• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 C

Chelios not shaking hands . . .

Rate this topic

Yeah, you should always shake hands...OR you should stand up for the fact that the Ducks are a bunch of goons not worthy of respect...he'll take heat, but I cheer him on if that's his deal. Sure, typically you shake hands, but sometimes, and I think this is a fair case, the other side just ain't worthy. I don't blame him and as said, I applaud him. More people ought to stand up against the whiny, dirty Ducks bulls*** as well as other teams/players in the league who pollute the game. My thoughts have nothing to do with losing to them...sure, I hate it, but the bottom line is they're a classless hockey team. The fact that just about everyone in the media feels the same way I think says something...as a fan of hockey, it bothers me that that team even gets to compete for the Cup. It's a disgrace to the tradition and it's sad that the game has gotten this ugly and in many ways, just stupid.

you know what.. your not going to get an answer, because i dont know why he didnt shake their hands.. coulda been things that were said, could have been emotions.. i dont know, you will have to ask Chris..... but if you are asking me personally, i will tell you that if I lose respect for a team (for whatever reason).. no i don't shake hands.... could have been the same for Chris..

That's fine... and your own personal choice. You're not a pro athlete. I still think it's extremely childish and very very very unsportsmanlike

Yeah, you should always shake hands...OR you should stand up for the fact that the Ducks are a bunch of goons not worthy of respect...he'll take heat, but I cheer him on if that's his deal. Sure, typically you shake hands, but sometimes, and I think this is a fair case, the other side just ain't worthy. I don't blame him and as said, I applaud him. More people ought to stand up against the whiny, dirty Ducks bulls*** as well as other teams/players in the league who pollute the game. My thoughts have nothing to do with losing to them...sure, I hate it, but the bottom line is they're a classless hockey team. The fact that just about everyone in the media feels the same way I think says something...as a fan of hockey, it bothers me that that team even gets to compete for the Cup. It's a disgrace to the tradition and it's sad that the game has gotten this ugly and in many ways, just stupid.

:clap:

Guest MrSandMan

Probably because he knows the Duks didn't deserve this series. And the all the cheap shots from the Duks, and needless to say, their whiny ass fans.

I dont care if they are goons. I was brought up to be the bigger man. You respect and honor the tradition of the game. And then if you still have a problem, you find them out back and take care of business.

I dont know why Cheli didn't, and I love the guy so until we know, this conversation is a bunch of speculation.

It's not the first time Chelios did it?? or in general?

Like I posted its noy yhe first time its happened. If they did not mention it on cbc you would never of noticed. There is more thats said and done on the ice then we will realy ever know. He has an opinion just like you and me. I will still applaud him for that. By the way what do you have against him...must be a ducks fan since you just joined...

*sob* sportsmanship. *sob* chelios didn't want to shake the ducks' hands. who cares. They're a team of classless douchebags who took plenty of cheap shots, whined to the media, and lucked into the SCF.

They're lucky he didn't spit on em.

doesn't bother me if he didn't shake their hands, if that's what happened. I didn't see, as I turned off the feed when they started showing Pronger's ugly face. I can't stand to look at him. Maybe Cheli feels the same... maybe he'll say what it was. Until then, I guess I don't care.

I thought it was nice Dom and Giggy were respectful and hugged each other. Goalies are a strange breed, for sure.

Like I posted its noy yhe first time its happened. If they did not mention it on cbc you would never of noticed. There is more thats said and done on the ice then we will realy ever know. He has an opinion just like you and me. I will still applaud him for that. By the way what do you have against him...must be a ducks fan since you just joined...

lol

I am absolutely NOT a ducks fan. I've been a Wings fan for 20 years. I don't have anything against Chelios. In fact... I wore his jersey tonight. I love Chelios. I don't care if it's my favourite player who decides not to shake hands... it just isn't right.

Probably because he knows the Duks didn't deserve this series. And the all the cheap shots from the Duks, and needless to say, their whiny ass fans.

talk about whiney ass fans :yowza:

I dont care if they are goons. I was brought up to be the bigger man. You respect and honor the tradition of the game. And then if you still have a problem, you find them out back and take care of business.

Absolutley. I was raised to be a good sport too. Maybe that's why I'm so mad.

It's not the first time Chelios did it?? or in general?

He didn't shake the Duck's players hands in 2003 either and ever since then I've watched him not shake hands in others playoff losses as well. When Fedorov was here with the Ducks, someone asked him why Chelios didn't shake our hands in defeat and he just sidestepped the issue with a smirk on his face...he knows the answer but just won't say why.

He didn't shake the Duck's players hands in 2003 either and ever since then I've watched him not shake hands in others playoff losses as well. When Fedorov was here with the Ducks, someone asked him why Chelios didn't shake our hands in defeat and he just sidestepped the issue with a smirk on his face...he knows the answer but just won't say why.

Wow... that's really sad. Great role model for his kids :thumbup:

It was Dino.

Was that 95/96? I thought Dino was done by then but looked up his stats before I responded and saw he played untill 98/99. I still know quite a few players felt that way and or thought it. I'm sure many players did not shake his hand...

Edited by Production Line

Maybe some day down the road, his kid might take after dad and not shake some other kids hands after a game.. but will that matter?? No, it wont.. no one will care at the end of the day

Edited by e_mcgrath88

Was that 95/96? I thought Dino was done by then but looked up his stats before I responded and saw he played untill 98/99. I still know quite a few players felt that way and or thought it. I'm sure many players did not shake his hand...

Yeah 95/96 was Dino's last season with the Wings. He went to Tampa Bay after that I believe.

I'm sure it happens alot more then we know...

Better that then who was it McCarty that said, and a number of wings thought it to that "I can't beleive I shook his ******* hand" meaning tha infamous claude "the repundent turtle" lemieux...

It is the only sport that does it and I applaud hockey for it, but if you have that strong feelings you should be able to do what you want, he could be injured or maybe needed to go to the bathroom... :clap::clap::clap:

Dino Ciccarelli

Yes, it's tragic, and just think of the children, my God, the children!!!

Who cares. I personally always shook hands after games, but did it really mean anything? No. What's better, shaking hands and not meaning it, or not shaking hands and meaning it?

Amen to that. Don't know, maybe my point of view is too European... Here we shake hands before games, as to wish the other team good luck, not after. Shaking hands with somebody whose guts you hate, and whose ass you've tried to kick through the whole series seems a bit hypocritical.

It I had to teach sportmanship to my kids, I'd teach them to play the game hard but fairly. I would teach them to feel respect (as much as possible), not to pretend respect. But that's just my opinion, and who knows me knows I've never liked formalities.

I don't think that's such a big deal anyway.