• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Who else went to playoff games?

Rate this topic

I wen to every playoff game except for game 1 against the Duckies. For everyone else who went to playoff games, what was your favorite part about it? I still remember those acrobats for the Calgary series, and I was afraid that they would be around for the next rounds too, lol. I've also noticed that from now on, whenever I hear that stupid Pink song or any of the other songs they played in the pre-game things, I'll always remember those from the '07 playoffs. Anyone else have a favorite thing about the games this year?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

my favorite playoff game memory was using my free "go ducks" towel to dry some eyes when the wings won game-3 5-0 at the ponda... but alas, the duckies eventually got the last laugh on me.

Went to Round 1 Game 2 and Round 2 Game 2. Favorite moment would be in round 2 when Dats scored with 1:24 left in the game and "The Joe" went crazy. I had never hear "JLA" that loud before, it was great.

Offsides and I went to Round 1 Game 1, Round 1 Game 2 and Round 2 Game 1.

I love the joe at playoff time... especially when the team is winning.

Despite what people say from listening to the game on the radio OR watching on TV.... the Joe IS ROCKING!

Was at R1 G2 and 5; R2G2; and R3G5.

There were SO many good moments! I loved how the intensity at the Joe just got higher and higher with each round. I was glad to see the acrobats go for the later rounds - really didn't do much to get the crowd pumped - a band or something would have been better maybe? And as the same songs were played over and over pregame, it was exciting as we grew closer and closer to game time and knowing how many songs were left before they came out of the locker room!

Favorite game was R1G5. The penalty shot was SO amazing! History was made at the Joe. And our seats were about 6 rows up from the Calgary tunnel, so there was a riot down there after Kipp had to replace his back-up goon. Much beer was thrown!

After we beat the Sharks in game two, it was crazy walking out. Everyone was cheering and still chanting "Let's Go Red Wings" and horns were blaring as we went down from Cobo Roof like we had won the cup. We were driving home and were about 1.5 hrs outside Detroit and we saw another car passing us with their rally towels hanging outside their car windows still cheering to fellow fans and honking! That was fun too - this team has Class A fans!

Worst feeling - well obv. R3G5. Last minute was killer - very nervously excited and then just like that, it was over =(

Can't wait until playoffs 2008!! Summers are SO long!

Edited by redwingsgirl

I did go to a playoff game this year - Game 2 against Anaheim. My uncle bought us all tickets, mainly for my Dad's and brothers birthday. Even though the Wings lost, I have to say, it was the most fun Wings game I've ever been too. The Joe is a blast during playoff time!

I wen to every playoff game except for game 1 against the Duckies. For everyone else who went to playoff games, what was your favorite part about it? I still remember those acrobats for the Calgary series, and I was afraid that they would be around for the next rounds too, lol. I've also noticed that from now on, whenever I hear that stupid Pink song or any of the other songs they played in the pre-game things, I'll always remember those from the '07 playoffs. Anyone else have a favorite thing about the games this year?

I went to a game each round, and I think the best moment was definitely Dats winning it with 1:24 left. My ears were ringing all the way to the car it was so loud after that goal, great times. Also the autographed pucks charity on mother's day was a highlight, but game 2 against SJ takes the cake as the best.

I was at game 2 vs the Sharks. Best part was comeback from down 2-0 early to win 3-2 late in the third!

I went to game 1 vs the Ducks. Best part was the Duck fans behind me shut the hell up after we won the game. They were quacking in my ears all night!

I went to Round 1, Game 1. WHERE BERNIE HAPPENED! lol

It was a fantastic game, beating the Flames 4-1 and seeing the Wings completely dominated from beginning till end. Ooh and the scrum at the end that at that moment showed the Wings were a different team and weren't taking s*** from anyone.

Went to Rd 1 Gm 5, Rd 2 Gm 2, and Rd 3 Gm 5.

The round two game takes the cake, but everyone chanting "Calgary Sucks" at the end of Gm 5 was pretty great too.

