• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Congrats to the Ducks

Rate this topic

I opened this thread with high expectations and was disappointed.

Red wings played great. Dats and Zett are truly unbelievable and i enjoy watching them play so for you guys to watch them year around must be a gift.

Say whatever you want, call us goons, blame giggys pads, say the refs rigged the game, we got lucky and whatever else i missed

The point is ducks did what it took to win. I know how it feels to feel you outplayed and still lose (see edmonton series last year)

You guys have a great team with promise to become even better. I can even see a rematch next year but the bottom line is series is over and we need to do our own handshake as fans.

That's perfectly fine. Congrats to you, and your team.

Yeah, just because I don't blindly congratulate the wings on another failed playoff run, I'm not a fan! The Ducks are cheaters? Listen to you people. Detroit was what, 0/10 on the PP in games 5 + 6 until the 3rd period tonight (Including 3 5 on 3's). Did ANH's PK cheat too?

Naaaa, that was the refs :P , who gave us the penalties in the first place. :angry: Sorry for questioning your loyalty to the Wings . I just don't understand all the love your showing for the Ducks. In my opinion in the series overall the Wings deserved to win , sure in game 6 the Duck may have had a slight upperhand but there where also some absolutely rediculous calls in those game's.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Honestly? No. Just like I bet the Ducks believe they shouldn't have won Game 4 or 5.

They very much deserved to win game 5. The wings played a great 59 minutes of hockey. That isn't good enough to win. The ducks outplayed the Wings and scored goals when they needed to. Plain and simple.

Congrats to the Ducks and their fans. And enough of this crap about how dirty they are. Come on, people. This series doesn't even move the needle on the dirty meter. Outside of the Pronger-Homer thing, this was a remarkably clean series.

I completely agree. Especially after such a chippy/dirty Calgary series.

This series was cleaner than I thought it would be.... especially with Anaheim leading the league in fighting majors

They very much deserved to win game 5. The wings played a great 59 minutes of hockey. That isn't good enough to win. The ducks outplayed the Wings and scored goals when they needed to. Plain and simple.

Right. So playing 59 outta 60 minutes of dominant hockey isn't good enough due to 40 seconds of luck. Yeah, right on.

59 minutes > 40 seconds.

The Wings got screwed over in that game. Big time.

And Good luck to your team next year.....a big off season aquisition(sp?) for the wings would scare the poo outta me

Perhaps a 100% healthy Bert will be all the Wings need.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Right. So playing 59 outta 60 minutes of dominant hockey isn't good enough due to 40 seconds of luck. Yeah, right on.

59 minutes > 40 seconds.

The Wings got screwed over in that game. Big time.

Perhaps a 100% healthy Bert will be all the Wings need.

dude get over it. The fact that the "lucky" goal happened doesnt mean that the red wings didn't put it away when they had the chance. They had a 2nd period full of opportunites to get up by 2 goals or more. And our 2 goals were both just taking advantage of two preventable red wings mistakes

59 minutes > 40 seconds.

OMG!!! That is the great thing about hockey! Did you not see the giveaway to lead to Teemu's goal??? How is that not deserved??? If the Wings capitalized on something like that would you say the Wings didn't deserve it? Come on....

That's not the point. Ducks aren't even the point of this thread. It was started plain and simply...not to give credit to the Ducks, but to bash the Wings.

Ducks fans should not even come here looking to be congratulated because this thread is a false pretense.

Edited by Offsides

OMG!!! That is the great thing about hockey! Did you not see the giveaway to lead to Teemu's goal??? How is that not deserved??? If the Wings capitalized on something like that would you say the Wings didn't deserve it? Come on....

Was I talking about OT? The whole point is the game should have never gone beyond the third period. The Wings had it in the bag.

We'll have to agree to disagree or else we can debate about this all night.

That's not the point. Ducks aren't even the point of this thread. It was started plain and simply...not to give credit to the Ducks, but to bash the Wings.

this thread was made to congratulate the ducks... not bash on them

I think the Schneider injury did us in...the powerplay went to s*** after he went down. God help the Ducks if it had been him out there instead of worthless Samuelsson.

But hey, that's hockey. You have to play through injuries and the Wings couldn't get it done without him. The Ducks are extremely good at capitalizing on mistakes and burying chances, something the Wings didn't have an answer for. They deserved the win.

this thread was made to congratulate the ducks... not bash on them

No, it's made to bash the Wings in disguise. Read any one of MotownIce's posts in ANY thread.

dude get over it. The fact that the "lucky" goal happened doesnt mean that the red wings didn't put it away when they had the chance. They had a 2nd period full of opportunites to get up by 2 goals or more. And our 2 goals were both just taking advantage of two preventable red wings mistakes

First off, I am a gal, not a dude.

