• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raasc1dj

If you we're Ken Holland...

Rate this topic

I was against re-signing Schneider until I saw how much we missed him. I think we need to re-sign Schneider and Cheli.

I'd love Drury (he'd be my favorite player if he was a Wing) but this team really needs a RW sniper. Who's out there that fits this description?

If i were holland.... after making some moves, i would like to see a good right handed defenseman signed. I think the 5 left handers and 1 right hander hurt them at times.

Selanne, Giguere, Kozlov, Tkachuk, McCarty, Hamrlik, Arnason, Brisebois, Sykora, Backstrom, Bulis, Smolinski, Sopel, Nagy, Sydor, Joseph, Guerin, Rivet, Handzus, Berard, Kariya, Hartnell, Forsberg, Nichol, Timonen, Dvorak, Briere, Drury, Zubrus, Souray, Markov, Aebischer, Comrie, Preissing, Peca, Antropov, Gomez, Rafalski, Blake, Smyth, Poti, Shanahan, Esche, Walker, Vasicek, Carter, Stumpel, Fedotenko, Sarich, Perreault.

Edited by raasc1dj

Sign Drury - 5.5M

Sign Sarich - 3

Re-sign Bertuzzi - 2.5

Re-sign Hasek - 1.5M + incentives

Re-sign Chelios - 1M

2008 Wings:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstom

Franzen - Drury - Grigorenko

Samuelson - Filpulla - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Hudler

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Sarich - Lilja

Chelios - Lebda

Quincey/Kindl

Hasek

Osgood

as nice as it would be to get Drury, he's not going to leave Buffalo...I think he's more important to them than Briere...I could honestly see the Sabres doing something creative to get both of them to stay.

The only two people I think are a must to bring back are Chelios and Schneider. Bertuzzi, Lang, and Calder can all go buh-bye, use that money elsewhere. If for any reason Holland does resign Lang, I will drive down to the Joe and pummel him until he comes to his senses!

I would re-sign bertuzzi

Re-sign Chelios

I would sign Sarich

I Would Re-sign Hasek (if he doesnt retire) if he does i'd try to get my hands on giguerre ...

I would sign selanne

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom

Bertuzzi Filpulla Selanne

Grigorenko Cleary Hudler

Maltbs Draper Franzen

Lidstrom Sarich

Kronwall Lilja

Chelios Lebda

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Does no one want Markov back??? he was as solid as lidstrom in my opinion

Markov was great. Schneider is great.

But the Wings seriously need to add some size on defence. A guy like Sarich would be an upgrade over Markov. And Schneider perhaps will get big money elsewhere.

Lets start by losing a couple of guys.

In my mind i would like to see us part ways with Samuelson and Lang. Bert, well i still have not made up my mind on him. I know that he was probably never 100% but i still feel like he might have let us down a little bit in the playoffs. I wouldn't lose any sleep if he didn't come back. I think Kronwall is a great player but i'm sick of him being on the IR list. I wouldn't be upset if he was traded.

Make sure we bring back Dom, maybe Chelios should pull a roger clemens and what untill after the season starts before he starts playing again. I love Schneider and want him back but i hope that he is willing to take a little less money for next season. I think that if we had him the last couple of games we would have been much better off.

AS for additions to the team.

I would love to see Shanahan back but i know that will never happen and it is probably better for the team. I would like to get a guy like Drury or Smyth. I would also enjoy seeing us get Gomez.

I would re-sign most of the guys...(definitely Calder, and Bertuzzi if they take pay cuts) tweak the roster a bit, but it would depend on what options I had available. I wouldn't do much more than that in the off season.

Then near the trade deadline I would try to get Sergei Fedorov if he's healthy. He's a clutch performer in the playoffs, proven, and he's awesome on D....everything we could need. He should retire here, as well.

