• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raasc1dj

If you we're Ken Holland...

Rate this topic

1. Sign Schneider, IMO this guy is invaluable to our PP, even if he doesn't score the goal the Penalty killers still have to keep an eye on him with that cannon from the blue line.

2. Goal tending, if Hasek wants to come back next year we have no problem, if he doesn't were going to have to get a goalie via FA or trade, I don't think Howard is ready at all. I have faith in Osgood but he seems to be streaky at times.

3. Drop Lang, he really isn't much help in my eyes, people say "he is a great passer" but for every good pass he DOES make, five get picked off. In this new NHL (or on this Detroit team anyways) there isn't much room for the dangler type player and I think that's what Lang is.

4. Try and sign Drury, this guy is Mr. Clutch in Buffalo and I hope he can do the same here, and given his record of GWG against Detroit, better to have him on our side IMO. :P

5. Bertuzzi, I'm up in the air about this one, on one hand he gives this team size and grit that we need to win in the playoffs, on the other hand he may command a big salary and he might be past his prime, in the cap world I would probably have to let him go too. (I don't think the real Holland will though)

6. Calder, If he was really playing with a broken hand, I say give him another chance, if he wasn't...toss him.

7. Bring up some more of our young guys, this team isn't getting any younger and the more experience the young guys have in the NHL the better, I would like to see Girgorenko (sp?) play some games here next season.

But other then that I like our team, guys like Franzen, Flip, Kopecky, Lebda, Cleary and Hudler are only going to get better with time.

Edited by Elshupacabra

I would get playoff goal scorers Fedorov and Kozlov back....

I don't know about that. I watch the blue jackets sometimes. I don't think Feds still has it. I don't even know where Kozlov is. I think we are living in the past.

Keep Bert

Keep Markov

Keep Cheli

If we can keep Schnieder

I don't know about Calder

Dump Lang

Sign Sheldon or Sarich

Sign a goalie (not Giggy) that makes me sick just thinking about him in a winged wheel

4. Try and sign Drury, this guy is Mr. Clutch in Buffalo and I hope he can do the same here, and given his record of GWG against Detroit, better to have him on our side IMO. :P

Agree with pretty much everything you said, although signing Drury is a pipe dream. The moment datsyuk got that extension, all the upcoming FA centers like himself, briere and gomez were ecstatic. Call me crazy but he will get $7mil if he's out on the market come July 1st

Edited by Mighty Wings

I don't know about that. I watch the blue jackets sometimes. I don't think Feds still has it. I don't even know where Kozlov is. I think we are living in the past.

Once again... feds is on the BJ's he doesn't fit there. The fans love him.. but after talking to him about detroit he really seemed like he missed this place... You aren't going to excel in one place when your heart is somewhere else. Anyways feds ended what 3rd on the team in scoring (and other stats) after missing a lot being injured and playing injured.... He is excellent on Defense... Played some time there with them last season, like he did here with us.

As far as Kozzie... well he is on the Atlanta thrashers (been there for the last 4 seasons)... 2nd on the team in scoring (80pts) behind Hossa (100pts).

Edited by OsGOD

First thing's first. Hasek and Chelios. Are they coming back? No reason to believe they are not.

Both have played solid, both are competitors, and both are healthy. They'll want one more shot with this team, which will remain intact for the most part. There is also no reason to not beleive they won't sign for under $1 million, each.

Chelios will probably sign for the same amount, $850,000 and Hasek should ask for more than $1million (w/incentives). They both know the more money Kenny has to spend on quality players, the better the chance they can get what they really desire at this point in their careers, a championship. They have already made the money.

So, as Kenny, I sign those two ASAP. Now for D.

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda, and hopefully Chelios are signed. After Quincey's playoff performance, he's shown he deserves a regular spot on the roster. That leaves Schnieder and D. Markov as the question marks. Between them this year's salary was $5.8 million. Use most of that money to sign a top-4 defenseman UFA and Markov.

