• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsownNHL

Wings Favorites in 08

Rate this topic

As long as a few things fall into place, i truly believe the wings will be the team to beat next season. First and foremost, it is a MUST to re-sign Todd Bertuzzi. It boggles my mind as to why people bash this guy. It would surprise me if he was above 70% in his entire stay as a red wing. Additionally, the guy hasnt played in 3 frigging seasons. Any argument made against this guy is out of complete and utter ignorance and i have to question if you have any real hockey knowledge. Just wait and watch a healthy Bertuzzi in the winged wheel. You guys will be salivating next year.

The second thing that has to happen goal tending. I dont think Howard is ready to carry the load, and i doubt if Hasek can stay healthy in two consecutive seasons. This is an area we may have to get lucky.

I really think a healthy trio of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Bertuzzi would make up the best forwards in the league. Especially with key producers such as Homer, Cleary and an improved Filpulla supporting them.

I agree with everything you just said. I too am in favour of Bertuzzi coming back. It was so obvious that he was not even close to 100% out there... I thought he got better as the playoffs went on. He looked like he was able to control the puck a lot better, taking the puck to the net and creating chances... He can also be a beast on the forecheck... of course we didnt see it as much as we liked to, but when he did, it was clear that no one wanted to go in the corner with him. i think he could be valuable for us next season.. and i would be happy to see him back.

I like Bertuzzi a lot and it's awesome to think about what he's capable of when he's healthy and at the top of his game. However, he obviously has some issues with his back. When Shanahan began having back problems he was never the same again. We're all hoping for Bertuzzi to be an abrasive forward, but who knows if he'll ever be able to play that way again.

Keep in mind we have to give up another second round pick if he re-signs with us. Even if it's at a substantial discount, I'd be tempted to pass based on what we've seen thusfar. Injuries seem like they've really taken their toll on the guy.

-Tim

Guest Crymson

As long as a few things fall into place, i truly believe the wings will be the team to beat next season. First and foremost, it is a MUST to re-sign Todd Bertuzzi. It boggles my mind as to why people bash this guy. It would surprise me if he was above 70% in his entire stay as a red wing. Additionally, the guy hasnt played in 3 frigging seasons. Any argument made against this guy is out of complete and utter ignorance and i have to question if you have any real hockey knowledge. Just wait and watch a healthy Bertuzzi in the winged wheel. You guys will be salivating next year.

The second thing that has to happen goal tending. I dont think Howard is ready to carry the load, and i doubt if Hasek can stay healthy in two consecutive seasons. This is an area we may have to get lucky.

I really think a healthy trio of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Bertuzzi would make up the best forwards in the league. Especially with key producers such as Homer, Cleary and an improved Filpulla supporting them.

Eh, we've found out that ZDH is the far-and-away best.

Blind faith.

We need some beef in the D core now.

Do you see it happeneing?

Oh wait, Kronwall is the savior...

Cmon guys, our D looked bad against Anaheim.

We need some guys willing to take a hit to control the puck.

We have not had that since 98.

Cmon guys, our D looked bad against Anaheim.

That couldn't have anything to do with the Wings missing two of their top three guys and playing an injured Lebda, could it?

If everyone here has blind faith, you have blind negativity.

Edited by ARice89

That couldn't have anything to do with the Wings missing two of their top three guys and playing an injured Lebda, could it?

If everyone here has blind faith, you have blind negativity.

Can the excuses stop now?

We lost.

People get hurt, thats the game.

Its not alarming that two injuries made our D look horrible?

Our D looked awful.

******* awful tonight.

not one D man on our team knows what taking their man means.

Just awful...

What are you talking about? No, it's actually not, not at all. You can't really expect to blow through the post-season when you lose two guys who each log 20-28 minutes a night. The Wings had a really short bench and they got tired. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some big guys on the blue line but it's not the end of the world that our defense wasn't invincible without two of the top three.

Edited by ARice89

<_<

My god......

how many goals did we score this series?

Way more than enough to win...

When it mattered most, our D got man handled.

Thats the truth.

Blame it on whatever you like.

I can honestly say, us Wings fans need to take a look at this team and be honest.

<_<

My god......

Thats the truth.

I can honestly say, us Wings fans need to take a look at this team and be honest.

Hardly. Our offense dried up when we needed it most, the powerplay in particular. The Wings bury a couple of those 5-on-3 opportunities and countless other powerplay opportunities and this series is over in five or six in the Wings favor.

That one goal performance in Game 5 was a great offensive effort. Maybe by our D getting manhandled you mean Niedermayer's shot deflecting off of Lidstrom's stick to tie it in Game 5?

Edited by ARice89

Can the excuses stop now?

We lost.

People get hurt, thats the game.

Our D looked awful.

******* awful tonight.

not one D man on our team knows what taking their man means.

Just awful...

Man get out of here you aint a fan you're just a hater... Lilja was our 3rd defenseman Lets face it he would never be that high if Kronwall and Schneider were out there Lebda was playing alot of minutes and Quincey is a rookie Chelios is 40 still good but 40 So basically we were playing with Lidstrom and Markov at the right times (what they are used to ) but not the other 2 pairings so they did well for how they were thrown into and the ducks just got all the lucky bounces and deflections so don't blame the defense noboby is at fault

You guys are right, no other team faces injuries in the playoffs.

