• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 C

Chelios not shaking hands . . .

Rate this topic

Who the hell cares!? I honestly think this is the dumbest "tradition" in sports, eventhough everyone else seems to think it is so great. You are there to compete and win. You are enemies on the ice. If you want to be friends and shake hands, do it off the ice. Chelios nor anyone else for that matter is obligated to shake the opposing teams hands. 19 C get over it, seriously...

Hey 19 C, I think maybe we should meet at the bike racks...but we all know that outcome :thumbdown: Just let it go...

Psst, Hey your not making many freinds here, weather you care or not...just let it go...

Who the hell cares!? I honestly think this is the dumbest "tradition" in sports, eventhough everyone else seems to think it is so great. You are there to compete and win. You are enemies on the ice. If you want to be friends and shake hands, do it off the ice. Chelios nor anyone else for that matter is obligated to shake the opposing teams hands. 19 C get over it, seriously...

Ehmm. You must not have played sports, or maybe not at a youth level, because the tradition of shaking hands in football et al is taught to them as sportsmanship. Happens in the USA, Canada, Europe, China. The world's a new place, embrace it;

Many of your so-called enemies-on-ice hang out, play golf, do charity events together in the off-season, and many of them have played as teammates.

Sad that you feel a longstanding tradition is dumb. Let's do away with the octopus then. A dumb tradition, and further, a del;ay of game.

:clap: HoH- I'm going to hire you to post for me some day when I'm super rich.

Or maybe kidnap you and force you to type posts while hand-cuffed to a radiator.

It all depends on my financial situation.

LOL, everyone wants HoH to be their personal poster.

Perhaps he could open a profitable business.

Wow, I was going to come in and chat a bit and congratulate you fans on a solid season but now after reading some of this????????????

How any of you in HOCKEYTOWN can back a player for ANY reason not having the respect FOR THE GAME to shake hands with the opposing team blows me away. Then complaining calling the Ducks goons and such? Obviously the fans and this board arent all its stated to be. Oh well. Best of luck next year.

It really bothers me that Chelios didn't shake hands with the Duck players.

What a poor sport

He was injured.

I will not get chippy like some posters, BUT....

you obviously have completely missed the spirit of hockey and have not plyaed, and are missing what makes hockey one of the classiest, most respectable games on ice. Despite it's stereotype, hockey is one of the most humble and charitable sports out there. I wont get into cultural/educational reasons why other sport's athletes would be incapable of shaking hands with other players, but the fact that hockey players can beat the crap out of each other and remailn professional is an example to anyone that has children, plays the game, or is just a good human being.

You claim that everyone is enemies, but you miss the point. THere is something called respect. THat's why Pronger and Holmstrom shook hands after the game, regardless of what went down earlier in the series. Hell, half of these guys have played with each other at one point or another.

Respect, class, and sportsmanship.

THose of us that love the game of hockey understand that this is what makes the sport great.

Oh, again... Chelios was injured.

Edited by Defenseman13

That's really the first thing I thought as well. He hurried to shake the Coach's hands outta respect then got off right away.

Something was wrong.

He did it last time in 2003 too. They asked Randy about it in the post game news conference and he didnt care. He said Chelisaurus came to shake the coaches hands so they assumed he went to the line but to them, they didnt care. Just another to add to the Boogaard and Lemaire list.

I think he is kind of a poor sport for this, I think it is really great that the NHL is the only sport that does this. However, as I said before i think it is excusable if no one wanted to shake hands with pronger, and if Chelly didn't with Perry after that hit he took in game one, I can see that too. But the rest of the team, that is a bit childish.

Oh I just saw that you say he was injured, that makes it excusable to just really get the coaches then leave the ice I think.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

Wow, I was going to come in and chat a bit and congratulate you fans on a solid season but now after reading some of this????????????

How any of you in HOCKEYTOWN can back a player for ANY reason not having the respect FOR THE GAME to shake hands with the opposing team blows me away. Then complaining calling the Ducks goons and such? Obviously the fans and this board arent all its stated to be. Oh well. Best of luck next year.

PUCK YOU...And you prolly thought the cissy pronger hit was a good hit with no need of a penalty or a susspension...smelling salts anyone...

PUCK YOU...And you prolly thought the cissy pronger hit was a good hit with no need of a penalty or a susspension...smelling salts anyone...

Gee, more class. f*** you.