On to the Fowards. It's time for Lang to part ways. That seems to be the concenus. So farewell, Bob. ($3.8 mill freed up) Calder was not the impresive. I'd re-signed him as a depth guy for $1.25 million / one year, max. He'll prabably want more. goodbye Calder. That leaves Bertuzzi. If I were Kenny, $3.0 million, max. I don't see the market commanding anymore than that for Bert. UFA's recovering from a serious injury usually don't get much on themarket. ie, Belfour, Hasek, Berard. Just to name a few off the top of my head. If you allow Bert to test the market, you might find that his value is below $3 million / one year, and you could get him for less. If he does recieve a contract he can't refuse from another team, so what. The market is rich this year in UFA's. Bertuzzi is a decent player, he MAY fully recover and be a force, but he is replaceable with this year's UFA crop. But let's say Bert takes the $3 mill / one year contract, I, as Kenny, have offered him.

Sparing everyone the math, that'll put next year team salary at about $37 million,

(Chelios - $850,000, Hasek - $1 mill, Bert -$3 mill)

If the Cap goes to $46 - $47 million that'll leaves around $9 - $10 million to sign Markov, 1-top four D-man, 1 - 1st/2nd line Forward, and maybe one depth guy. Off course you want to leave space, so realistically that's about $6-$7 million. Not enough, so good-bye Markov, hello "full time" Quincey. That leaves $3 - $3.5 million on a Forward and D-man each.

Bring Schnieds back? Maybe make an offer to Hamrlik or Numminem. Souray will be out of our price range, but might price Andrei Markov out of Montreal.

Drury is NOT leaving Buffalo, IMO. We wouldn't be able to afford Briere, he'll command $6-$7 million. Offer Vanek $3.5 million? Buffalo would most likely match, letting Briere go. There is Handzus, Kozlov, Nagy, Sykora, Kariya, Gomez, Blake, Smyth, Guerin. Only the first 4, IMO, are going to be affordable for the Wings. Out fo those, I'd focus on bringing back Kozlov. Like some have already mentioned, Kozlov and Dats could be a very dynamic pair. I'd offer Kozlov $2.75 - $3 million, just to try and out price him out of Atlanta. Wouldn't that be something, Hasek and Kozlov (& Osgood) all on the same team.

Hopefully we'd have $1 million to $1.5 million left to get a depth guy. Possibly Hudler. Possibly someone else.

Kozlov - Dats - Homer

Cleary - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Kopecky/Hudler/UFA Depth Guy - Filppula - Samuelsson

Lidstrom - Kronwall

UFA D - Lebda/Lilja/Quincey

Lebda/Lilja/Quincey - Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

of course, adjust the lines as needed and wait till trade deadline to get a player as needed.

Edited by Scorpion

At this point id jump through hoops to see Fedorov back. He really stepped it up near the end of the regular season, and Kozlov was 1 of the reason why Atlanta made the playoffs. Personally I dont want to see the team get older but hell Win it now save the bs for later. What a reunion that would be #91 back in the winged wheel but what number would Kozlov wear( saying the wings actually make a push for him.) Also stat wise sounds good Kozlov had 28 goals and 52 assists, and Fedorov had 18 goals and 24 assists. But I would rather see Fedorov here than Lang.

At this point id jump through hoops to see Fedorov back. He really stepped it up near the end of the regular season, and Kozlov was 1 of the reason why Atlanta made the playoffs. Personally I dont want to see the team get older but hell Win it now save the bs for later. What a reunion that would be #91 back in the winged wheel but what number would Kozlov wear( saying the wings actually make a push for him.) Also stat wise sounds good Kozlov had 28 goals and 52 assists, and Fedorov had 18 goals and 24 assists. But I would rather see Fedorov here than Lang.

Your little computer guy is a little disturbing. Funny though. You right I would take either of those guys compareed to Lang.

I forgot about Grigorenko (sp?) (Griggs form now on)

If Griggs cracks the roster, which he may HAVE to, since he has a out clause to go back to Russia if he doesn't.

That could spell the end for Hudler. If I were Kenny, I'd let him go to arbitration. If he awarded a decent amount (in the eyes of Kenny) I'd sign him for depth and keep him open to trades. If it's too much, let him go.

I'm knocking Hudler. I like him and wish he got more chances. It's obvious his place is not here in Detroit. We have too many skilled small fowards.

