Bert and Calder healthy next year , and were coming for Stanley again.

Thank you Red Wings for a fantastic regular season and playoffs. You guys have wowed us all and it has been one hell of a ride. I can't wait to see you guys in October to start a new season and this time go to the SCF. I will always love and believe in you guys through it all.

Bobby, please don't leave. :( Same goes for Kyle and Todd. :(

Great season .. i'm damn proud. Datsyuk has elevated his play to another level. He and Zetterberg will carry this team for years to come. All the critics, and many of us fans thought the Wings would be a 7th or 8th seed, and bow out early in the playoffs.. Well we finnished 1st in the West, and made it to the Conferense final... thank you wings.. see you in the fall..

Regardless of losing...I'm VERY proud of our boys getting out of the first and second round. It was awesome to see all of our lines stepping up and not just the dats/hank/homer line. And hands down...huuuuugge props to Cleary. He's been wonderful. I can't wait til next season! Go Wings!

Just before I prepare to haul it in for the offseason, I'd like to extend my thanks to the entire Detroit Red Wings organization for a great season.

In the end, the team didn't accomplish the ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup, but they sure as hell proved a lot of their critics wrong this season. Maybe if the puck bounced their way, we'd be seeing game 1 at the Joe on Monday, but it didn't and that is hockey.

In my mind, no one should take away what the Ducks did this series. They may not have played their best hockey against the Wings, but they did win the series, and played when it counted most, i.e. Game 6. I wish them best of luck against the Senators.

Once again, thank you, Wings... you made it fun to watch hockey past round 1's and 2's this year, and I truly appreciate it... even if the bandwagoners don't.

I of course will be back next season, and every other season, good or bad, because this team is too great to stop cheering for.

Thank you LGW.com, Detroit Red Wings, and all the true fans who stuck by this team from start to finish. It was fun, go get em in 08.

Thanks.

Wings and LGW'ers....

We've had A fabulous run this year. You've brought me trmendous highs, unbelevable lows, from stevie and shanny leaving to bert and calder showing up. Yes, this is oklahoma, and my ice time is now over (yup, i've been skating in my mind) but there's always, always next season. With the likes of grigorenko, flip, and our younger kids coming up, and the vets hardened by our roughest playoff run in recent history, boy is next year gonna be a ball!!!

To the Flames, Sharks, and Ducks... Thanks for the opportunity to prove what LGW has been argueing about for months!!! We 're too old. too young. too soft. Dom's groin? Bert's washed up. who's calder? that's all clear as mud now, and everybody knows the comments won't ever stop!

To all y'all next year, babs will pull out some magic for a new body or two, and the wings will be back (on bert's back) and our favorite whipping boy(langer) will show up for regular season games. :P

ducks v. senators. who'd a thunk it?

see ya in a day or two, I'm going to go rage now.