• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Free Agent Names to Look At

Rate this topic

Selanne, Giguere, Kozlov, Tkachuk, McCarty, Hamrlik, Arnason, Brisebois, Sykora, Backstrom, Bulis, Smolinski, Sopel, Nagy, Sydor, Joseph, Guerin, Rivet, Handzus, Berard, Kariya, Hartnell, Forsberg, Nichol, Timonen, Dvorak, Briere, Drury, Zubrus, Souray, Markov, Aebischer, Comrie, Preissing, Peca, Antropov, Gomez, Rafalski, Blake, Smyth, Poti, Shanahan, Esche, Walker, Vasicek, Carter, Stumpel, Fedotenko, Sarich, Perreault.

The bolded ones are the ones I like.

Guest Agalloch

Wtf @ people saying Hartnell. The guy is the biggest douchebag on the planet.

Although it'd never happen, and I'm sure most people don't want him anyway, could you imagine having Zetterberg and Forsberg on the same line? Two nearly identical/amazing players. I think I'd die out of happiness if we ever got him.

But, he's too injury prone, expensive, and this is probably the last place he'd want to play anyway.

Guest Agalloch

And we would all love him if he became a Wing.

Douchebag or not, the guy would do wonders for this team. IMHO.

No, I'm sorry, but Hartnell is one of the few guys that I truly never want to see come close to a Wings uniform. His knee-to-knee hits and constant cheapshotting don't belong in the game. I hope he goes to the East so we don't have to deal with him anymore.

If you want to talk about other cheapshotting douchebags, one that I would want to see as a Red Wing is Iginla. But that's obviously never going to happen either.

why dont most of you guys want to resign shneids, that guys great

Most people would prefer Souray because Souray will drop the gloves.

In my opinion, I'd rather keep Schneider. Souray is hot-headed, takes bad penalties, and is one of the worst defensive players in the game. He makes Bryan McCabe look like a good shut-down defenseman.

I think bringing Selanne in would be a good move. First of all he would add a bit of offensive talent and possibly the missing piece to our powerplay. The second reason, and a reason he stands out to me rather than others at his calibur, would be for Filpulla. He looks like he could be a star one day, and with Selanne mentoring him (Both Finnish) I think he could learn a lot. We kind of did the same thing having Datsuk and Larionov, and I think that was a large part of Datsyuks development.

Don't resign Calder or Bertuzzi

Why not?

No, I'm sorry, but Hartnell is one of the few guys that I truly never want to see come close to a Wings uniform. His knee-to-knee hits and constant cheapshotting don't belong in the game. I hope he goes to the East so we don't have to deal with him anymore.

If you want to talk about other cheapshotting douchebags, one that I would want to see as a Red Wing is Iginla. But that's obviously never going to happen either.

I agree. If Hartnell ever became a Wing..I don't know what I'd do.

Guest Agalloch

I think bringing Selanne in would be a good move. First of all he would add a bit of offensive talent and possibly the missing piece to our powerplay. The second reason, and a reason he stands out to me rather than others at his calibur, would be for Filpulla. He looks like he could be a star one day, and with Selanne mentoring him (Both Finnish) I think he could learn a lot. We kind of did the same thing having Datsuk and Larionov, and I think that was a large part of Datsyuks development.

Aren't Filppula and Selanne already like, best friends? Either way, I'm pretty sure Selanne is going nowhere. The Ducks definitely could afford to lose him though, with Bobby Ryan coming in.

with Nashville Hartnell is a bastarrd and douchebag.

but with Wings you sure like hell bet he'll be a gritty, mean enforcer. just like Maltby isn't an a$$hole but a guy with ability to get other team off its game :) you know... a matter of perspective.

the way players act often depends on what their coaches want to. under Trotz many players turned to s***ty play.

now Hartnell is a presence and could bring a lot of usefull toughness to the Wings. I mean not just mean play, but also some offensive skills. if it doesn't come overly expensive I'd say: why not? that's the type of player we could certainly use.

still, Blake wins my vote here. tough, can play pretty nasty, but has very good offensive skills and brings some leadership. I'd most certainly welcome him in Winged Wheel

Guest Agalloch

with Nashville Hartnell is a bastarrd and douchebag.

but with Wings you sure like hell bet he'll be a gritty, mean enforcer. just like Maltby isn't an a$$hole but a guy with ability to get other team off its game :) you know... a matter of perspective.

the way players act often depends on what their coaches want to. under Trotz many players turned to s***ty play.

now Hartnell is a presence and could bring a lot of usefull toughness to the Wings. I mean not just mean play, but also some offensive skills. if it doesn't come overly expensive I'd say: why not? that's the type of player we could certainly use.

still, Blake wins my vote here. tough, can play pretty nasty, but has very good offensive skills and brings some leadership. I'd most certainly welcome him in Winged Wheel

There's one major difference between Maltby and Hartnell: Maltby doesn't try to injure people.

I agree. If Hartnell ever became a Wing..I don't know what I'd do.

that was my thought about Bertuzzi for some years.

then it happened, and seeing the fact that he does improve my team and gives it a better shot on winning something... you just suck up the animosity. I still don't like Bertuzzi, but am all for Wings resigning him. it's just: the team above single players

There's one major difference between Maltby and Hartnell: Maltby doesn't try to injure people.

agreed. but you can't say for sure Maltby would not be an ******* if he played under guys

like Trotz or god forbid Crawford.

I'm not comparing these two, though. just trying to put things in some perspective

Edited by akustyk

Oh please, enough already. The Wings aren't exactly strangers to this kind of player. And I agree with akustyk -- if you play under Trotz, you play a mean brand of hockey. I highly doubt he'd be headhunting as a Wing.

Guest jaytan

Selanne, Giguere, Kozlov, Tkachuk, McCarty, Hamrlik, Arnason, Brisebois, Sykora, Backstrom, Bulis, Smolinski, Sopel, Nagy, Sydor, Joseph, Guerin, Rivet, Handzus, Berard, Kariya, Hartnell, Forsberg, Nichol, Timonen, Dvorak, Briere, Drury, Zubrus, Souray, Markov, Aebischer, Comrie, Preissing, Peca, Antropov, Gomez, Rafalski, Blake, Smyth, Poti, Shanahan, Esche, Walker, Vasicek, Carter, Stumpel, Fedotenko, Sarich, Perreault.

Forsberg. :lol: No, I'd rather die.

I don't know if we can afford any free agents after we ink Bert (shouldn't have signed Datsyuk), but if we can budget it, I think Billy Guerin or Mike Peca could help us out. Maybe bring Rafalski home for some depth at the blue line... Smyth, wow!

Hartnell and Jason Blake

Blake is a cancer. Pass.

I have mixed feelings about the whole Hartnell thing. Obviously, the guy is a dirty bastard and goes out of his way to injure people. Then again, he might be doing that because, as Peter Weber would say, that's is Predators hockey. Maybe he won't be that way if he played for another team.

His ability to score goals, play physical, and fight is a can't miss. The only problem is he is a dirty player. That, and the fact that Fischer still hangs around the locker room, means it might not be a good idea to sign him. We'll see what happens I guess.

For some reason i kind of want Peca. Him and Sydor would be nice, realistic additions.

I would never sign Peca for the ridiculous amount the Leafs gave him this year. Maybe if he came cheap he'd be a nice fit, since he is a good leader, but again, it would have to be for cheap.

I think Sykora would be nice for the price, he has Awesome talent and would be fairly cheap, put him with Dats and good things would happen

Sopel would be a cheaper alternative to Schneiders spot, he has a good shot, maybe a little better defensively

(I still say sign schneider)