• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

While I appreciate everything Lang has done for the Wings (especially his clutch playoff goals), I think its time to move on for Lang. Before, I was all about keeping him if he decided to take a paycut, but now, I just don't see him fitting into Babs' system.

Thank you Lang for everything, and best of luck to you.

Lang those 2 big goals u got us 1 against calgary and 1 against SJ thanks! But otherwise he's lazy and we dcant have lazyasses on our team get him out and bring in some more speed, also I think we can do better than Samuelsson 2 b hoenst with u, but Lang MUST Go! Lets Go Red Wings Lets Go!!! Next year boys!

it sucks he only showed up for the last game.

(and by "showed up" i mean he was noticed and not for his penalities, turnovers and/or lack of EVERYTHING)

but still, too late.

gl man.

(hmm...im wondering if his numbers will be going down for NHL 08)

:clap: Here's to Robbie Rotten.

I, for one, hope he will be back next season! Hockeytown lazytown wouldn't be the same without Robbie!

Edited by OsGOD

I hope he stays for an adjusted lower salary under the cap. He had a less than perfect season, but that doesn't mean he can't bounce back.

I'd say based on Babcock's virtually unwaivering faith in him and Sammy that they are lifers and Calder and Hudles are doomed. But I'm optimistic and hope that we can keep them all.

Also, I am not afraid to say that I don't want Thornton, St. Louis, and most of all not Crosby. Why? so they can just be our next BIG disappointment? No thank you. Our team is good enough the way it is.

Good Riddance, slug!

LOL!

BTW, Offsides, could you adjust your avatar so that it ONLY reads "Go Lang!".

I also find it hilarioualsy ironic that your tagname is Offsides and you're a Lang supporter, considering how many times this guy drew his linemates offsides with unecessary stickhandling before entering the zone.

Edited by Hank

(hmm...im wondering if his numbers will be going down for NHL 08)

hahaha

Also, I am not afraid to say that I don't want Thornton, St. Louis, and most of all not Crosby. Why? so they can just be our next BIG disappointment? No thank you. Our team is good enough the way it is.

We'd never pick up any of them. The money on the cap totally isn't there.

One day when Lidstrom retires (HOPEFULLY not for another three years), then we might pick up a guy who's around that caliber. But definitely not this post-season, not with some contract signings (like Z) coming up.

LOL!

BTW, Offsides, could you adjust your avatar so that it ONLY reads "Go Lang!".

I also find it hilarioualsy ironic that your tagname is Offsides and you're a Lang supporter, considering how many times this guy drew his linemates offsides with unecessary stickhandling before entering the zone.

No. I will change my avatar when my POTC one is done, and I don't feel 1 ounce bad for having some faith and believing in the team, or any players on it.

If we can find someone to fill the void (scoring) I'd be happy. It's too bad he can't be traded for someone who could bring us back some value. I think on another team, with a change of scenery, he might do a little better. I have a nagging suspicion (sp) that Holland being Holland, Lang will have a 1 year contract soon.... We'll see, I guess. :unsure:

I will never forget Robert Lang's goal against the Nashville Predators where the man broke into the zone with one Predator piggybacking off him, deking two other Predators out of their jock strap, and then putting one past Vokoun. That was a fricking amazing one man effort.

Guest Agalloch

I'll think him for his play when we first got him, and in every playoff year. That's it, though. I won't mind seeing him leave, that's for sure.

:thumbup: Amazingly, after their Game 6 loss, Detroit Red Wings turnovers were cut in half by 85% after Langs contract expired.

The only positive in last night's loss was that we no longer have to tolerate Lang on this team.

A championship team cannot carry any deadweight.

right up there with the Wings getting bounced,

is the all around likelihood that Mr. Lang played his last game as a Wing.

that is seriously crushing me.

id be so ecstatic if he got re-signed.

seriously,

i love you Bobbert! stay in hockeytown!!

I like Lang, but it's time for him to go.

We can get younger and still continue to win. Nothing against these guys, but I hope Lang, Hasek, and Schneider are either retired, or in different jerseys next year. Bert can go too.

We'll free up a decent amount of money and will be able to sign a UFA or two. :thumbup:

I will miss Lang, but he did take alot of dumb penalties and alot of turnovers and I remember becoming extremly pissed at him throught the season, we need to get a good FA in his absence (if he leaves), infact we could probably get two FA with his cash. I think he was banking 3.5 Mill this year correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway GoodLuck Langer!!!

Here's a morsel for us Lang detractors to chew on...

"Two pleasant surprises were Chris Chelios and Robert Lang. Chelios wasn't on the ice for much offense during the regular season, but the Wings outscored opponents 11-5 at even strength with Cheli on the ice in the post-season. With Lang, the Wings outscored opponents 8-2 at even strength. Lang was not on the ice for an even-strength goal allowed in the first or third round while generating offense at a level similar to Datsyuk and Zetterberg."

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2007/05...60-minutes.html

I just don't understand how that's possible, but...

/flabbergasted

"Two pleasant surprises were Chris Chelios and Robert Lang... With Lang, the Wings outscored opponents 8-2 at even strength. Lang was not on the ice for an even-strength goal allowed in the first or third round while generating offense at a level similar to Datsyuk and Zetterberg."

Nice! :thumbup::clap:

I will miss Lang, but he did take alot of dumb penalties and alot of turnovers and I remember becoming extremly pissed at him throught the season, Anyway GoodLuck Langer!!!

It's funny, I thought I'd be glad to see him sent on his way but I'll miss him anyhow! He never did figure out the new hooking rule... :P