Five of you went to Game 5 against Calgary, huh? Make it six, I was there too. (Thank you thank you thank you to YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.) Lot of fellow LGWers at that game, and I'll bet we're not the only six. Very memorable game. There are a few Red Wings memories that are burned into my mind for all time - some random goals, some highlight-reel plays, some low times, some gutsy efforts, some dirty shots. Cleary's penalty shot goal and McLennan's battle-axe slash are both now included.

Round 3 - Game 3, 4 and 6 at the Ponda.

BRTD I know who took you to that gammmmme.... LOL

The silence in Game 6 during the last 5 minutes was astonishing...it was GREAT... :) lol I have to say I did enjoy how "SHOCKED" the fans were...

My favorite thing about the playoff games besides the fact that I got to see the Detroit Red Wings in California for the WCF and seeing three hockey games in a week that were all Red Wings Games and I didn't have to FLY to see them was meeting up with about 5 or 6 new Red Wings Nation West Members...

Wing Nut 25

EastLansingNative

Shanahanman

BadVladForever

Love4Zetterberg

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

OK all these SoCal people are coming out of the woodwork - LET US KNOW before the game so we can all meet up!!! :)

Red Wings Nation West!!! Join IN!!

We have a Group Events Section - make sure you check there. I post all the events at least a week in advance of games (sometimes further out).

Round 3 GAME 2: best wings game i've ever been to. best game ever period. the joe was insane. i was high fiving after wings goals and grunting and bitching after both the ducks goals that were video reviewed counted. it sucked they lost but that game was exciting as hell and thats all i could ask for.

oh and the 16th row lower bowl seats (250 face value) were givin to myself and 3 family members by my saintly aunt. DARCY YOU ROCK!!!

i'd never trade that experience. GO GET EM IN 08!!!

I was at Round 1 game 1...which of course was amazing because it was the start of playoffs...and Bernie! But I was also at Round 2 Game 3....and I have to say that that was the BEST game I have ever been to in my life. JLA was freaking crazy that game and it was so amazing to hear how loud it got in there. Not to mention that we had seats next to some of the best fans ever (they were just as loud as we were...which is pretty god damn loud). Ahhh man....this is the only thing I hate about summer...no hockey :(

Oh and I totally had a dream last night that I was talking to Zetterberg? I was giving him crap about losing the series and he just kept saying sorry like 8 million times and then somehow we became friends. So needless to say when I woke up and realized that we were not friends, I wanted to kill myself :)

I was at Round 1 game 1...which of course was amazing because it was the start of playoffs...and Bernie! But I was also at Round 2 Game 3....and I have to say that that was the BEST game I have ever been to in my life. JLA was freaking crazy that game and it was so amazing to hear how loud it got in there. Not to mention that we had seats next to some of the best fans ever (they were just as loud as we were...which is pretty god damn loud). Ahhh man....this is the only thing I hate about summer...no hockey :(

Oh and I totally had a dream last night that I was talking to Zetterberg? I was giving him crap about losing the series and he just kept saying sorry like 8 million times and then somehow we became friends. So needless to say when I woke up and realized that we were not friends, I wanted to kill myself :)

Hey we were at the same game! :thumbup:

LOL at your dream! Poor Hank. At least he apologized! I had a dream once that I was best friends for Joe Thornton. It felt so real that when I woke up I was like "hmmm I wonder where Joe and I are going to hang today" :hehe:

I made it to 3 games this postseason.

Round 2, Games 1 and 2. Round 3, Game 1

Without a doubt the best moment was Datsyuk's game winner against the Sharks. I think everyone in the arena was high-fiving after that goal.

My wife and I went to Round 2, Game 5 against the Sharks. The Wings won 4-1. My favorite moment was when Nabakov tried to shoot the puck around Datsyuk, but hit Datsyuk instead. Datsyuk scored an empty netter and the Joe went crazy!

Without a doubt the best moment was Datsyuk's game winner against the Sharks. I think everyone in the arena was high-fiving after that goal.

My fav moment too... It took about a week for me to get my voice back after that game.

Only had the money for one playoff game, glad I went to that one.