• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Who is your favorite all time player, AND your favorite active player?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

My favorite all time player is the great Stevie Yzerman. I could go on and on why he is my favorite. But as for my favorite current player, that goes to Mr. Hank Zetterberg. I love the way he plays the game. And there is no doubt in my mind that after Nick retires, Hank will be sporting the Captain's C. What about you guys?

My favorite all time player is the great Stevie Yzerman. I could go on and on why he is my favorite. But as for my favorite current player, that goes to Mr. Hank Zetterberg. I love the way he plays the game. And there is no doubt in my mind that after Nick retires, Hank will be sporting the Captain's C. What about you guys?

Exact same..

Guest DetroitIan

Yzerman all time.

Now Cleary for sure , he is everything I aspire to be. ( No jokes folks)

Actually, Cleary is up there in my top 5. He has been such a key part of our squad this year. I couldn't have hoped for anything better from Danny boy. :clap:

You got it. that is exactly what i was gonna say. Gotta love stevie and hank.

It's probably identical to alot of people.

All time - Yzerman

All time (non Wing) - Mario Lemieux

Current - Zetterberg

Current (non Wing) - Modano

All time and current defenseman - Lidstrom

All time defenseman (non Wing) - Macinnis

Current defenseman (non Wing) - Weber

All time and current goalie - Martin Brodeur

You guys are all too easy!

Favorite all time? # 16 Vince Bellissimo! Center for Western Michigan Bronco's - team captain - leader in points from 2003-2005. Could save a game with a late goal or huge hit, all around player... fan favorite! Plus his little bro played in net in 2005-2006 while he was a Senior and someone (I believe it was Ferris State [oh how I loathe thee] took a run at little Daniel and Vince went nuts... skated from the red line... and had the BIGGEST body check I've ever seen in CCHA play. <--- Dont mess with Vince's little bro! Vince went on to play in NHL farm teams for Carolina, and Daniel was still playing at Western as of last year... tearing it up as one of the best goalies Western has ever seen.

Favorite wing? I hate to admit it... as it seems to be the popular thing to say... but as many know, and many can attest to... Zata has been my favorite since seeing him pre-Red Wings. Everyone was touting Dats (still an awsome player and my g/f's fav) in 2003 and I was all over Z. Just struck me as having awsome potential... doing the little things that mean tons, plus having the touch.

Zata is all time second-fav.

Since I am a defenseman in real-life, I love Schnieds as the player I long to emulate. However - I am a left shooting left defenseman which puts me directly in the category of Lidstrom, who is my 4th all time favorite!

GO WINGS! GO BRONCOS!

Sorry guys I have to go "Old Skool" and say:

Gordie Howe & Ted Lindsay

Howe is a legend the nickname Mr. Hockey is trademarked to him, and Lindsay was the first to ever hoist the cup above his head starting a huge tradition.

Not to say Yzerman isn't in the list either.

Goalie: Sawchuck, then Vernon

Active?:

Hank & Cheli

Goalie:Hasek...I just love his style of play, and hopefully he is active for another year too.

Sigh...(reminiscing)

Yes, Stevie Yzerman, and of course Zetterberg. You know I watch Z play right now, and I see a carbon-copy of Yzerman. If he can polay like this now, just wait for next year!

Favourite all time: Steve Yzerman, he is the reason I became a hockey fan and a Wings fan....

Favourite active player: Nick Lidstrom, MVP....he is the epitome of class, a great leader, and is the best defenceman the NHL has ever seen since Bobby Orr.... Crosby said it best when asked "Which player did you know was good but didn't know how good until you actually played him?" and he replied "Nicklas Lidstrom".....

Favourite non-wing: Jason Spezza, with honourable mention to Marion Gaborik.....

Okay I am going to do my top 5 for each.

All Time-

Osgood

Brodeur

Joseph

Draper

Lidstrom

Current- *Wings*

Osgood

Calder

Cleary

Kronwall

Zetterberg

Current- *Non Wings*

Brodeur

Drury

Joseph

St.Louis

Lecavalier

Fedorov and Osgood

Osgood and Fedorov

:lol:

Guest Crymson

Sorry, I've got several.

