• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raasc1dj

If you we're Ken Holland...

Rate this topic

Sign Markov. Sign Chelios. Sign Bertuzzi.

Part ways with Lang, Lila, Schneider (Although he is still very good), Hudler and maybe Sammy.

Hopefully Hasek retires, which he wont. But if he did, bring up Howard.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Fillpula-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Kopecky-(Big Body F.A.)-Grigorenko

Lidstrom-Markov

(Big Body/Checker F.A.) - Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

(Quincey/Ericsson)

Howard/Osgood...Hasek if he doesn't retire

My reasoning for letting Schnieder go is simply this. We have powerplay set-up men in Lidstrom and a healthy Kronwall. I know he steps in front of guys and has a monstorous shot..but I think he's replaceable by a big, stay at home defenseman who clears out guys in front, blocks shots, and hits.

We could also sign another big bodied checker F.A. in Kopecky's spot and use him as an alternate like this year.

Howard/Osgood...Hasek if he doesn't retire

My reasoning for letting Schnieder go is simply this. We have powerplay set-up men in Lidstrom and a healthy Kronwall. I know he steps in front of guys and has a monstorous shot..but I think he's replaceable by a big, stay at home defenseman who clears out guys in front, blocks shots, and hits.

Hah...healthy Kronwall. That's as oxymoronic as 'military intelegence' or 'U.S. Department of Justice'.

Guest Agalloch

Bring Bertuzzi back, and sign Lindros. Create a line of Franzen - Lindros - Bertuzzi. That'd be a punishing line for sure, though they wouldn't produce much without a playmaker.

Anyway, no, I'm not being serious there. Lindros sucks balls now, and needs to be nowhere near Detroit. I'll post my offseason plans later when I think more about it. I like the idea of signing Zubrus though.

However, the number one concern of the offseason, even though he's not a FA, is this: SIGN DAN CLEARY TO A LIFETIME CONTRACT!

Edited by Agalloch

zetterberg 2,650,000 datsyuk 6,700,000 holmstrom 2,250,000

cleary 662,500 drury 6,000,000 samuelsson 1,200,000

franzen 941,666 filppula 710,000 hudler 850,000

maltby 833,000 draper 2,128,000 kopecky 450,000

lidstrom 7,600,000 kronwall 3,000,000

souray 4,500,000 markov 2,500,000

chelios 850,000 lebda 650,000

osgood 850,000

howard 733,000

scratches

grigerenko 858,000

lilja 1,000,000

besides the goaltending being very iffy...any thoughts on the line up or the numbers for the potential FA?

feedback is always appreciated...good or bad!

carl

EDIT: the payroll is 47,966,499 hopefully out of 48,000,000

Edited by detroitsportsman05

If the price is right id take another stab at Shanny, and I know this might be laughted at, I did thinking about it but do u think Detroit barring they dont resign Bertuzzi, that they take a 1 year stab at Lindros.

Edited by RainingBlood

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Grigorenko

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Hudler

Kopecky

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Kindl - Markov

Lebda - Chelios

Lijla

Quincey

Ericsson

Meech

Hasek

Osgood

Howard

I would love to bring in Drury or Briere if the Wings can afford too . But I must admit ,after the trade deadline I as pretty happy with what we had.I wouldn't mind bringing back Lang but he would have to take a HUGE paycut. If that forward line could stay healthy I think they'd do a good job.

As for the Defence , I would like to go in a different direction by giving youth a chance. I would love too have Kindl learning his trade off of Captain Nick while he's still around. I also think that in time Quincey and Ericsson could step up and be big players in the future success's of the Wings.

Not sure exactly EVERYTHING I'd do so far, but a few thoughts-

-Send Lang packing- he's 215 lbs of slow that isn't all that tough, and botches as many or more plays than he makes.

-If they can get Bert back for relatively cheap, and healthy, get him. Nice replacement for Lang.

-Play Hudler or trade him.

-Say goodbye to Kyle Calder, and get someone who can score goals-we've already got Draper, Franzen, Cleary, Kopecky, and unfortunately Maltby that are all certain degrees of a physical 'checking line' presence.

-If they can get a goal scorer, do it.

-They have quite a bit of potentially good defensive talent waiting for a chance, so re-signing Chelios is a thing that isn't necessary, basicly I'd think it's up to him.

-Schnieder's only value that would make me want to keep him is that he scores goals.

-You also have to wonder if you're willing to wait for overly reckless Kronwall to heal up from his constant injuries, and whether or not Brett Lebda really is the real deal d-man at his size.

-Jiri Fisher needs to swap cardiovascular systems with someone, and come back.

-Hasek... they could've won the series against calgary without him, and lost the series to anaheim without him. Chris Osgood? I dunno about him, he's iffy but he's not going anywhere soon and you're not going to develop a young goalie with Hasek still hanging around.

a quick look at the list of potential UFA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=4965

players who could be considered, IMHO: Bochenski (BOS), Zubrus (BUF), Hartnell (NSH), Blake (NYI), Aasham (NYI), Ortmeyer (NYR), Parker (SJS), Bulis (VAN).

to pick two of them: Blake and Zubrus.

Blake = Locker room cancer. You should look into it, the guy is a grade A a-hole

I don't think Fedorov will ever be back with the Wings, and I'm fine with that. His production has dropped off and he hasn't been entirely healthy either.

I'd like to see Bert given a chance to prove himself here with a healthy back. There is no way he was 100% at any point during his time with the Wings. Same with Calder in the playoffs.

If Hasek retires, I'm not even sure what we could afford as a replacement. Osgood is a great backup, but I'm not sure he is consitent enough to carry us through the playoffs. He was 10 years ago, but he was also behind a loaded, pre-salary cap roster. I've never seen Howard play but he has decent stats. I'd be curious about Niklas Backstrom, but he's probably going to cost too much for being relatively unproven.

If not retired, resign:

Chelios

Hasek

Resign:

Bertuzzi

Calder

Schneider if we can afford him

Markov if we have money left

UFA's:

Nagy if not too expensive (would love to see him replace Lang as an offensive threat)

Scott Hannan for a big bodied stay at home D-man if we don't resign our D-men.

Although I bet we will keep Bert, Chelios, Hasek

lose Calder and Lang, Markov and Schneider.

And will fill the roster internally or cheap.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstom

Franzen - Drury - Grigorenko

Bert - Filpulla - Cleary

Pyatt- Draper - Kopecky

Sammy

Lidstrom Markov

Souray Lilja

Jackman Lebda

Meech

Quincy

Howard/Osgoode or Hasek

Package Hudler and Kronwall for a big young forward and a goalie not sure if they are any really on the block but meh

The only reason i am leaving kronwall off is the fact he seems to be cursed or prone to injury

Add some depth at wing

bring in a couple of those mid line players like a Zubrus

Make a splash with Smyth or Briere type player (preferably not briere he's small and soft)

Get rid of dead weight Calder and Bertuzzi, nagging injuries will keep these guys from being useful plus i would like the wings to focus on more speed and these guys are slow.

Lang can go too also slow and lack of motivation here.

If you can work a deal sammuelson can be traded (too streaky)

Either go with Howard next season or get another goalie in FA, it doesn't work with Hasek he's too inconsistent his SV% was .913 we can find someone who can do better than that.

Resign your Dmen as is with Kronwall in the mix you have 4 good Dmen (Lids, Schneids, Kronwall, Markov). Lilja is a good #5 and Chelios will want 1 more year (If not Quincey and Lebda looked good)