• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Congrats to the Ducks

Rate this topic

Maybe I should watch a different sport because YOU don't agree with my logic? Wow. Maybe you need to learn people's opinions vary and that it's going to happen no matter how smart you think you are. Hockey is my life. I live and die with it.

Well then it's time for you to understand it. You are making absolutely no sense.

Maybe I should watch a different sport because YOU don't agree with my logic? Wow. Maybe you need to learn people's opinions vary and that it's going to happen no matter how smart you think you are. Hockey is my life. I live and die with it.

f*** off.

Grow the f*** up.

Hockey is a game.

Build a life for yourself and maybe you will see, that the Wings are in fact fallible.

how old are you 8?

regwinguofmfan I couldn't care one iota what the hell your opinions are...so they don't bother me one bit...

But boy, if you aren't one of the rudest posters on this forum. Take your own advice and grow up...it's a game...no need to act like that...

Well then it's time for you to understand it. You are making absolutely no sense.

What the hell? I have watched hockey since I was a kid. Don't come on here telling me I don't know what Im talking about because YOU don't agree with me, and because I made a mistake with games due to my freaking head pounding the hell outta me, and being upset over this loss. I've been on these boards forever, and I can assure you that no one on here has a problem with me or my hockey knowledge.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

What the hell? I have watched hockey since I was a kid. Don't come on here telling me I don't know what Im talking about because YOU don't agree with me, and because I made a mistake with games due to my freaking head pounding the hell outta me, and being upset over this loss. I've been on these boards forever, and I can assure you that no one on here has a problem with me or my hockey knowledge.

Good grief. That's not what I meant. I'm sure you know the rules of hockey very well. I'm talking about how the game is played and that it only takes a second to score a goal. If you don't play 60 minutes of hockey and lose, you DON'T deserve to win. The Ducks deserved this series. They capitalized on the Wings mistakes.

Offisides its mutual.

I dont care what you have to say.

Hockey is a sport that some of your dont get.

Just because you are Wings fans doesnt mean a whole lot.

I dont need or want your respect.

You defending someone living and dieing with hockey a hockey team shows in fact how lame you are.

Edited by regwinguofmfan

:) I'm smiling because I know something you don't....I am not left handed.

For someone who doesn't care about hockey, you sure have a lot to say.

Good then take your right hand and shove it up your ass.

I love hockey but Ill live on tomorrow.

I opened this thread with high expectations and was disappointed.

Red wings played great. Dats and Zett are truly unbelievable and i enjoy watching them play so for you guys to watch them year around must be a gift.

Say whatever you want, call us goons, blame giggys pads, say the refs rigged the game, we got lucky and whatever else i missed

The point is ducks did what it took to win. I know how it feels to feel you outplayed and still lose (see edmonton series last year)

You guys have a great team with promise to become even better. I can even see a rematch next year but the bottom line is series is over and we need to do our own handshake as fans.

Best. Post. from a Duck Fan. Ever.

(but then what do I know, I've only been here 2 weeks-- but don't you DARE call me a bandwagoner, II was there for the heartbreak in 95!)

Well, my best friend, a Sabs fan (hates Wings except StevieY), has been hoping Dux would win, so they could put some of the same dirty hurting on Sens that OTT did to Buf (see the boarding noncall on Alfy v. Tallinder).

Don't worry, Dux got it in the bag. Mark my words, and I WILL eat crow w/ catsup:

DUX over SENS in 7. In OT.

And Grapes will stroke out. :unsure:

regwinguofmfan, You are such an intelligent poster :wub:

Best. Post. from a Duck Fan. Ever.

(but then what do I know, I've only been here 2 weeks-- but don't you DARE call me a bandwagoner, II was there for the heartbreak in 95!)

Well, my best friend, a Sabs fan (hates Wings except StevieY), has been hoping Dux would win, so they could put some of the same dirty hurting on Sens that OTT did to Buf (see the boarding noncall on Alfy v. Tallinder).

Don't worry, Dux got it in the bag. Mark my words, and I WILL eat crow w/ catsup:

DUX over SENS in 7. In OT.

And Grapes will stroke out. :unsure:

I guess I'm a little confused because Ottawa killed the Sabres while Ducks migh've comeout the loser of this series. How do you think the Ducks will win. Also...don't you remember all the dirty things the Ducks did? Or is this something that I've made up in my mind? Why do you want the Ducks to do well...you'd want Pronger lifting the Cup...ew.

Thank God I think Ottawa will win.

regwinguofmfan, You are such an intelligent poster :wub:

I guess I'm a little confused because Ottawa killed the Sabres while Ducks migh've comeout the loser of this series. How do you think the Ducks will win. Also...don't you remember all the dirty things the Ducks did? Or is this something that I've made up in my mind? Why do you want the Ducks to do well...you'd want Pronger lifting the Cup...ew.Thank God I think Ottawa will win.

Ew is probably the best way to describe it :P I really want Teemu to hoist the cup, but not badly enough to see Pronger do it too. Now if Pronger were to disappear at some point between now and the last game of the SCFs, I'd have no problem with the Ducks winning really.

