• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzermaynard

After your team is eliminated...who do you root for?

Rate this topic

In a situation like this, where your team is eliminated and the other team moves on to the finals, do you:

1. Root for the team that eliminated you, so that your team lost to the champs?

or

2. Root for the other team to lay the smack down on the team that eliminated you?

In a situation like this, where your team is eliminated and the other team moves on to the finals, do you:

or

2. Root for the other team to lay the smack down on the team that eliminated you?

# 2. Go Sens Go

last year i was rooting for the oilers because i wanted the champ team to have beaten us. but this year i'm lookig at the team i like the best which is ottawa. i think they have a better club,with more hart an class. so go ottawa!!!!

I'm still rooting for the Wings! Go get them in games 7 and 8!!

I heard Hasek and the rest of the team always bounces back after a loss.... We can still pull out 2 straight! Game on Thursday at 7:30pm

I'm still rooting for the Wings! Go get them in games 7 and 8!!

..........and then obviously in 9 to close out the series. :P

I almost always cheer for the Western Conference, and if it weren't for Pronger, I'd have no reservations at this point in cheering for the Ducks. I guess I just want Pronger to test positive for 'roids and have the league decide to not allow his name to be put on the Cup as a result. That way I could cheer for the West in peace.

or

I am hoping the Sens can pull it off two reasons 1) the 1st team to leave Canada was from Ottawa, and they came to Detroit and threw the years were called Falcons, Cougars and now are beloved Red Wings so if we trace the roots of are team they lead to Ottawa . 2) I just do not want to see the Ducks win the cup, GO SENS.

I never root for the team that knocks the Red Wings out. I know people claim it proves they lost to a good team, but it doesn't change the fact that the Wings are out. I am completely rooting for Ottawa in this series because they deserve it and I am a huge Jason Spezza fan. Besides, I would never root for any team with Chris Pronger on it. If I have to watch Pronger hoist the cup, it will make me sick.

Yeah, honestly I don't care who wins. I want the Sens to win a bit more than the Ducks, but meh.

Neither.

edit: I could've rooted for Buffalo

Edited by Offsides

I really hope Anaheim gets their asses handed to them. The cup has more business being in Canada than it does in California. People here in So Cal would probably try to mount a Lakers back board on it.

Great argument. People here in So-Cal would not have possession of the CUP anyway if you knew so much about this great sport. WEAK.

Edited by ZAMBONI

Option 2. Go Sens go!

I for one have never bought into the idea of "we can say we lost to the champs." When does anyone actually use that? Only two reasons I can think of.

#1. Arguments with other teams' fans. Sens and Ducks have advanced past us, so I don't think it would work on them. 26 other teams didn't make it as far as we did, I wouldn't think you'd need to resort to it. So I guess that leaves Buffalo. If the Ducks win, next time you get into an argument with a Sabres fan, go ahead and use the "Oh yeah? Well the team we lost to beat the team you lost to, so there!" After he's done laughing at the lame argument, he'll cite their President's Trophy and you'll shake hands and have a beer together.

#2. To make yourself feel better about losing. Doesn't make me feel better, but if that's your cup of tea, have at it I guess. I suppose you also rooted for the Avs in 1996 then, right?

The Sens are going serve up some roast duck. Thats all I know. I would have a slight heart for cheering for the Ducks because I know Chris Kunitz, but he's injured and out... so Puck the Ducks... GO SENS!

i'm not going to root for anyone... because Anaheim has Pronger and Ottawa has Comrie. and i actually don't really care about the Cup staying in Canada unless it goes to the Oilers haha.. don't get me wrong i'd love to have the Cup back in Canada but that's not enough reason for me to cheer on the Sens, although i would prefer an actual city that respects and loves hockey to have the Cup.

Edited by oilandwingsfan

Overall, I couldn't care less. I never gave much thought to that "consolation prize versus revenge" angle. Between the Quacks and Sens, I'd cheer for Ottawa. A "Cup-fer-Canada" story sounds nice and I'd just assume Pronger only see the Cup via a Hall of Fame ticket.