• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 C

Chelios not shaking hands . . .

Rate this topic

Chris Chelios said he didn't shake hands with the Ducks because he was distraught with losing and didn't want to get emotional. Chelios said it was nothing against the Ducks' players. Chelios did congratulate the Ducks' coaching staff. Chelios also said he hopes to work out an agreement to play one more year with the Wings.

so now you all know. I personally think that the handshake is a great tradition that should be carried on, am I going to hate Chelios and bash him for not shaking the Ducks hands? No, he congradulated the coaching staff and that at least shows something.

Who the f*** cares... I dont shake hands with people I dont respect.. and i'm sure the same goes for Cheli.. The Ducks team is made up of world class goons and babies.. did you hear the things some of these guys said in the media.. god knows what they say on the ice... Cheli is a class act veteran guy, and if he didnt shake hands with them, he had reason.......

Chelios is anything BUT a class act.. I respected him when he first came to the Wings but not anymore.. this is just the last straw in a long list of bush league acts by Chelios.. who the f*** cares? I do.. This game is about tradition.. I dont care how badly youve been beaten or disrespected.. you shake hands after a series..

Chris Chelios said he didn't shake hands with the Ducks because he was distraught with losing and didn't want to get emotional. Chelios said it was nothing against the Ducks' players. Chelios did congratulate the Ducks' coaching staff.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0445/1128/rss16

I'd still have preferred he shook hands, but I understand it.

i can not believe there are 9 pages for this. doesnt anyone have anything better to ***** about ? let it go .so what if he didnt shake hands .maybe he had a case of the runs. no one will know until cheli tells us why . personally i dont need a reason . he did it , its done. what salami had to say was more classless then cheli not lining up for the shake .end the thread now please

uh.. no.. this is a huge topic.. he disrespected a major tradition.. without tradition the NHL becomes no better than its trash talking no heart cousin -- the NBA..

to be honest i can't believe this thread is still going. hahahaha

haha blame me :blush: it was pretty dead but I figured I would post what the article had said

Chelios is anything BUT a class act.. I respected him when he first came to the Wings but not anymore.. this is just the last straw in a long list of bush league acts by Chelios.. who the f*** cares? I do.. This game is about tradition.. I dont care how badly youve been beaten or disrespected.. you shake hands after a series..

uh.. no.. this is a huge topic.. he disrespected a major tradition.. without tradition the NHL becomes no better than its trash talking no heart cousin -- the NBA..

you obviously have a lot of reasons that you dont like Chelios, everyone has players they dont like. But I don't think we should be getting upset about one player not shaking the Ducks hands. I would be pretty upset if a majority of the team or the whole team just blew it off, but it was only one guy, and he shook the coaching staffs hands. The tradition wont end just because one guy was feeling too emotional to go through and shake all their hands.

For God sakes guys, just drop it already. This is not a life or death issue. He probably should have shoke their hands, but he didn't. That's just what happened. Let it go.

what else is there to talk about? people just want to drop it cause he's wearing the winged wheel.. had he been wearing a retarded looking D this board would have been all over this for days.. + I'm at home with my pregnant bed ridden wife.. I havent been able to talk about this all week and am just now getting a chance to vent.. let some of us that didnt get to talk about this earlier in the week have our say as well..

what else is there to talk about? people just want to drop it cause he's wearing the winged wheel.. had he been wearing a retarded looking D this board would have been all over this for days.. + I'm at home with my pregnant bed ridden wife.. I havent been able to talk about this all week and am just now getting a chance to vent.. let some of us that didnt get to talk about this earlier in the week have our say as well..

If Pronger would have done it, then yes, I would have been all over it for weeks. I hate Chris Pronger more than any player in the league (though Tootoo is a close second).

I'm just a little suprised that this topic has gone to over 230 responses. But whatever, do what you want then.

you obviously have a lot of reasons that you dont like Chelios, everyone has players they dont like. But I don't think we should be getting upset about one player not shaking the Ducks hands. I would be pretty upset if a majority of the team or the whole team just blew it off, but it was only one guy, and he shook the coaching staffs hands. The tradition wont end just because one guy was feeling too emotional to go through and shake all their hands.

no.. I did like Chris Chelios for a long time.. I like what he does on the ice, not necessarily his views or what he does off the ice.. thats why it bothers me that he did something classless on the ice.. and come on, 'too emotional'? You are one of the most feared warriors in the game.. hockey is a game of emotions.. you have to take the good with the bad and just suck it up...

no.. I did like Chris Chelios for a long time.. I like what he does on the ice, not necessarily his views or what he does off the ice.. thats why it bothers me that he did something classless on the ice.. and come on, 'too emotional'? You are one of the most feared warriors in the game.. hockey is a game of emotions.. you have to take the good with the bad and just suck it up...

I meant that you obviously had issues with him after you said this, "I respected him when he first came to the Wings but not anymore.. this is just the last straw in a long list of bush league acts by Chelios" that it was the last straw in a long list. I figured that meant you had a few issues with the guy. He probably didnt want to be seen on camera getting emotional and figured he would skip it. If anyone could take that liberty I would say it would be Chris Chelios, and I will let him get away with it because I was taught to respect my elders :P . But last time I checked the world didnt end and the sky didnt fall just because he blew off a hand shake

They just talked to Chelios on the news about skipping the handshakes and this is what he said word for word:

"I'm the biggest beleiver in tradition, and showing class, and I'm not giving out an apology, but in all sincerity..I just couldn't. The last 20 seconds of the game realizing that we were about to be knocked out..I was trying to keep it together. No disrespect to the Anaheim organization, or the game, or the tradition of hand shaking, like I said I don't have any regrets, it isn't an apology, it's just an explanation of what happened, and if I could go back and shake all their hands right now I would."

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Tell you what, when the ref isn't looking i'll cheap shot you in the face, maybe try to break your jaw or something, and once you've figured out what's going on it'll be about the time I start drilling lefts into your eye socket. Then i'll tell you that that bundle O joy in your wife's belly isn't yours, it's mine. Or maybe the milkman's. Then maybe i'll spit in your face for good measure.

You still gonna shake my hand?

You have no clue why he didn't shake hands. Darren McCarty didn't shake hands with Claude Lemieux years ago. He shook all the other Aves hand's but not Lemieux. Get it?

Tell you what, when the ref isn't looking i'll cheap shot you in the face, maybe try to break your jaw or something, and once you've figured out what's going on it'll be about the time I start drilling lefts into your eye socket. Then i'll tell you that that bundle O joy in your wife's belly isn't yours, it's mine. Or maybe the milkman's. Then maybe i'll spit in your face for good measure.

You still gonna shake my hand?

You have no clue why he didn't shake hands. Darren McCarty didn't shake hands with Claude Lemieux years ago. He shook all the other Aves hand's but not Lemieux. Get it?

if it was on the ice then yeah I would shake your hand.. and I didnt call McCarty a 'waste of flesh on skates' for nothing.. so what, because Chelios is Wings I'm supposed to give him a break? no.. I'm hockey fan first, wings fan second and I'm not a blind homer..