Daniel Cleary: reasons obvious. Not since Stevie have I seen a guy who puts it on the line every shift like Cleary does. I've not seen one lazy move from him this entire season. He's an inspiration and nothing less.

Zatta: again, reasons obvious. He's a great player, and he's got fabulous leadership potential.

Datsyuk + Holmstrom: I couldn't leave them out. Datsyuk because he's so quirkily good and a team player. Homer because he's the demolition man, perhaps the toughest guy in the league.

Lidstrom: solid. Need I say more?

Lebda, Schneider, Chelios and Lilja (growing on me) I like too, and Markov has his moments. His stickhandling spree last night? Insane. He's Red Army, I tell you.. Spetznaz, no doubt.

Filpulla + Hudler + Kopecky are pretty cool too.

Draper and Maltby are rock-solid.

Hasek is pretty awesome as well. What a team player he was this year, too.

Ok, for that matter I love almost the entire team. Exceptions: Lang (lazy), Sammy (borderline), Bert and Calder (not enough time to get to know them), Kronwall (not enough time to get to know him either... heh, poor guy), aaaand I think that's it. Oh, I also hate Chris Osgood. Hehe, just kidding.

Those are my favorite players.. eheh.

Since I am a defenseman in real-life, I love Schnieds as the player I long to emulate. However - I am a left shooting left defenseman which puts me directly in the category of Lidstrom, who is my 4th all time favorite!

Ummm...Schnieder shoots left as well, or am I missunderstanding you?

Fav all-time Wing - Fedorov

Fav all-time Non-Wing - Messier

Fav current Wing - Zetterberg

Fav current Non-Wing - Crosby

:lol:

I'm pretty simple. I love Fedorov and Osgood, and I don't know how I love more. Usually whoever's closest in proximity at the time, right...ha ha. I always thought Fedorov had the edge over Ozzie until Ozzie got traded (that's what I say I know he wasn't traded) and I was completely devastated. I wasn't nearly as devasted when Sergei left, but maybe I was just numb about it by then. I like it right now with Feds on Columbus and Ozzie here where he belongs...though I won't be opposed to bringing Feds back.

I could get into my 'tier system' of the players I like after those 2, but it would just get confusing...I can say my top 5 Red Wings now, though...other than Ozzie, and currently playing:

Hudler

Lang

Bertuzzi

Lebda

Zettsyuk

I'm pretty simple. I love Fedorov and Osgood, and I don't know how I love more. Usually whoever's closest in proximity at the time, right...ha ha. I always thought Fedorov had the edge over Ozzie until Ozzie got traded (that's what I say I know he wasn't traded) and I was completely devastated. I wasn't nearly as devasted when Sergei left, but maybe I was just numb about it by then. I like it right now with Feds on Columbus and Ozzie here where he belongs...though I won't be opposed to bringing Feds back.

I could get into my 'tier system' of the players I like after those 2, but it would just get confusing...I can say my top 5 Red Wings now, though...other than Ozzie, and currently playing:

Hudler

Lang

Bertuzzi

Lebda

Zettsyuk

OMGNESS I knew I forgot someone. lksjdlkgjs HUDS! :(

You know I was thinking about free agency today and how amazing it would be if Feds came back. Can you just imagine him on a line with Pavel and Hank? I know they are all centers, but they can all play either wing as well. Damn..i'm already calling that it would be by far the best line in hockey.

All Time: Dino Ciccarelli

Current: Johan Franzen

Non-Wing All Time: Mike Bossy (even though i never saw him play)

Non-Wing Current: Brian Rolston

Edited by Dano33

OMGNESS I knew I forgot someone. lksjdlkgjs HUDS! :(

You know I was thinking about free agency today and how amazing it would be if Feds came back. Can you just imagine him on a line with Pavel and Hank? I know they are all centers, but they can all play either wing as well. Damn..i'm already calling that it would be by far the best line in hockey.

Feds would be good with Dats or with Flip I think...and he can pretty much play any position, including defense, so no problem placing him.

Picture it...someone to play the point on the PP!!!!! :D