• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Statts

Hasek: "I may have played my last game"

Rate this topic

I want to see Ozzie and Howard splitting time starting in 2007-08. Hasek had a hell of a season, but I hope we pass on bringing him back, he's 43 next year.

Unless their under contract or named Chris Chelios, let's go with the young guys. I hope we pass on bringing back Schneider and Lang too.

I agree with u about Hasek. I really do like the guy but he is only getting older and more of a chance of getting injured. Its time to move on, he did well for us but I just wouldn't want to see him back.

I want him to come back too. It's the best option if you factor in everything. Especially if you factor in what Matt said. The Western Conference has very dangerous goal tending.

Odds of Hasek getting injured are about the same as any other player, so long as he keeps up the routine he did this year. He's been crushed in the net, run over and thrown halfway across the rink, slashed, bashed, and sat upon -- and has gotten back up and won each time. People cite his history, but lots of other players are just as injury prone, and it's never an issue. They certainly don't play for league minimum because of it. Shows how important Dom is the cause, I guess, that folks are so obsessed with his health.

Funny, Hasek was one of the few completely healthy players by the end of the run... despite an entire season of media and fans waiting with anticipation for him to get hurt. Dom may be 43 and going grey, but he's not a normal 43 year old. My boss is 43 and he gets winded crossing the parking lot to get in his car. :P

I'd love to see him one more year (well, duh!) but it's completely up to him now. Holland and Nick want him back, I suspect the rest of the team does as well, since they know even better than we fans do what Dom's capable of and what he brings to the Wings' organization. I bet he will be back.

Edited by puckloo39

This seems like a silly discussion to me. If not for a lucky bounce of Nick's stick in game 5, at WORST we're playing a game 7 at home tomorrow night.

Hasek hasn't been spectacular because he hasn't had to be, not with the guys we trot out on D. He's been plenty good enough to win a championship.

I don't even really like the guy or his style of play, but I don't see how this elimination was in any way his fault.

Hasek wasn't the one not putting pressure on the Anaheim D when they controlled the puck at the blue line. He wasn't the one getting outhustled along the boards. He wasn't the one out of position on our powerplay opportunities. And he most assuredly wasn't the one who basically made Anaheim look 4x better than they are by half-assing it for 2 periods in game 6.

If he wants back, let him back. If Howard is to come up, then play him behind Dom. Howard is the future, not Ozzy. Thanks for the good times Chris.

If he wants back, let him back. If Howard is to come up, then play him behind Dom. Howard is the future, not Ozzy. Thanks for the good times Chris.

Hate to break it to you, but Osgood is in the final year of his current contract in the 2007-08 season so he isn't going anywhere next year.

He doesn't want to play anywhere else and loves this franchise, or so I am assuming. I got no problems with that. As important as it is to watch out for yourself and your career, very rarely do you see people these days who put company/sports franchise with as high of an importance compared to one's own personal sitaution. I commend Osgood for doing this these past few seasons, he's the man.

He wants to be here, he's still a good goalie and a great team player, let him be here.

If Dom thinks he can give it one more year,I hope it is with us. Honestly I think he has a better shot to win in the Eastern Conference where the travel isn't so freaking nuts, but I wouldn't want him in any other jersey. He played well even when he was obviously tired, but I think that he'll be back, the guy is a competitor through and through, nobody will ever take that out of him.

not that it's any real indicator, since you never actually know what Dom's going to do until he says or does it, read any of the articles in today's Detroit News (click on the links at the top of this page under Detroit News Headlines).

If Holland and the team have anything to say about it, Dom will be back. At least since we know Chelios will be back, Dom won't be the oldest one on the team, eh? ;)

Dom played great for the Wings this year and was a large part of their success in the playoffs.

Still, I always saw this season as sort of an "all in" move. It's a little nerve racking to think about rolling the dice on his health again.

It's gonna be interesting to see what Holland does.

It's either gamble with Dom's groin again, go with a very green netminder in Howard (unlikely), start Ozzy and bring in a backup (unlikely), or go out and acquire a goaltender.