God knows the ducks were 100% healthy.

4 years of bad bounces and hot goalies and counting.

The ducks were healty for the most part they were missing Kunitz thats about it

Wings were without Kronwall and Schneider thats like taking away Niedermayer/Pronger(choose one) and Beachuemin from their lineup yea think about that

You guys are right, no other team faces injuries in the playoffs.

God knows the ducks were 100% healthy.

4 years of bad bounces and hot goalies and counting.

Who said anything about that? The Wings faced some significant, significant injuries. If they lost Lidstrom and Zetterberg, would you be saying the same thing? Schneider and Kronwall log a s***-load of minutes. That's a huge loss for any team. You cant discount the injuries just because every team gets them.

Man get out of here you aint a fan you're just a hater... Lilja was our 3rd defenseman Lets face it he would never be that high if Kronwall and Schneider were out there Lebda was playing alot of minutes and Quincey is a rookie Chelios is 40 still good but 40 So basically we were playing with Lidstrom and Markov at the right times (what they are used to ) but not the other 2 pairings so they did well for how they were thrown into and the ducks just got all the lucky bounces and deflections so don't blame the defense noboby is at fault

I'm calling bulls*** on that Cheli comment. Cheli was INSANE all playoffs. He was just fantastic. Played smart, heads-up hockey. Just because he doesn't grind it out all night like he did in the old days doesn't mean he wasn't a real factor out there. He was definitely playing as #2. And Lillypads really steped it up out there. I'll take him over Quincey next year any day.

<_<

My god......

Thats the truth.

While the composition of the above post could use a little work, there's a good point lurking here...

Our D really did wear down in the end. Nick seemed strangely mortal over the last three, Lebda was scary with the puck (and not in a good way)- can't really single any one guy out (and putting this on Lilja is really unfair- he had a great playoffs for us, the G5OT blunder aside), but when it came down to it, our D wasn't as solid as it looked all year- puck possession was weak for this team, their forwards were able to cycle and cycle over the last three games, etc. I'll put some of this on Lang, who thank GOD has played his last game in the Winged Wheel, but the defense, from the blueline forward, didnt do it like we could have and should have and obviously needed to.

How bout Kyle Quincey, though, huh? A couple more years and we might be looking at Son of the Fish!

Go Sens, Go Die Pronger- yr a bum

Who said anything about that? The Wings faced some significant, significant injuries. If they lost Lidstrom and Zetterberg, would you be saying the same thing? Schneider and Kronwall log a s***-load of minutes. That's a huge loss for any team. You cant discount the injuries just because every team gets them.

Sadly, he would be saying the same thing. I'm beginning to think he really is Bill Clement.

The ducks were healty for the most part they were missing Kunitz thats about it

Wings were without Kronwall and Schneider thats like taking away Niedermayer/Pronger(choose one) and Beachuemin from their lineup yea think about that

Think about the game the ducks had without Pronger.

You thinking yet?

Oh yeah they beat us.

WTF?

They didnt lose Lidstrom and Zetterberg, did they?

Or maybe I missed that.

You thinking yet?

Oh yeah they beat us.

That was only one game they played without him before and they still had Niedermayer and Beachumin playing think about the whole series the wings played without Schneider and Kronwall shut up please!

You thinking yet?

Oh yeah they beat us.

That was only one game they played without him before and they still had Niedermayer and Beachumin playing think about the whole series the wings played without Schneider and Kronwall shut up please!

You are one dumb mother f*****.

And because you missed the point Ill figure you didnt read the whole thing.

You are right Beachumin is a stud.

What is your point?

We win while pronger is out and we win the series, at least we go 7 games.

You are one dumb mother f*****.

And because you missed the point Ill figure you didnt read the whole thing.

You are right Beachumin is a stud.

What is your point?

We win while pronger is out and we win the series, at least we go 7 games.

Ok I know this must be hard for you to do but try and use that tiny little ******* thing in your head called your brain and grasp what I'm saying.....They played the one game without Pronger one game doesn't make or break a best-of seven series They were able to replace him with Beachuemin a great defenseman He and Niedemayer wracked up above average minutes that game so they really didn't lose anything without him plus if I'm not mistaken the guy that filled in his roster spot Jackman he scored... now on the other hand the wings lost Schneider and kronwall two of our top 3 defensemen so we were forced to play Lilja and a injured lebda and a 40 year old chelios above their average of minuted played come on now and kronwall 's and Scheider's play on special team lets face it Lilja is not fit to play close to 20 minutes a game and lebda is not known to be a beast on the powerplay units while chelios is not accustomed to play 20+ minutes either at his age but they did thats what they had to work with The ducks were able to fill Pronger's one game absence but no way could they do it for an entire series as the wings did

Cheli and Lilja were our two best D men the entire playoffs.

Something you have yet to realize.

Lilja did fine, minus one mistake.

Better than Lidstrom if you ask me.

You still seem to miss the fact that Hasek played like s*** in the last 4 games of the series.