Secondly, I gave the Ducks credit tonight did I not? Leave it at that. I'm done arguing. I think the Wings deserved Game 5 and that's that.

Was I talking about OT? The whole point is the game should have never gone beyond the third period. The Wings had it in the bag.

We'll have to agree to disagree or else we can debate about this all night.

In order to talk about a game... you have to talk about the whole game. The Ducks won in OT... they took advantage of our mistakes. That means they didn't deserve the win? That is absurd.

You know.... you're not less of a wings fan if you admit the Wings didn't deserve to win. The ducks scored when they had to... if the Wings deserved to win this series they would have won. They couldn't get it done. It's very simple.

Secondly, I gave the Ducks credit tonight did I not? Leave it at that. I'm done arguing. I think the Wings deserved Game 5 and that's that.

You said that the Wings didn't deserve game 1 and the ducks didn't deserve game 5. Do the math... the ducks still win the series

No, it's made to bash the Wings in disguise. Read any one of MotownIce's posts in ANY thread.

Sorry.... I thought this thread was meant to be genuine. I'm not aware of motownice. I just didn't think it was appropriate for people to take away from the Ducks win in this thread.... there are other threads for that. I didn't realize that this was a wings bash a thon thread. :blink:

In order to talk about a game... you have to talk about the whole game. The Ducks won in OT... they took advantage of our mistakes. That means they didn't deserve the win? That is absurd.

You know.... you're not less of a wings fan if you admit the Wings didn't deserve to win. The ducks scored when they had to... if the Wings deserved to win this series they would have won. They couldn't get it done. It's very simple.

You said that the Wings didn't deserve game 1 and the ducks didn't deserve game 5. Do the math... the ducks still win the series

That is complete BS. There are several times during a season or playoffs where the better team loses the game. I can't even count how many times the Wings completely dominated teams during the season or vice versa and the one that played like crap had the bounces go their way and ended up winning.

Ducks were the better team in Game 1 but Wings win

Even play iin Game 2 Ducks win

Wings were better in Game 3 Wings win

Wings were betting in Game 4 Ducks win

Wings were better in Game 5 Wings win

Ducks were better in Game 6 Ducks win

YOU do the math.

The better team doesn't always go on to win.

EDIT for not being clear enough and mistakes.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Ok first off im sorry for calling you a dude....

AND i think the the wings deserved to win (if not for giggy), but with giggy it deserved to go to OT and the Ducks earned the win by playing better in OT

Im just stating an opinion and now ill get bashed probly, But Great series, Great Team, and i look forward to next season and playing the wings once again

That is complete BS. There are several times during a season or playoffs where the better team loses the game. I can't even count how many times the Wings completely dominated teams during the season or vice versa and the one that played like crap had the bounces go their way and ended up winning.

Ducks were the better team in Game 1

Even in Game 2 with the Wings winning

Wings were better in Game 3

Wings were betting in Game 4

Wings were better in Game 5

Ducks were better in Game 6

YOU do the math.

OK how are they even with the wings winning??? then they wouldn't be even. With your logic i believe we should be heading back to joe for a Game 7.

AND i think the the wings deserved to win (if not for giggy), but with giggy it deserved to go to OT and the Ducks earned the win by playing better in OT

Im just stating an opinion and now ill get bashed probly, But Great series, Great Team, and i look forward to next season and playing the wings once again

I'm not one to bash posters.

You have your opinions, I have mine. We just disagree and that's perfectly normal.

YOU do the math.

I really don't understand your logic. Maybe you should watch a different sport.

OK how are they even with the wings winning??? then they wouldn't be even. With your logic i believe we should be heading back to joe for a Game 7.

Wow I am completely out of it. My bad. I completely forgot the Ducks won Game 2. My head really does hurt. Yikes.

Yeah..well then Game 7 it is.

YOU do the math.

You cant be this stupid can you?

I really don't understand your logic. Maybe you should watch a different sport.

Maybe I should watch a different sport because YOU don't agree with my logic? Wow. Maybe you need to learn people's opinions vary and that it's going to happen no matter how smart you think you are. Hockey is my life. I live and die with it.

Why are you so rude, regwinguofmfan??? Seriously?

--------------------------

As to the topic at hand...sure congrats to the Ducks. But I can't really wish you guys well, and I still hold a lot of ill will towards Pronger, and that hit on Holmstrom, and the way many fans acted. Not specifically you guys...just saying in general.