• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Injury Tally Over/Under?

Rate this topic

Any guesses on the number of walking wounded?

Obvious ones out of the way:

- Kronwall (sacrum)

- Schneider (wrist)

Playing hurt:

- Zetterberg (back - worse than he's let on)

- Bertuzzi (back - same as Hank)

- Calder (broken bone in hand?)

- Lebda (ankle... would've been out a couple more weeks if it was the regular season)

The News *somewhat* speculated on others:

- Lidstrom (back)

- Samuelsson (knee)

I think you're right for Zetterberg saying it's worse...Last night he didn't take many face offs, maybe because of his back getting worse games after games..

I'd be interested to know for Sammy and Lidstrom although Sammy was getting better every game (at least that's what I think).

Same for Calder...broken hand has been only a rumor and I'd like to know what is the truth.

Also, does anyone think that Homer never looked the same after Pronger hit? Don't know if he still was feeling any effects or just a coincidence...

I think all those people are injured to a certain degree...and probably a couple we don't know about have nagging injuries.

For instance...Homer played, but never seemed the same since the hit...

I'd like to add Holmstrom to that list as well.

Purely speculation on my part, but he may be still suffering a bit from the Proger hit.

Anyone notice that Lidstrom seemed to take fewer "hard" shots from the point as the series went on. I thought it was quite obvious on some of those key 5-on-3s.

Anyone notice that Lidstrom seemed to take fewer "hard" shots from the point as the series went on. I thought it was quite obvious on some of those key 5-on-3s.

bingo, to me it was blatantly obvious.

Edited by martyrme19

dito to zombo. I'd say Homer wasn't the same after that Pronger crap, and we clearly missed his presence from then on.

truth being said, a part of our losses were the lack of gas in the tank, caused by huge fatigue of playing with 2 defensemen less. although, it was our forwards and their inability to score on powerplays that ultimately blew it all. be it Carlyle solved our scoring lines well and those Ducks played sting defense + great positioning of Giguere (which is a fact), but in the end we missed this creativity and hustle we saw in the last outburst.

and I'm deeply convinced, we should have had come flying out of the gates in that Game 4 and give all hustle to win it. that would be much different story

Edited by akustyk

I think you're right for Zetterberg saying it's worse...Last night he didn't take many face offs, maybe because of his back getting worse games after games..

I'd be interested to know for Sammy and Lidstrom although Sammy was getting better every game (at least that's what I think).

Same for Calder...broken hand has been only a rumor and I'd like to know what is the truth.

Also, does anyone think that Homer never looked the same after Pronger hit? Don't know if he still was feeling any effects or just a coincidence...

I was thinking the same exact thing, Homer was such a dominate force, and we were firing on all cylinders that night we blew them out 5-0. Then after his hit he came back and the next game wasn't the same I didn't think.

makes me wonder if he did have a minor concusion or something else going on?? Man was he a force that game,

heres to a healthy and successful season next fall.

I think all those people are injured to a certain degree...and probably a couple we don't know about have nagging injuries.

For instance...Homer played, but never seemed the same since the hit...

Ditto - Homer was NOT the same player ever since the hit. I hope to God he didn't get some kind of head injury.

Bert- yes back still hurt

Zett - not 100% but close

Lidstrom: nope. The guy doesn't get hurt (knock on wood). My guess is the toll of the extra minutes set in...

Yeah we definately missed Homer big time. I think it was Pronger's plan to take him out, you could tell by his reaction after Rob hit him. He could have skated away after the initial hit by Rob, but he chose not to. And what's up with Bert being scared in front of the net? MHO

Guest jaytan

I definitely thought Tomas Holmstrom's play was less effective after he took that hit. I don't know if it had anything to do with his earlier injuries, or if it was mental, but he wasn't the same guy out there afterward. This may have contributed the most to our losing the series, because it tookeight periods for the offence to come back.

It seemed like Bert was injected into Homer's role on the powerplay a little more often afterward. Unfortunately, Todd isn't quite as practiced as a crease warrior, and couldn't quite give us the production we needed there.

But face it, injuries happen (especially to us lately). In the playoffs, you can't really use it as an excuse.

He deserved the Cup.

Definitly.

If Pronger wins a Cup before Cleary does, then it'll just show you that there is no justice in the world anymore. That man shouldn't even breath the air in the same room as the Cup.

On topic: I seem to get the feeling that Zetterberg will have surgery. Matt, you presented the idea way back in March, and at times during the playoffs, Z did look hurt. I think he might get the surgery.

Now, if he comes back on time, that'll be the best thing. He'll be in better shape again. I just hope it doesn't turn into a thing like with some of the guys on Carolina last year, when Cory Stillman and Frantisek Kaberle missed all that time because of offseason surgery. We'll wait and see what happens.

Cleary. :(

He's one player that I think of that absolutely breaks my heart because he was unbelievable. He deserved it all.

I bet each and everyone on the roster has some kind of injury, probably minor ones..and some more than others but they were all pretty banged up. Just like im sure the Ducks and Sens are.

Homer definitely wasn't the same after the hit.

Calds was hurt for sure. I could tell from after the Flames series when he shook with left hand and held his right down. He was hurt and it was obvious.

Lilja was pretty banged up and bruised as well. Blocked so many shots, and got stung quite a bit, looked like his legs were hurting a bit.

I think in the next few days we'll hear more about everyone. There will be a list..a pretty big one I imagine.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I still think something has been nagging Lidstrom. I don't think it's anything very serious, but I do think it's more than him being a little off his game. He certainly wasn't bad by any means, he was still fantastic, but he was made to look human more than a couple times.

Homer definitely had to be concussed but was cleared to play...

Drapes was a totally different player in this round, something might be up there as well...

I think Cleary may have an injury too, but he played like a champ anyway...

We've already mentioned Zetts, Bert, Calder & Sammy (I think he was another broken bone in hand candidate at one point)... Plus, Kronwall & Schneids.

Lang also may have a case of "Lazy & He Sucks"-itis...

Edited by scotzman