• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 C

Chelios not shaking hands . . .

Rate this topic

Wow... that's really sad. Great role model for his kids :thumbup:

Like I said if they did not say it on T.V. there would be no dicusion. We don't see how many hands are shaked as their skates are spit on. I have watched the shaking of hands but never had a check list to make sure everbody was there with smiles in there eyes and flowers in their hair. When your the winner, of course you'll be there. On the loosing side, emotions take over, I'm sure he will shake the hands of who he wants to in private a more personal thing. Don't forget a few olympics ago when a young USA team trashed some hotels, I beleive he and a few others paid the bill and had no part in the destruction. Thats a great role model in my eyes. A much more noble thing then shaking hands. I could go on, its all because of certain people and the media that is getting all blown out of shape. ITS HAPPENED BEFORE AND IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN...

a good role model to the kids??? absolutely!!!!! why should a team that embodies everything thats wrong with sports today be respected with a handshake? youre full of s*** or stupid if you cant admit that the Ducks are a classless bunch of goons that dont EVER deserve the cup. the ducks first goal was set up and scored by 2 players who, in my opinion, shouldnt even be playing right now. i love cheering for a team that win or loose is never a tarnish on the league. if anyoe has been around long enough to know when to not shake hands, its Chelios. i gaurantee you that the majority of the redwing roster didnt want to shake hands but bottom line they still have something to loose.......chelli could give half a s*** about what all of you are saying, the man has been through it all. and he acted very appropriatly.

im so damn proud of this team and i cant wait until next year

LETS GO REDWINGS :!: :!: :!:

Amen to that. Don't know, maybe my point of view is too European... Here we shake hands before games, as to wish the other team good luck, not after. Shaking hands with somebody whose guts you hate, and whose ass you've tried to kick through the whole series seems a bit hypocritical.

It I had to teach sportmanship to my kids, I'd teach them to play the game hard but fairly. I would teach them to feel respect (as much as possible), not to pretend respect. But that's just my opinion, and who knows me knows I've never liked formalities.

I don't think that's such a big deal anyway.

Personally I think your "not to pretend respect" comment hits the nail on the head. You're in Italy and I presume Italian...I'm married to an Italian and know all about the respect thing. Chelios is one proud Greek, who are cousins of the Italians. Case closed.

a good role model to the kids??? absolutely!!!!! why should a team that embodies everything thats wrong with sports today be respected with a handshake? youre full of s*** or stupid if you cant admit that the Ducks are a classless bunch of goons that dont EVER deserve the cup. the ducks first goal was set up and scored by 2 players who, in my opinion, shouldnt even be playing right now. i love cheering for a team that win or loose is never a tarnish on the league. if anyoe has been around long enough to know when to not shake hands, its Chelios. i gaurantee you that the majority of the redwing roster didnt want to shake hands but bottom line they still have something to loose.......chelli could give half a s*** about what all of you are saying, the man has been through it all. and he acted very appropriatly.

im so damn proud of this team and i cant wait until next year

LETS GO REDWINGS :!: :!: :!:

Wow. Why shouldn't they be playing right now?

Maybe some of the people posting in this thread aren't old enough to remember how dirty Chelios used to play. Anyone remember the highstick's on Yzerman??

Wow... that's really sad. Great role model for his kids :thumbup:

Then again, maybe the reason is something not fit for kids to hear. Or maybe it's a perfectly legit reason that he did level with his kids about. In any case your dedication to sportsmanship is admirable but you're making a lot of assumptions you have no business making.

The post I agree with the most is Dabura's, however.

Maybe some of the people posting in this thread aren't old enough to remember how dirty Chelios used to play. Anyone remember the highstick's on Yzerman??

Chelios has always been a win at any cost warrior more like the old days...the difference is he still has respect for his opponents and the game in general and doesn't make a mockery of himself off the ice. I certainly won't say he's a saint...anything but, but I also don't think you can really compare the two. Call it subjective, but before he was on the Wings when every Wings fan hated him, I said the same thing and I also wished openly that we would get him someday. I was shocked and overjoyed when it actually happened. But again, like I said, I was saying the same thing when it was cool to hate him in Detroit. He plays hockey like it's a war on and off the ice. He doesn't whine like a ***** when the game's over or when he takes the heat. He just takes it and goes...never stopping...he may be the last old time hockey guy in the league...

why shake someones hand if you dont have any respect for them?? pointless if you ask me... The Ducks showed no sportsmanship all series long.. so why should Chris?

no sportsmanship???? Excluding a pronger hit on holm this series was clean and even. I mean seriously perrys trash talking is light....ive heard worse in a rec league and its part of the game

I like Cheli and think he is a PUNK ASS for not shaking hands.

He should shake hands with some of his team mates after this series.

