• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Round of Applause + Congratulations

Rate this topic

I'M SO GLAD THERE'S A THREAD LIKE THIS

Thank you Crymson for starting it.

And a BIG thank you to the Wings for this great season. There were people who thought we wouldn't make the playoffs at all this year, and boy we proved them wrong. We not only made the playoffs, but we finished tied for first in points in the NHL, top seed in the West. AND, we made it all the way to the WCFs. That, my friends, is a great accomplishment we should ALL be proud of.

See you in October boys! :clap:

Definite congratulations are in order.

I know we're all disappointed, but at the start of the season, I think we all would've been surprised if someone said the Wings would once again compete for the President's Trophy, and more importantly, beat two very physical teams (and a very talented one in San Jose) to get to the Conference Finals, where they would take yet another talented physical team to 6 games.

Even with the last minute pickup of Bert, the reality is the Wings are still undersized compared to teams like the Sharks and Ducks, but they showed a lot of heart and dare I say, a lot of grit in these series.

Dats got the monkey off his back, and guys like Cleary, Franzen and Flip were nice surprises.

This is definitely a new Red Wings team, and we've got a lot to look forward to.

Yeah, I'm more than happy with getting to the 3rd round. It would obviously be AWESOME to make it to the finals, but I'm not that mad. I really didnt have faith that we would get past SJ or Calgary, but I was wrong. Awesome playoffs... We deserved a few more wins than we got and could have beat Anaheim, but oh well.

Thanks for an awesome season guys. I don't think we as fans really have to much to complain about this year. Sure, we didn't win the Stanley cup, but man...did we ever see an awesome effort. The regular season saw a bunch of guys step up (Cleary & Franzen--my personal favs). We saw Datsyuk and Hank perform in the post season like never before. I am very pleased about this past season. It's easy to get caught up in the moment (especially the bad ones in the playoffs), but your not going to win the prize every year. Good job this past year guys, and I hope you guys have a great summer.

Draper for Captin!

Here's to the Wings :clap:

This is off topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for it.

With the Wings current ticket prices, the salary cap and the Wings making it to the Conference finals, can you imagine what a boatload of money Illitch just made??

I hope he's getting everyone on the team some nice presents. And throws the fan a bone by lowering ticket prices next season, especially the playoffs (though I doubt it will happen).

I had a great one written but lost it. So here goes again.

Andreas...first time I saw you was when you were on the bench at the scrimmage game last year at the first day of camp. You looked over and mugged for my camera and made me laugh. I've liked you ever since. You had your nights when everything went to hell, but who didn't? It was great to see you step up in the playoffs and really be a demon. You deserve to stay.

Captain Nick...you proved there is life after Stevie Y, and you wear his C well.

Valtteri, you impressed me from camp on. I think you are going to be a star. You play far beyond your years.

Matt, Josh, Jimmy, Darryl, Kyle, Derek and Jonathan...thanks for fillng in when we needed help. Good thing it's just a two-hour drive between Grand Rapids and Detroit. :)

Dan, Kirk, Robert, Brett, Mathieu, Cheli, Tomas, Ozzie, Kris, Mikael, Henrik, Nik, Danny...where would we be without all of you?

Dom...I will gladly eat humble pie. I was very sceptical about you coming back, but you not only erased all my doubts, you obliterated them. My hat's off to you, and if you'd pass the ice cream so I could make it humble pie a la mode...

Johan, you also play beyond your years. You impressed me at camp in '05 and you still do.

Homer, what can I say except I think the world of you? You're like a Timex watch...you take a licking and keep on ticking.

Kyle and Bert...thanks for coming in and giving it your best...I know it wasn't easy for you, but you did contribute. Let's hope the off season brings you health.

Last but not least...Pasha...what can I say that I haven't said all year long? I'm so damned proud of you, I don't know the words. You took that 'playoff no-show' moniker and just destroyed it completely. Your all around game has improved by leaps and bounds. You never cease to amaze me with new tricks every night. You made it fun to watch you every night, and seeing you play in person is something I will not forget. But the best moment was finally meeting you face to face. You are a gentleman in every sense of the word...polite, kind, generous, caring...and the gentlest soul I've ever known. Thank you, Pasha, just for being you... :wub:

It was a hell of a ride, fellas...I loved every minute of it. I can't wait til mid- September. I'll be at Traverse, armed with my trusty camera. And the DVR will be ready to once again record every game. I love you guys.

Thank you Wings, it was by all standards and expectations a great season. Actually I don't even feel bad anymore, although I was obviously disappointed and heartbroken when the final horn sounded. I think we're gonna be even tougher next season, I really smell a Cup 2008 in the works. ;)

Also thanks to all of you here on the boards that never lost faith and supported our boys till the very end. Sincerely to you and all of our beloved Red Wings: I LOVE YOU ALL.

Stick around everybody, let the off-season speculation begin! :D

What a ride! Thanks, Wings :thumbup:

Amen.

I could go on forever about how proud I am as a fan of what this team did this year. Speculation and expert analysis be damned, you guys turned Detroit's "transition year" into a classic performance we knew you were capable of.

You can't win em' all, now go enjoy the summer with your families, you deserve it!

Guest ZDH

Amen.

I could go on forever about how proud I am as a fan of what this team did this year. Speculation and expert analysis be damned, you guys turned Detroit's "transition year" into a classic performance we knew you were capable of.

You can't win em' all, now go enjoy the summer with your families, you deserve it!

I concur with your thoughts. Honestly, I expected the Wings to not make it past San Jose. It really surprised me how this team beat the Sharks with no Kronwall and then no Schneider. This team showed me something I have not seen since the '02 Cup winning season. HEART, CHARACTER and TEAMWORK.

I loved watching Zetterberg and Datsyuk compete hard each game even if they were not in on the scoring. How good was Cleary? Lidstrom is still the best. Hasek dominated. Holmstrom was his gutsy self. Filppula showed he is ready to emerge as a force soon. Markov and Lilja and Chelios all stepped up admirably. Young Quincey showed promise. Lebda showed heart in playing hurt.

I am very proud of this team. I think the Wings will win the Cup next season. I also believe the Tigers will win the World Series this year and the Pistons will win the NBA title. I also believe the Lions will...uh be the Lions.

Way to go Wings. You made us all proud!