With Griggs $860,000 salary, we could possibly afford to keep D.Markov and still sign another top-4 defenseman

Kozlov - Dats - Homer

Cleary - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Kopecky/Griggs/UFA Depth Guy - Filppula - Samuelsson

Lidstrom - Kronwall

UFA D - Markov

Lebda/Lilja/Quincey - Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

Edited by Scorpion

resign Bertuzzi for something like 2M with bonuses. he's worth this money

resign Chelli, Markov and Schneider.

let Dom go and shop for some strong young goalie. Aebisher, Nittymaki(sp), maybe bid for Al Montoya from Rangers?

go for fine young forwards. not bold names, but ones that have skills and are good team players.

add some real enforcer to this team. just to have someone to dress in case we were up to play goon squads

Well, I hate to crush everyone's hopes and dreams for next year so soon, but the Wings don't have the cap room to make these big signings you are all talking about. With about $32 already tied up to 15 players, and cap hits in the way of Dmacs buyout (btw whomever suggested going after him, please put down the bottle) and bonuses that need to be paid, such as Doms $900k, the Wings don't have a whole lot to work with.

The cap is estimated to be $46-47, taking into account about $2 in cap hits, and the $32 already tied up, that leaves at most, $13 available to play with. With the way things work, Kenny has to leave himself room under the cap to make any trades he may wish to make before the deadline, and also leave enough for potential call-ups. So, realisticly speaking, Kenny may spend as $6-9 filling out the rest of the roster.

Here is what we have for next year(NHL talent at least):

9 f

5 d

2 g

So, to fill out the roster here is what we need:

3 f

1 d

Now that is just to put a full squad on the ice. Odds are that the Wings will carry more than just the bare minimum. Expect to see this:

5 f

2 d

1 g

Reading reaports, Cheli wants to come back, and Dom is still undecided. Let's hope Dom comes back, as he is the best possible option. Don't misunderstand, I hate how Dom plays. And I think a guy like Belfour would do just as well. But If Dom wants to come back, he will be a Red Wing. More than likely, Cheli and Dom would eat up nearly $2 of cap space, we are now down to $4-7 and have at least 3 more roster spots left.

If Kenny does things wisely, which he will, we will need to sign more than the minimum 2 skaters. Another d and 5 forwards. That's 6 guys and not much to do it with. Kenny could use Grigorenko, and Kopecky, both are already signed, they would eat up about $1.3. So we are now down to $2.7-5.7 to spend, and 3 forwads and a d still left.

I keep seeing the name Sarich come up. Let it go people. It isn't going to happen. He made $3 this year, and will get a raise. We'd be better off staying in house here. If Matty wants to come back, I would think Kenny would fit him in somehow. But I think Matty will have to accept the same type of pay, as Kenny doesn't have the room to pay him anything more. I don't think Kenny has the space to sign both Markov and Matty, Matty is more valuable to our team than Markov. However, Matty could get paid more by a team, like the Rangers, than Detroit can offer up. This team is in need of a top 4 d man, Markov isn't the answer, if Matty walks, there are a lot of options, but none fit as well as Matty.

Without any real cap space, the Wings will have to look at 'depth guys' to fill out the roster. If Matty re-signs, that's at least $3 gone, leaving about $3 left for 3 forwards. That isn't very much, but a few guys like your Maltby's, Cleary's and Franzen's should be available.

Don't expect any big signings. I'd love to see Ryan Smyth come here, and I wouldn't even mind seeing Bert re-up with us. But I don't think we have the cap room. But Kenny is a magician, I'm sure he's got a few tricks up his sleeve. Don't hold your breath, however, Kenny hasn't been known to make big UFA signings. Does anyone remember the last 'big name UFA' who came to Detroit? Yup, he is in the booth now, it's been that long!

EDIT: Remember also, that if Bert re-signs here, we lose a first rounder too. Adding that into the equation, it's a lot to pay for an unknown result.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Wow, I'm suprised so many people see us keeping Bertuzzi, I just don't see it. I was VERY gung-ho when Kenny got them both, and IMO they were both big let downs in the playoffs, I don't envision either one of them in the Winged Wheel next year.

resign Bertuzzi for something like 2M with bonuses. he's worth this money

resign Chelli, Markov and Schneider.

let Dom go and shop for some strong young goalie. Aebisher, Nittymaki(sp), maybe bid for Al Montoya from Rangers?

go for fine young forwards. not bold names, but ones that have skills and are good team players.

add some real enforcer to this team. just to have someone to dress in case we were up to play goon squads

Hey Macs a free agent

Wow, I'm suprised so many people see us keeping Bertuzzi, I just don't see it. I was VERY gung-ho when Kenny got them both, and IMO they were both big let downs in the playoffs, I don't envision either one of them in the Winged Wheel next year.