Give Thomas Vanek an offer sheet. If we can score him, let Bertuzzi walk. Otherwise sign Bertuzzi for cheap. Re-sign Schneider, Chelios, Dom, Calder, and Markov. Let Lang go. Trade Samuelsson for whatever we can get for him.

Edited by datsyukonethree

If I were Ken Holland...

- Let Dom retire and find a suitable replacement to work in a tandem with Osgood. If Anaheim re-signs Giguere, then I'd look to sign a FA (Backstrom, Aebischer, or Garon would be good enough for our system) or pick up one of San Jose's goalies, which for any team can probably come cheap considering they want to unload one of them before the start of next season.

- Keep most of the defensive corps. Everyone takes it for granted that Chelios will re-sign, but I hope that he does. If Schenider is willing to re-sign, that would be great. Otherwise, we can shop around for replacements. Same goes for Markov, though honestly, I'd like to find a defenseman who's willing to fight. My seven defensemen would be Lidstrom, Schneider, Kronwall, Lebda, Chelios, Markov (or a replacement), and Quincey. The Pain Train, unfortunately, is the odd man out of that equation and can either be claimed on waivers or traded. Also, if St. Louis would trade Jackman for Kronwall, I'd take it.

- The top two scoring lines would consist of Zetterberg, Holmstrom, and Samuelson on one line, with Bertuzzi (for a far lower price than $5 M), Datsyuk, and Filppula on the other. The "grinders" would be Draper, Maltby, and Cleary. The 4th line would be decided by who makes it out of camp. Hypothetically speaking, it would consist of Grigorenko, Hudler, and Kopecky. However, that can changed based on who's available, who underperforms, and which teams are interested in whatever players we have on roster. I'd sign D-Mac and either George Parros, Shawn Thornton, or Trevor Gilles (what can I say, Anaheim knows what the hell they're doing) as our reserve forwards. We're playing with grit, but we need someone who can get the team rilled up with a fight... and win.

- Keep Babcock and his staff. They took a team that no one thought would make it past the first round and had a decent run at the cup. Good for them.

I would re-sign most of the guys...(definitely Calder, and Bertuzzi if they take pay cuts) tweak the roster a bit, but it would depend on what options I had available. I wouldn't do much more than that in the off season.

Then near the trade deadline I would try to get Sergei Fedorov if he's healthy. He's a clutch performer in the playoffs, proven, and he's awesome on D....everything we could need. He should retire here, as well.

I'd have to pay more attention to Sergei next season to have a good idea of his capability, but my gut feeling on it is: yeah, he's still got the skills to put up results. Especially with us, with a team that holds players like Dats, Z, and other guys.

I may be wrong, we both may be wrong, seriously, Feds' is a big question mark to me. If we have the 2.2mill available though, it could be a damn brilliant move for the playoff run.

Getting Sergei Fedorov back is a good idea.

If Dom retires, I think we need to go after Giguere. Past that, I'm not sure what goalie I would pursue.

I think Drury would be a great addition, if we can get him away from Buffalo. Smyth would be nice as well.......

....I guess I am among a minority that thinks that Bert should be resigned. He never was 100% during the playoffs. I think if we had him for a whole season, then we would turn into quite a presence.

I would get playoff goal scorers Fedorov and Kozlov back....

If we had #91 and Kozlov back, I'd instantly think we'd done a timewarp. It'd be '96 all over again... and I'd be pretty cool with that.

I wouldn't be cool with thinking about just entering the ninth grade, but everything else...

If we had #91 and Kozlov back, I'd instantly think we'd done a timewarp. It'd be '96 all over again... and I'd be pretty cool with that.

I wouldn't be cool with thinking about just entering the ninth grade, but everything else...

I mean yeah, Sergei has had it rough since leaving the wings... Ducks and Bj's but you aren't going to excel with a team where you don't fit. Sergei fit nicely here and I don't see any reason why we couldn't rejuvinate his career.

Dats, Feds, Kozlov.... pretty nice to imagine out there