• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Who Else is Having Trouble Here?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I'm finding it difficult to shake this loss.. I know it'll take time, but eh... I don't really feel like going to sleep. Anyone else?

Group hug.. I suppose we are the diehards.

I'm finding it difficult to shake this loss.. I know it'll take time, but eh... I don't really feel like going to sleep. Anyone else?

Group hug.. I suppose we are the diehards.

Hang in there. You guys had a tough series with before taking on the Ducks and were stretched. You had injuries. A couple of those games where you outplay your opponent and still lose will take its toll and the Wings came out looking pretty bad for 40 minutes tonight. They came alive in the 3rd but too little too late. Frustration, fatigue, and a tough team spelled doom. They gave it a great shot but I think losing the last two after outplaying the Ducks took a lot of heart out of them.

Coupled with the fact that I'm sick, I just can't sleep after this one. It's a different kind of sadness than other losses though, I just felt so bad after recent losses, especially Calgary for some reason. I know it's not just because this one was in the WCF instead of the WCQF, I think it has more to do with the fact that the series ended on a seriously positive note for this team.

Guest Crymson

Hang in there. You guys had a tough series with before taking on the Ducks and were stretched. You had injuries. A couple of those games where you outplay your opponent and still lose will take its toll and the Wings came out looking pretty bad for 40 minutes tonight. They came alive in the 3rd but too little too late. Frustration, fatigue, and a tough team spelled doom. They gave it a great shot but I think losing the last two after outplaying the Ducks took a lot of heart out of them.

I appreciate the sentiments.. It just feels like I've lost a little piece of me. I know it'll be gone, and we'll be to next season before we know it.. but it's the first part that's hard to take, where one really feels the absence. It's odd knowing that the next series won't include the Wings.. it's like a blank spot on my schedule where something should be.

It was much, MUCH worse last year, that's for sure. I didn't want to talk to anyone for days.

I appreciate the sentiments.. It just feels like I've lost a little piece of me. I know it'll be gone, and we'll be to next season before we know it.. but it's the first part that's hard to take, where one really feels the absence. It's odd knowing that the next series won't include the Wings.. it's like a blank spot on my schedule where something should be.

It was much, MUCH worse last year, that's for sure. I didn't want to talk to anyone for days.

I hear ya. I wrestled with the same thing when I saw just how tough the Wings played the Ducks. Had the Ducks lost, I really wouldve had a big hole in my schedule considering what I do for a living.

I hear ya. I wrestled with the same thing when I saw just how tough the Wings played the Ducks. Had the Ducks lost, I really wouldve had a big hole in my schedule considering what I do for a living.

You're a really decent guy, Getzlaf. Good to see some cool ducks fans out there.

Im still up..and about 128% into a bottle of whiskey..figure that math out...I feel good about this team, the desire to play hard until the end is very promising and I don't think we need that much re-tooling to make another strong run next year!!

Im still up..and about 128% into a bottle of whiskey..figure that math out...I feel good about this team, the desire to play hard until the end is very promising and I don't think we need that much re-tooling to make another strong run next year!!

Does that mean you've started to eat the glass? :P

@ work so i'm still up...was very hard comming in here and being polite to ppl when all i want to do is either hit somthing or cry...don't know which yet.. :angry: ..the guys played their hearts out this season and will be back next

*shrug*

:blush:

Does that mean you've started to eat the glass? :P

:lol: nope..just started another bottle..and on that note I think I will sign off for a couple of weeks to let the s*** storm and trolling season settle around here and then get back for some off season talk!!

:lol: nope..just started another bottle..and on that note I think I will sign off for a couple of weeks to let the s*** storm and trolling season settle around here and then get back for some off season talk!!

That, or help us combat the trolling season. I think this year I will let my aggrestions out on the keyboard. hehe.

That, or help us combat the trolling season. I think this year I will let my aggrestions out on the keyboard. hehe.

I've pretty much disappeared the past couple off-seasons too, but I plan on sticking around this one. It seems like this one should be a little tamer than usual given the sentiment thus far.

I am obviously disappointed, but the last few years were worse. Just getting to the WCF helped make it easier to swallow than recent seasons. The fact that all season long we have faced more adversity I think made us a strong team and I agree with the statement that only minor changes are needed to keep us competitive next year.

Most importantly though in the 3rd we finally showed our heart. You couldn't ask them to do more to pull out a comeback than what they did. You may as well go out in a blaze of glory and they were burning down the Honda Center. You can't tell me that the majority of that crowd and even the Duck roster weren't near crapping their pants for the last 5 minutes of that game. I needed the moral support more after game 5. If that was the series clincher I'd still be pissed off. I probably would have broken the remote control if that was the end. Oh, and Anaheim didn't goon it up, that helped.

There's some regret about today's "too little too late" performance but the flipside is you could put that 3rd period in the dictionary as a definition for "perserverence," "heart," "commitment," "fortitude," and the like. They were accountable, opportunistic, teamwork was at a premium, and they played with real desire. That period should rank up there as one of the best efforts for 20 minutes from any team for this entire playoffs. I take a lot from that and it helps me cope with the actual loss.

I am having trouble sleeping... it's 2:30 am and I have an early morning class tomorrow
Maybe try puckbags method?? :hehe:

OH, a class, don't do that then.