If you want my honest opinion on the Pronger hit, I think it was s***ty and if it was on one of our players I wouldve been mad as hell. I didnt buy the Rob stood him up excuse and think one game was lenient. Dickhead.

I think people are overreacting a teeny bit with the "embodiment of all that is wrong with sports" comments regarding the Ducks.

I'd also like to say I don't agree with shaking hands after a game/series, just because of how many fights I've been in that stemmed from post-game handshakes. Granted I haven't seen it in the NHL, but you know that some of them would love nothing more than to haul off and KTFO Pronger.

That said, I'm sure Cheli had a reason for not shaking their hands, and if his answer is "I didn't feel like it" well, that's a right he's earned in his career. Poor sportsmanship? Maybe. Am I mad at him or think he wasn't representing the Wings well? Nope.

He was injured.

I will not get chippy like some posters, BUT....

you obviously have completely missed the spirit of hockey and have not plyaed, and are missing what makes hockey one of the classiest, most respectable games on ice. Despite it's stereotype, hockey is one of the most humble and charitable sports out there. I wont get into cultural/educational reasons why other sport's athletes would be incapable of shaking hands with other players, but the fact that hockey players can beat the crap out of each other and remailn professional is an example to anyone that has children, plays the game, or is just a good human being.

You claim that everyone is enemies, but you miss the point. THere is something called respect. THat's why Pronger and Holmstrom shook hands after the game, regardless of what went down earlier in the series. Hell, half of these guys have played with each other at one point or another.

Respect, class, and sportsmanship.

THose of us that love the game of hockey understand that this is what makes the sport great.

Hear hear! I hope that you are involved in hockey on some level: coach littles, if you have time, or even ass't . Coaches are hard to come by at peewee level.

Reminder to ALL here: ***** about the Wings/NHL/BettmanVERSUS all you want, but what have YOU done for hockey lately? ;)

Hey Dickhead glad to see you know that outcome and even have that sig "Dickhead" must of been a lonley and hard childhood...Class??? You don't see me coming to your site and spweing bulls***...but I feel you embrace that tainted taste. More power to you. So later Dickhead..Or is it Dick Head.

Cheli is Cheli he had his reasons.Whos to say that he told the coaches when he shuk their hand to tell their players why he had to leave so quickly.Thats why u(19c)u should'nt be making a stink about it. u know nothing about what was going on or what was said so give it a rest.

Who the f*** cares... I dont shake hands with people I dont respect.. and i'm sure the same goes for Cheli.. The Ducks team is made up of world class goons and babies.. did you hear the things some of these guys said in the media.. god knows what they say on the ice... Cheli is a class act veteran guy, and if he didnt shake hands with them, he had reason.......

I've got to think he had a good reason too

Guest LivingtheDream

I'm sure it happens alot more then we know...

Better that then who was it McCarty that said, and a number of wings thought it to that "I can't beleive I shook his ******* hand" meaning tha infamous claude "the repundent turtle" lemieux...

It is the only sport that does it and I applaud hockey for it, but if you have that strong feelings you should be able to do what you want, he could be injured or maybe needed to go to the bathroom... :clap::clap::clap:

Those guys sweat so much I doubt they need to take a piss until 5 hours after the game! As far as Chelios, whatever reason he had is good enough for me. I'll give him a pass. It was nice to see Dom leadinging the line though.

It was Dino Cicc (I can't spell it!) who made the comment about Turtle boy, but of course it was Mac who took care of it all in the end!

whatever hes a loser anyway

How many cups does Anaheim have anyway? Cheli a loser? That has to be the dumbest post yet. I couldn't care less if he shook hands or not. Tradition or not, he had his reasons and I respect him for it. Cheli has his name on the cup, more than I can say for any of the Ducks. Now just shut up, moron.

Guest micah

Chelios has never been a classy player, this should come as no surprise. I still have a problem with him from back when he was tough enough to sucker Yzerman but to much of a coward to answer Probert when he came calling. Classless. I hate Pronger, but I thought it was great when Pronger beat Cheli up a few years back.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Gee, more class. f*** you.

If you want my honest opinion on the Pronger hit, I think it was s***ty and if it was on one of our players I wouldve been mad as hell. I didnt buy the Rob stood him up excuse and think one game was lenient. Dickhead.

Hey, chill the F out dude. Don't let somebody ruffle your feathers. You seem to be a reasonable bloke. But don't start dropping F-bombs and trying to fight the whole board. Remember, this is our house, you're just a guest here.