• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Statts

Hasek: "I may have played my last game"

Rate this topic

He is a good goalie, but I think our team needs to move on, he cannot control rebounds anymore and he seemed real tired at game 6. Thanks for the ride dom, but please let the Red Wings move on with rebuilding and making us a dynasty again!

If he comes back for the same price, its just another no-risk signing. I'd go for it..... He is very competitive and in great shape.... I just don't like the idea of possibly having my favourite and in my opinion the greatest goalie of all time possibly retire in an ugly way like Detroit no longer plays him because he is no longer effective.....

Edited by T-Ruff

I'm 50/50 on this... Hasek gives us a way better chance at the Cup next year, but I want to start giving Howard as chance. Holland might end up signing a Netminder if Hasek leaves anyway... who knows.

Either way, what a season!

Alot of people did not want Dom to pay this year with us, I liked the idea. He proved that he was not gonna get hurt this year around and know look at alot of people we praised him for this years playoffs and alot of us want him back for 1 more year. I hope he comes back and play like he did this year for us for next year. Thanks for helping us make it past San Jose and Calgary. And to get what should have been a 5 game win series for us against these quaks, but you didn't have help in front.

I want to see Ozzie and Howard splitting time starting in 2007-08. Hasek had a hell of a season, but I hope we pass on bringing him back, he's 43 next year.

Unless their under contract or named Chris Chelios, let's go with the young guys. I hope we pass on bringing back Schneider and Lang too.

The thing that sucks is Dom is always threatening retirement... the guy left us in 2002 only to come back and be a cancer in the locker room. I wish he would just stop the drama and play already...

Howard needs to play sometime soon... Ozzie is coming to the end of the road and we can't play the Hasek retire/not retire game every year... time to infuse some youth onto this team!

The Wings' best option is Hasek, if he decides to come back. That is assuming they won't offer Ozzie the starting role, of course, but if history is a teacher, they won't. The Wings certainly won't find anyone of Dom's calibre for less than a million dollars, let's face it. He doesn't play for money at this point -- so I won't be surprised to see him back. Ozzie and Dom, the sexy tandem in Detroit: if it's not broken, why try to fix it?

Wonder when he will decide? There's a factor that might figure in with his family, too. His kids love Detroit, and his son is a senior in HS next year. I wonder if his kids will talk him into staying one more year?

Id say dont resign him, heres why, you saw this in 99-01 that us aquiring big names made it harder for us to find the very talented youth and get them into the NHL, I say what we do is sign a UFA goalie, dump Ozzie (no matter how much I love how he plays) and groom Howard as the main back up so that he can either prove hes ready for the NHL or that we need to find someone else. Thats just my opinion on matters though.

like we're ever going to give howard a real chance

that's one thing i hate about msg board fans. we love to live in fantasy land where every young guy will get a chance and be a star in goal.

ain't happenin guys. we're the wings. we're in contention every single year. we never go through that transition period it takes to break in a young guy.

by starting him we basically forfeit next season and work for the future, but we don't have to. it's sad but that's how it works.

I think you're one of the posters here besides myself who remembers that the Wings haven't gotten past the first round since 2002. Who was in goal then, and who was in goal this season? I suspect the Wings are hoping Hasek decides to come back, esp. since Kenny's already said the job is his if he wants it (Cheli, same deal).

Who is this young superstar goalie everyone hopes we're going to go get over the summer and who will play for peanuts, anyway? ;)

Edit: it's about the intangibles a player brings sometimes, not just the play on the ice, although there was nothing wrong with that either where Dom was concerned this season.

Edited by puckloo39

Hasek was amazing for us this season. He was the rock we needed back in net BUT at his age, the Wings need to look to the future. They need to make a play at Giguere to stabilize the net for years to come and let Howard be his backup.

If he wants to retire, he can retire. I love the guy, but you got to ask yourself, will our defensemen be as good next season? Will we again allow the fewest shots per game? Hasek had the easiest role of any starting goaltender and he excelled. However, with the POSSIBLE absence of Markov and/or Schneider, will he have another great year if he does stay? I feel he's capable, but with the possible weaker blue line, he would be at a bigger injury risk.

Hasek was amazing for us this season. He was the rock we needed back in net BUT at his age, the Wings need to look to the future. They need to make a play at Giguere to stabilize the net for years to come and let Howard be his backup.

Giguere is not coming to the Wings. You can mark my words on that one. It's just not going to happen. The price is out of order, the team is out of order, the whole damn camping trip is out of order.

I'd take him back, but everyone's assuming he's going to play for peanuts again next season. You have to remember that he was getting no interest from anyone thanks to the s*** he pulled in Ottawa and previously in Detroit. This year, he's fresh of a healthy season and a trip to the Conference Finals. He's going to get much more interest on the open market. That makes everything tricky. He's a much, much bigger gamble if he's looking to sign for market-price. Let's not forget about his wonky groin. It's great that he had no problems this season but it's still risky.

Detroit is historically hard (did I say hard? try brutal) on goalies, esp pre-97.

I fully support Dom if he wants to go again-- he saved our arse time after time after Father Time, and if you don't see that he was our MVP--perhaps our ONLY MVP of these playoffs, then I don't know what to tell you.

But if I were him, and had such crap support from people who should be worshipping him as a minor god-- hell yaa, I'd go home.

I'm not a big fan of Hasek the off-ice personality, but he's a team first guy in many ways if only for his own ultimate benefit...I can't see him signing a deal that'd hurt the team b/c he's only playing to win at this point...if he's proven one thing, he's proven that he's not doing this for the money. That said, why would he force the Wings to pony up with a big deal that would limit their ability to bring in other guys to help the team? Furthermore, if he's back, he's going to do it with the Wings...I just can't see him joining some new team at this point...it just doesn't make sense...he'll decide to come back or he won't. If he does, he'll probably get a raise, but it won't be market price. If he doesn't come back, well, who knows...I've never been opposed to Osgood starting...