• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Sooo, are you going to watch the Stanley Cup Finals?

Rate this topic

No, probably not. I couldn't give a *#&@ less about either team. Like someone else here said, it if was Buffalo vs. Anaheim, I'd be rooting for the Sabres. But I just hate the Sens as much as I've always hated the Ducks. Neither team interests me.

Go Pistons! :thumbup:

Lidstrom's from Sweden, and he has already won the cup... a few times. Actually when you think about it a large chunk of The Wings are from Sweden.

and to answer the question, I'll probably just watch the deciding games.

I think he meant first European captain to win the Cup. Obviously Nick already bagged the Conn Smythe - first Euro there :) .

I'll pay attention but won't be glued to the tv. Mostly because I have kids and alot of stuff to catch up on - and I've been blowing far too many things off to be glued to the set for the Wings games for 6 weeks. Ironically, I will be in Toronto for 5 days for work the first week of June - I will probably watch some there - or go sit in the hotel bar and watch...

I won't be watching and neither will the rest of America. I don't care who wins and neither does the rest of America. Neither team will make the play-offs next year and no dynasty team will ever happen again under the Bettman regime.

Neither team will make the playoffs next year? LOL Hold onto that dream.

I'll be glued to CBC telly for the finals-- can't wait to see Grapes' next killa suit! :hehe:

Cheering for Sens, but not so much that I can't enjoy great play by either team (except for the Ducks own Dr. Evil).

I'd never not watch the finals personally: for one thing, it's the last bit of hockey for the year, and for another: you never know who might be showing up in red in the next few years and I think it's important for me, purely on a fan-type basis, to become informed about the play, the resiliency, and more importantly, the character, of said potential player.

you know all of you are secretly rooting for the cup to stay with the western conference....plus the cup wouldnt be at disneyland smartass....i dont think were ever gonna break that disney crap, stupid emilio estavez...the curse of the 7 game loss will be broken...

I'll watch because I love hockey above all else.

But...today is suppose to be Game 7. :crybaby:

Don't even bring that up. I was doing my best to forget that it was.

Damn it all Reem! You just had to say that. :P

I'll watch when Ottawa beats the sh*t out of the Ducks

Another important point I want to make, the NHL screwed themselves.

If it was a big team like Wings vs Sabres, ESPN and many other networks would beg the NHL to sign with them instead of damn versus. Now they won't try as hard and ppl will still ***** about versus.

Most of Canada hates Ottawa, and most of the US could careless about Anaheim so ppl will probably watch horse racing, nascar, golf, or any other sport istead of the Stanley Cup Finals.

The team that beat my team must win the cup, for they were destined to do so.

That being said, since this was a conference final exit, I can not take an entire series hockey break as I usually would. I will look at game 1 and 2 with some distant interest, then I will be all about the Ducks for the remainder of the series.

Jesus Christ, what an argument is this?

is Stanley Cup campaign about teams winning best-of-seven series, or about the league awarding teams from best markets with advances?

the NHL is usually pretty awful when it comes to reffing and Canadian teams. and TV stations are usually those who are the best at licking fans asses and jumping bandwaggons so that they voice the majority of viewers opinions. but in the end, there is a game played on the ice where two teams clash and one of them wins it with hard work, smart strategy and talent first. optional league help comes at the very last, when there's some close battle and some calls may favor one team. but that's all. by far the biggest part of the picture is the game on the ice and how players are.

BTW: yes, I'm gonna be watching at least 1 period of those games which start prior to 8:00. was it not for the fact the 7:00 is 1:00 AM local time, I would love to watch the entire series. sure, my Wings are not there, but in the end I'm a hockey fan, not just Detroit homer. there's a lot of strong hockey to be played, and I definitely want to see it. even more rooting for Alfie (who's one of my favorite NHL players) and cheering for Sens to keep this sucker Pronger off the cup

EDIT: just realized, all games are scheduled to this awful 2:00 AM my time. seems like I'm gonna switch to early wake ups and watching 3rd periods/OTs

Edited by akustyk

I'll watch when Ottawa beats the sh*t out of the Ducks

If it was a big team like Wings vs Sabres, ESPN and many other networks would beg the NHL to sign with them instead of damn versus. Now they won't try as hard and ppl will still ***** about versus.

Most of Canada hates Ottawa, and most of the US could careless about Anaheim so ppl will probably watch horse racing, nascar, golf, or any other sport istead of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Wait here... are you saying the NHL should have "stacked the deck" basically and blew these games so it was an automatic Detroit - Buffalo final?

That wouldn't have worked for one thing. And with as bad as Buffalo played against Ottawa, it would have been increasingly apparent that something was going on. That Buffalo team wasn't even in the same league as Ottawa.