come on Bert was playing injured we all know that and Calder has a broken bone in his hand alright dont sign Calder try getting Smyth instead but Bert deserves to have a shot at at rehab on his back this summer and give him a 2 yr deal at 2mill per with bounus

Hey Macs a free agent

say no to a "Detroit Red Wings Retirement House"

if Mac comes very cheap we could consider him, but that's all subject of evaluation.

if he still has some gas in the tank his old team would be a good place to give him

a shot. but I honestly don't see him cracking regular NHL lineup any more

Bye Lang, sign Bert,Calder Schnids Trade Schnids to Boston for Chara,sign Todd White and Michael Peca

Stop smoking this sh*t :P

Akustyk, a McCarty za pol banki za sezon? (I mean: what about McCarty for 0,6mil/season?)

Edited by Bartek

in all honestly - I'd like Holland to pick players like Calder. with a lot of potential that's being wasted on a crappy team, and who have something to prove.

Mayers comes to my mind.

Akustyk, a McCarty za pol banki za sezon? (I mean: what about McCarty for 0,6mil/season?)

ni chu*! no f* way that is, fellow countryman :)

in all honestly - I'd like Holland to pick players like Calder. with a lot of potential that's being wasted on a crappy team, and who have something to prove.

Mayers comes to my mind.

Nieminen, Fedotenko, Gelinas, Ekman, Zednik, Viktor Kozlov, Jeff O'Neill, Comrie, Zubrus. Dvorak, Nedved?

I would trade Calder, re-sign Bert, schnieds, cheli and get a butterfly goalie, if one becomes available. This kind of goal tedning seems to be winning more. I wish we would have kept williams. Sorry but he was a scoring machine. Hudler NEEDS to play more! He can score to. this is hockey, if he gets hurt, he can always get over it like they ALL do. Hudler would be a regular. I think that's part of the reason we lost.

Babs didn't play him enough, I know the rumors were because they didn't want hudler to get hurt. Give me a break. He's a hockey player!! I think Huds was a missing link we needed. I can see hudler playing on a line with grigs and Filppula. I would try and get Brian Rafalski, Ryan Smith and Chris Druy. But of course that's not helping us get any younger. Rafalski would be a NICE addition to our d tho. But there doesn't seem to be much to choose from. We will have to wait and see what happens.

i maybe a complete minority here but I just don't think we need to tear up much at all. Except for those barred by injury, I thought everyone played really well. I think this team has it in them to go all the way. And if Grigorenko does well, we could be even better. Though having Fedorov and Kozlov back would be great.

Nieminen, Fedotenko, Gelinas, Ekman, Zednik, Viktor Kozlov, Jeff O'Neill, Comrie, Zubrus. Dvorak, Nedved?

Nieminen - fits to this team like a thong to my butt. skip

Fedotenko - possibly, maybe.. will have to take a look on him

Gelinas - maybe, but I'd rather look for bigger/younger. he's very much for Kenny Holland (<2005) taste, though

Ekman - no opinion

Zednik - too old for my taste

Kozlov - see above

O'Neill - that would be waaaay too old. and too steep price

Commish - too much hype around him and too big bucks to fish him.

Zubrus - sure, but he's on the rise now and his agent will look for big bucks. there's some risk with taking him (I mean: is he still gonna be that good in a year or two?) but that's worth trying

Dvorak - looks fine with me. not sure if Holland goes for high-profile Czech player, though. Wings scout doesn't seem to cover Czechs that well

Nedved - waaaaay too expensive and way too washed

Edited by akustyk

I would trade Calder, re-sign Bert, schnieds, cheli and get a butterfly goalie, if one becomes available. This kind of goal tedning seems to be winning more. I wish we would have kept williams. Sorry but he was a scoring machine. Hudler NEEDS to play more! He can score to. this is hockey, if he gets hurt, he can always get over it like they ALL do. Hudler would be a regular. I think that's part of the reason we lost.

Are you talking about Jason Williams? The guy who has 122 CAREER points? Nearly half of which were scored in one season (05-06 58pts.)? :unsure:

Willie had a great season in 2005-06 but pretty much sat on his ass this year and showed no signs of being his old self. be it he didn't suit Babcock's style, be it he had other issues, but he deserved a try in another team, and the Wings most certainly deserved to get rid of him