They were out worked in the last 3 games. Simple.

Tonight was a piss poor effort for a team with their backs against the wall.

I'm old enough, I hated him when he started in the league and then he wentt to one of 2 teams I REALLY dispised him going to chi town or toronto. It took a little while but I accepted him and saw the what he brought to the team he played for. He grew up in chicago, and I'm sure he hated all Detroit teams. Still chose to come here. Look what he endured this year with his resturant, handled that pretty classy. Let it go...

I like Cheli and think he is a PUNK ASS for not shaking hands.

He should shake hands with some of his team mates after this series.

They were out worked in the last 3 games. Simple.

Tonight was a piss poor effort for a team with their backs against the wall.

Absolutely

*sob* sportsmanship. *sob* chelios didn't want to shake the ducks' hands. who cares. They're a team of classless douchebags who took plenty of cheap shots, whined to the media, and lucked into the SCF.

They're lucky he didn't spit on em.

:clap:

first off, no im probably not old enough to remeber "dirty" chelios. but im not a child. im assuming you think im 13 or something but im 25. so lets leave maturity out of this.......we're talking about a 45 yr old for christ sake.

second, if you cant admit that the ducks are a reckless bunch of bafoons then youre out of your mind. do you really think theres a kid out there asking "daddy why is the man whos older than you, not shaking the hands of the dirty players on the other team"???? all the pundits in the media kept saying that the ducks needed to play more disaplined but what none of them understood was that anehiem isnt capable of that. its their game. they play out of their heads agressive and hope that they score enough to offset their senseles penalties.

third, and most importantly, when someone puts on the winged wheel you support them regardless of what your past impressions of them are. if someone is willing to sweat and bleed for us then im behind them 100% no matter what they may have done. case in point.....i hated bertuzzi before he came here..........but i think hes been nothing but classy and like him a lot now. i really hope he gets resigned.

and i hope you get traded

whatever hes a loser anyway

He may be a loser in your world. At least he's not like crissy pronger, 2 steps back and to the right of Chris Chelios. In the ways of the world...Hockey and everyday life...

Edited by Production Line

I really, truly, cannot summon the energy within me to care about this.

:clap: HoH- I'm going to hire you to post for me some day when I'm super rich.

Or maybe kidnap you and force you to type posts while hand-cuffed to a radiator.

It all depends on my financial situation.

first off, no im probably not old enough to remeber "dirty" chelios. but im not a child. im assuming you think im 13 or something but im 25. so lets leave maturity out of this.......we're talking about a 45 yr old for christ sake.

second, if you cant admit that the ducks are a reckless bunch of bafoons then youre out of your mind. do you really think theres a kid out there asking "daddy why is the man whos older than you, not shaking the hands of the dirty players on the other team"???? all the pundits in the media kept saying that the ducks needed to play more disaplined but what none of them understood was that anehiem isnt capable of that. its their game. they play out of their heads agressive and hope that they score enough to offset their senseles penalties.

third, and most importantly, when someone puts on the winged wheel you support them regardless of what your past impressions of them are. if someone is willing to sweat and bleed for us then im behind them 100% no matter what they may have done. case in point.....i hated bertuzzi before he came here..........but i think hes been nothing but classy and like him a lot now. i really hope he gets resigned.

and i hope you get traded

If the wings won this series and someone from the Ducks refused to shake hands.... what would your opinion be then? I am saying that it's classless and unsportsmanlike NOT to shake hands. It's that simple. I guess I was brought up differently.

:clap: HoH- I'm going to hire you to post for me some day when I'm super rich.

Or maybe kidnap you and force you to type posts while hand-cuffed to a radiator.

It all depends on my financial situation.

This is one of the funniest responses I have ever read. Just slightly twisted enough to say... "He's kidding... I think."

no sportsmanship???? Excluding a pronger hit on holm this series was clean and even. I mean seriously perrys trash talking is light....ive heard worse in a rec league and its part of the game

Umm how about that hit in game one that Perry gave him from behind? I think that was a bit dirty, and directed completely at him. If you want to see it and don't beleive me here is the link... youtube

Yeah, I can see him being sore about that one.

If the wings won this series and someone from the Ducks refused to shake hands.... what would your opinion be then? I am saying that it's classless and unsportsmanlike NOT to shake hands. It's that simple. I guess I was brought up differently.

I would not care...I love the tradition. I watch for the maybe the goalies, ex teamates, freinds and coaches to shake hands. Just for the emotion and timing. Whatever sport comes even close to dping somthing like this.

Dude admit it if it was not for the media you never would of known it!!! I knew soon as they said it, that there was gonna be a thread. And DAMN the hockey gods for letting me to be sucked into it...

I don't work today, so I get sucked into stewing about this in differant ways...