• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

Lang made close to $4m per year; no other $4m forward in the league would have been so utterly lazy and terrible as was Lang. He was our 2nd-line center, and was both effectively terrible and generally worthless

Post cap you would be hard pressed to find many forwards pushing 4 million anyways.... Most players salaries Dropped accordingly as they renewed their contracts After the cap was put in place. The is the first time Lang's salary will be adjusted under the new cap, so I expect that he won't be near the 4 million mark.

Not to mention you yourself said he was our 2nd line center...so Of course his post cap salary should be and will be more aligned to the 1-2million contracts of all other 2nd line players. His salary was very comparable to 2nd line players before the cap. Now it is unfairly compared to the salaries of post cap team stars (those who already renegotiated their contracts)...when he is not being used as a superstar but a 2nd line player.

As for forwards... as much as I hate to say it JR played nothing like his post cap salary in his final year before he took the 1.2 million paycheck.

Edited by OsGOD

Yes..here's the facts people...here are the FACTS:

1) Lang is lazy

2) Lang sucks

3) Lang ALWAYS floats

4) Lang NEVER contributes

5) Lang shows NO effort, ever

6) Lang is never physical

or

Lang is simply a player who's contract is over-inflated because it was made pre-cap, and had an off year.

Edited by Offsides

Guest ZDH

Wings fans always need to have scapegoats. For years it was Ozzie then it was Duchesne then Lang and Lilja and now it will likely be Samuelsson.

Lang took too much blame for the Wings at times but he really was a very lazy player out there this season. I appreciate the 2 huge goals he scored for us in these playoffs and I was happy for him as well that it was he who scored those important goals.

That being said, he did not earn his $3.8 mil salary this season. I thought he was our best forward in the '04 and '06 playoffs. We really needed a solid 2nd line presence to take the pressure off Z and Dats and Lang was the guy we counted on to provide that offense.

He did not do the job. Babs put him on the 4th line after giving him every chance to do so.

Ok, I'll give him a break with the fact he had to play with Williams and Samuelsson for most of the season up until Sammy got injured. I don't think Crosby could do well with Williams. Man I was so happy when we got rid of Williams...anyway...

Lang has lost a step, even though he never had one in the first place. However he is still a big body and is skilled. He will go somewhere for likely around $2-2.5 mil. But on the Wings we simply do not need him anymore.

He was basically Fedorov's replacement at the '04 deadline because at the time neither Hank or Dats were really ready to be the #1 centre. But now they both are, they just happen to play on the same line most of the time.

Lang was our last pre-lockout contract other than Draper. Filppula needs those minutes to continue his development. Keeping Lang would hold him back.

I am neither a Lang fan nor am I a Lang basher. But it is time for him to move on. You can't keep the same roster each season. It is not realistic. I cheer for the laundry ahead of the player.

I wish Lang all the best but he really needs to go.

Guest ZDH

happy trails lang, what will everyone use these boards for when hes gone?

SAMUELSSON IS LAZY AND HE SUCKS