• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
barabbas16

Bertuzzi trade

Rate this topic

Don't crucify me if this has already been discussed - I didn't see it.

Ok, so obviously Matthias....but after all is said and done now, what draft pick(s) did we lose? Wasn't one of the 'conditions' on the draft picks that he be in the top six in scoring? - or do I remember that wrong? Obviously, that didn't happen. Can someone help me out with specifics here?

Even with a resign... we gave up nothing more than " fictitious possibilties".... would we have drafted someone who became great... perhaps... would we have drafted someone who became a bust... perhaps.

Nothing more, nothing less. Great pickup.

Judging by the reported conditions of the trade, the Red Wings have given up their 2007 2nd round pick.

Bertuzzi played in 2/3rds of the Wings games but was not one of the team's top five (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary, Samuelsson, respectively) scorers.

If the Wings advanced to the SCF it would've been a 1st-rounder regardless.

So, as it stands today, it's Shawn Matthias and a 2007 2nd-rounder. If Bertuzzi re-signs later you can add a 2008 2nd-rounder to the final tally.

Judging by the reported conditions of the trade, the Red Wings have given up their 2007 2nd round pick.

Bertuzzi played in 2/3rds of the Wings games but was not one of the team's top five (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary, Samuelsson, respectively) scorers.

So, as it stands today, it's Shawn Matthias and a 2007 2nd-rounder. If Bertuzzi re-signs later you can add a 2008 2nd-rounder to the final tally.

Many thanks.

You've been very helpful.

Considering what Nashville, San Jose, and Atlanta gave up for Forsberg, Guerin, and Tkachuk respectively this was a good deal. When you factor in the post-season success these teams had, it seems like Holland did a much better job.

Especially since Bertuzzi has a much bertter chance of re-singing than those other three, IMO.

Considering what Nashville, San Jose, and Atlanta gave up for Forsberg, Guerin, and Tkachuk respectively this was a good deal. When you factor in the post-season success these teams had, it seems like Holland did a much better job.

Especially since Bertuzzi has a much bertter chance of re-singing than those other three, IMO.

QFT

I'm happy with the trade. Let's see what happens in the off season (resigning).

QFT

Ok, I've seen this response many times, but could never figure it out. What does it stand for? Just curious. :huh:

The thing is with Bert I think is that he was keeping himself on a short leash due to the fact that wole court thing isn't settled yet. I beleive once that it all over and done with we will see a more physical Bert who is more adept at scoring. I would like to see him back next year especially if he can get all the legal things settled; to test my theory, and if my theory holds true he may be the fighter that we are looking for to stick up for our guys.

Guest MrSandMan

I'd like to see tuzzi in red and white next year. A heathy Bert = a SCF team!

Guest Agalloch

Turned out to be a very good trade. I don't really care about the first rounder though. We're picking, what, 27th? I think that's right. That, + this drafting because awful makes me not care much.

Maybe Esposito and his work ethic/attitude problems will drop all the way to 27. :rolleyes:

And UWE KRUPP was a great signing too!!!

Exactly :lol: some of these posters here just dont get it :sly: Bertuzzi is a bum,a hasbeen 1-He gives the puck away. 2-Hes slow 3-Hes scared to hit 4-He is NOT i repeat NOT a power forward.Maybe he was 4 years ago but thats long gone he will never be that player again EVER.I sncerely hope hes not a Redwing next season,hes part of the reason we lost to the Ducks,how many goals did he cost us with his dumb giveaways? :angry:

Guest Crymson

I've heard that Bert wants to play close to his home and family in Ontario; perhaps Detroit's close proximity to the area will help. B.C. certainly is far off.

The only teams closer to his home than is Detroit are Buffalo, Ottawa and Toronto.

Hey guys, I'd like to say that Bertuzzi definitely was a half-Bertuzzi, we expected more.. but.. I think he should be resigned, I don't think we saw enough of him. He was all season without playing and everyone needs some time. I say we gotta get rid on Lang instead. I think Bertuzzi can't ask the same he could have when he scored 90+ points, so I'm afraid if he is affordable and we won't sign him, someone will get him cheap as underachiever and lately injury prone winger and he will shine next season. No way, let's give him another season. Still, if he's asking too much I wouldn't try to sign him.. I believe he will still bounce back and I definitely have faith in him.. I mean think about it, he bounced straight in between Cup hungry playoff teams, these things require more adjustment. Then, seeing that he isn't exactly what expected yet, they gave him something like 12-13 minutes per game. Have some faith, if he blooms next season, then we all light candles and open beers to salute Holland... :P

Hey guys, I'd like to say that Bertuzzi definitely was a half-Bertuzzi, we expected more.. but.. I think he should be resigned, I don't think we saw enough of him. He was all season without playing and everyone needs some time. I say we gotta get rid on Lang instead. I think Bertuzzi can't ask the same he could have when he scored 90+ points, so I'm afraid if he is affordable and we won't sign him, someone will get him cheap as underachiever and lately injury prone winger and he will shine next season. No way, let's give him another season. Still, if he's asking too much I wouldn't try to sign him.. I believe he will still bounce back and I definitely have faith in him.. I mean think about it, he bounced straight in between Cup hungry playoff teams, these things require more adjustment. Then, seeing that he isn't exactly what expected yet, they gave him something like 12-13 minutes per game. Have some faith, if he blooms next season, then we all light candles and open beers to salute Holland... :P

I agree.

I have no problems signing him to a salary in the 3m range. Give him a shot in my mind.