And as for congratulating the Ducks, I will congratulate them for their win tonight. They brought it and outplayed the Wings for the 1st 40 minutes, and deserved this game. They did NOT deserve the series. The bounces and calls in general went their way. That's hockey though, and I can live with it, especially since the Wings didn't just roll over and take it, they played their asses off through most of this series.

So in conclusion, great season Wings, and Chris Pronger needs to go drink an AIDS smoothie.

Congrats to the Ducks indeed. Minus Chris Pronger and Brian Burke, I got no ill will towards the Ducks. No ill will towards Giguere either, it gets a little irritating seeing people make fun of his equipment and what not. He's a solid goalie who stole two of these wins for the Ducks. All of us need to get over ourselves with the anti-Giguere bias. The Wings outplayed them in games 4 and 5, but sorry fans, the Ducks did deserve to go to the finals. The Wings might have had more chances, but they didn't do quite enough with them, while the Ducks did just enough with the fewer chances they had,

IMO, the Ducks outplayed the Wings in games 1, 2, and 6. They did it with a lot of running the goalie, some cheapshots here and there -Pronger, and more lucky bounces then we had. I think the WIngs were the better team, but just couldn't finish. Especially in OT.

The Ducks did finish, and Giggy was very strong. Beyond that..

I look forward to the Senators owning them next round.

I think the Ducks were better in games #1 and #6, #2 I thought was pretty even, and the Wings dominated #3,#4 and #5, only to lose 2-of-those-3 games. The better team does not always win, and I feel it held true in this series, but that is sports....as the better team does not always move on. Hats off to Gigure...he is just a rock solid goalie.

Guest micah

Congrats on a great series win, Ducks. I'm pulling for you guys to win the Cup. Thanks for showing the entire league that hardnosed hockey is not completely a thing of the past and that tough guys are not obsloete, and that they do not have to be liabilities. Good luck w/ the cup.

Thank-you wings for another great year of hockey. It was fun, I'm very sad to see it end but it was a good run. I'm already looking forward to next year.

I am of the belief that sticking up for eachother all year long builds a bond that makes a great playoff intangiable that cannot be forged any other way. Being surrounded by a bunch of "teamates" that do not have your back and will not stick up for you can't be a good feeling. Anaheim forged a great squad this year the old-fashioned way, with tough play and bloody noses, and now they are reaping the rewards.

They had more fights than they had games this year, and that builds character. They weren't the Flyers of the '70s, they didn't goon it up - they just stuck up forthemselvces and for eachother like grown men should. Great teams are families and it is never okay to let someone get away with ******* with your family. I hope we're taking notes.

They didnt deserve , we deserved it , thye earned it.

I hate how the posts dont like us.

And , Lilja's turnover is probably my most vivid picture of this series. Gotta say .... He ruined our chances right then and there.

And good luck Aniheim , you'll need luck to beat the Sens more then once

To the classy posters on here (I'm ignoring the idiots), thank you for the congratulations. I have to admit, I under-estimated the Wings coming into the play-offs, but after you guys took out the Sharks, I started to worry. The WCF was well matched and, on the whole, a good series.

I'd wish you good luck in the future, but to be honest, I don't really want to meet you guys in the play-offs again!

Thanks for a great series. See you next year.

yep. congrats for a tough victory. they were, overall, the better team, although I think my Wings were more hungry and played with more heart. to bad they couldn't advance

see you next season. am not gonna root for the Ducks in SCF, but they nevertheless won a lot of respect this year

yep. congrats for a tough victory. they were, overall, the better team, although I think my Wings were more hungry and played with more heart. to bad they couldn't advance

see you next season. am not gonna root for the Ducks in SCF, but they nevertheless won a lot of respect this year

That's okay - I wouldn't have rooted for the Wings if they had won the series! :D

Randy Carlyle won this series. I honestly think the only reason the Ducks won was because of him. Just think back at how many goals the Ducks scored right on Hasek's doorstep. Neither Calgary or San Jose was willing to do what the Ducks did. We gave up a lot of goals that were dug out from Hasek's snow angel or slipped underneath him. That and bounces (which every Stanley Cup winner needs) was the difference. The Ducks really drove to Hasek and the Wings paid big time. Yes the Wings played very well and this series easily could have been 4-2 Detroit but the difference was very slight.

I think this is why I am not that pissed today about the loss. Plus that 3rd was the best period I think I've ever watched.

Good then take your right hand and shove it up your ass.

I love hockey but Ill live on tomorrow.

This is a Hockey board to talk about Hockey . Stop insulting other poster's . I know everybody has an opinion but you've took it too far.

GAME SET MATCH! GOOD NIGHT NOW!

How you doing Spam ??? :D I've not heard from you for a while , how did the Sharks get on last night?!?!? :P

Good luck to the ducks, they earned it.

Game 4 was the turning point.

Good luck in the Cup, bring the cup back to the west.

Chris pronger I hate you, so I hope you somehow lose feeling in both arms and cant hoist the cup.

well said my friend.