• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Congrats to the Ducks

Rate this topic

Among all of the "Congrats, Wings! Thanks for a great season!" threads, I see nothing congratulating the team that brought this "great sesaon" to an end. Anaheim DID deserve this series- they won four games, Detroit won two. Giguere played a great series, and Anaheim virtually eliminated Z and Dats on the scoresheet (in ANH) until Game 6, when it was too late anyway.

THIS is what we should be using our congratulations on, not another series blown by our boys in red and white. I won't be cheering for Anaheim in the finals, but certainly commend them for playing a great series against the Wings.

Edited by MotownIce

Among all of the "Congrats, Wings! Thanks for a great season!" threads, I see nothing congratulating the team that brought this "great sesaon" to an end. Anaheim DID deserve this series- they won four games, Detroit won two. Giguere played a great series, and Anaheim virtually eliminated Z and Dats on the scoresheet (in ANH) until Game 6, when it was too late anyway.

THIS is what we should be using our congratulations on, not another series blown by our boys in red and white. I won't be cheering for Anaheim in the finals, but certainly commend them for playing a great series against the Wings.

It was a helluva season by the Wings, but the Ducks took advantage of their opportunities. I'll be rooting for the Sens in the Finals, but the Ducks did play well. And I still hate them.

Talk about homers. Anything else while we're at it? How about this too then:

Bertuzzi deserved to score 12 goals, Lang deserved to be +10 with 0 turnovers, Hasek deserved to have a shutout in every game, Lidstrom deserved to score on all 3 5on3's! WINGZ RULZ OMG!!!

You people are absurd. Detroit lost, Anaheim won, the outcome was well deserved.

Typically, I would agree with you, however, in this case, I really don't think the Ducks deserve it. They played classless hockey, whined a lot and got a lot of really lucky breaks...they stole game 5...well, them and the refs...I commend them for finishing as it says something, but I don't think they were the better team overall in this series and they're certainly not better hockey players and men. Again, typically, I'm all for recognizing the reality in these situations, but the reality this year is a bitter pill to swallow and much like Chelios in that he didn't shake their hands (I'm obviously inserting my own interpretation here on that...) I'm not about to congratulate them and give them props. I hope they get pounded. I could care less that they beat the Wings. If I watched them play this kind of hockey against any team and pull all their stunts, I'd be saying the same thing.

we outplayed them. they needed non calls and push in goals. they gooned it up from the first 5 min of the series with mcdonald shamelessly facewashing our goalie, to everything thereafter.

i'll put it this way-i'd rather have calgary in the cup than them. at least their front office didn't act like the ducks

oh dear, you just reminded me how much I despise Burke. And his band of feathered cheapshot artists. Go, Sens, GO!!!

F, you might get your posts deleted a lot, but you tell the truth in spite of it all.

I congratulate the Ducks fans for having the opportunity to watch their team in the Stanley Cup Finals; since it's happened to me four times since I'm a Wing fan, I know the feeling and I friendly envy them. I really find it hard to congratuate the team, though; I think hockey deserves better. Kudos to Giguere, anyway! :clap:

Bertuzzi deserved to score 12 goals, Lang deserved to be +10 with 0 turnovers, Hasek deserved to have a shutout in every game, Lidstrom deserved to score on all 3 5on3's! WINGZ RULZ OMG!!!

You people are absurd. Detroit lost, Anaheim won, the outcome was well deserved.

I'm seriously having doubts about if you really are a Red Wings fan??? either that or you just REALLY need to calm down.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Ducks deserved this series. They took advantage of our mistakes. Some of you have said that the refs gave them game 5. Is that why we had 2 5 on 3's and didn't capitalize??

I agree. If the Wings "deserved" this series.. they would have won it!!

It's sad that there are so many wings fans on here that can't give credit when credit is due!

Maybe people need to sleep on it. I know it hurts bad that the Wings were eliminated... but c'mon people.

IMO, the Ducks outplayed the Wings in games 1, 2, and 6. They did it with a lot of running the goalie, some cheapshots here and there -Pronger, and more lucky bounces then we had. I think the WIngs were the better team, but just couldn't finish. Especially in OT.

The Ducks did finish, and Giggy was very strong. Beyond that..

I look forward to the Senators owning them next round.

I'm seriously having doubts about if you really are a Red Wings fan??? either that or you just REALLY need to calm down.

Yeah, just because I don't blindly congratulate the wings on another failed playoff run, I'm not a fan! The Ducks are cheaters? Listen to you people. Detroit was what, 0/10 on the PP in games 5 + 6 until the 3rd period tonight (Including 3 5 on 3's). Did ANH's PK cheat too?

II think I'm going to the Sens thread, nyself,

But I CAN post something nice about the Dux. My best friend, a Sabs fan and a self-professed WingHater (yes, I really need to hang out with a classier group of people heh) has been hoping for a Dux/Sens final all along -- she wants to see the Dux bring the big brutal to the Sens the way they did to BUF

Scripte:d The Real World: USA (Cali/Disney) against Canada.

Well, at least I get t watch it on CBC. Grapes is sure to wear something outrageous, snd that alone is worth the price of admission.

Guest jaytan

I'm sick of losing, but we couldn't lose to a better tean. Congrats to Burke and his boys, and best of luck against the Sens.... It hurts, but Anaheim was the better team and they earned the West.

Yeah, just because I don't blindly congratulate the wings on another failed playoff run, I'm not a fan! The Ducks are cheaters? Listen to you people. Detroit was what, 0/10 on the PP in games 5 + 6 until the 3rd period tonight (Including 3 5 on 3's). Did ANH's PK cheat too?

You bring up special teams as if Anaheim did any better. They were brutal. The only thing that saved them was their fluke goals and bounces.

Please count how many times the Wings hit the post in the last three games. Easily about 6 or 7. Then to be up 1-0, and get a HORRID call on Datsyuk, and then them tying it up with 40 seconds off a bounce. It's called luck. That's just the way it's gone for the Ducks. Don't give us this crap about them deserving it. Congrats to them for winning, but in no way did they outplay the Wings in this series. No way, and they know it.

I opened this thread with high expectations and was disappointed.

Red wings played great. Dats and Zett are truly unbelievable and i enjoy watching them play so for you guys to watch them year around must be a gift.

Say whatever you want, call us goons, blame giggys pads, say the refs rigged the game, we got lucky and whatever else i missed

The point is ducks did what it took to win. I know how it feels to feel you outplayed and still lose (see edmonton series last year)

You guys have a great team with promise to become even better. I can even see a rematch next year but the bottom line is series is over and we need to do our own handshake as fans.

You bring up special teams as if Anaheim did any better. They were brutal. The only thing that saved them was their fluke goals and bounces.

Please count how many times the Wings hit the post in the last three games. Easily about 6 or 7. Then to be up 1-0, and get a HORRID call on Datsyuk, and then them tying it up with 40 seconds off a bounce. It's called luck. That's just the way it's gone for the Ducks. Don't give us this crap about them deserving it. Congrats to them for winning, but in no way did they outplay the Wings in this series. No way, and they know it.

Do you think the Wings deserved to win game 1?

Congrats to the Ducks and their fans. And enough of this crap about how dirty they are. Come on, people. This series doesn't even move the needle on the dirty meter. Outside of the Pronger-Homer thing, this was a remarkably clean series.