• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsofHope

The Young Wings Thread

Rate this topic

So I am intrigued with the future of the detroit redwings, and I particularly see it in three players, Filpulla, Hudler, and Griggs (perhaps also Kopecky). That being said we will surely have more in time to come, but I just wanted to be able to discuss them with everyone.

1. What impact will they have next year? (Stats, Positions, Lines, Team Sucess)

2. What impact will they have in the future? (Any of these guys going to end up the future of the team, ie Zets, and Dats? How long till they come into their prime, and what does their prime look like?)

3. What other players have the opportunity to come up and play alongside them?

4. Anything else that needs to be said, discussed?

Sorry if this has been posted. I am at work and I can't get these guys off of my mind.

I honestly have no idea about some of them... except for Flip and Hudler. Kronwall is everybody's "Is he gonna learn how to keep himself healthy?" question mark, Grigorenko is simply another big uncertainty, and that rounds most of the 'hey we know what you got' guys.

Then there's Lebda--this is his third season, but he's still developing. Anyone's seen some of his offensive initiative especially when it comes to his ease with carrying the puck right into their zone with speed himself, and that's something. I haven't seen that out of a lot of Wing -forwards- this playoff run.

And yet the guy is obviously able to do it, post-season or not. Honestly though, when it comes down to our two brightest stars: it's Jiri Hudler, then Valterri Filppula. Hands down.

Flip is more dependable with his size, but I truly believe that Huds is the one with the better hands, on-ice awareness, and basic skill with the puck. This year he needs more icetime... because the guy deserves it.

Edited by Flip-check

Guest jaytan

Anybody live in Grand Rapids or follow the Griffins closely? I can keep track of the Wings, but I'm not caught up enough on our prospects.

im really excited about the future

we got guys like jimmy howard,jakub kindl,igor grigorenko that i feel can be huge players for us ......helm and abdelkader can be huge 3rd line players for us and guys that can be maybe a draper/maltby type duo of the future

3 guys i really got high hopes for are .....

johan ryno - big body with skill

daniel larsson - i really got high hopes for him and as much as i love howard and hopes hes gonna be great i got this guy feeling telling me he will be even better then howard

dick axelsson - hes a goal scoring machine in sweden and i just hope to god he can be awesome one day with the wings and be a 30 goal scorer

im really excited about the future

we got guys like jimmy howard,jakub kindl,igor grigorenko that i feel can be huge players for us ......helm and abdelkader can be huge 3rd line players for us and guys that can be maybe a draper/maltby type duo of the future

3 guys i really got high hopes for are .....

johan ryno - big body with skill

daniel larsson - i really got high hopes for him and as much as i love howard and hopes hes gonna be great i got this guy feeling telling me he will be even better then howard

dick axelsson - hes a goal scoring machine in sweden and i just hope to god he can be awesome one day with the wings and be a 30 goal scorer

Me too.

Kindl , Mursak , Emmerton , Ericsson , Quincey ,Ryno , Larsson , Abdelkader ........ The list goes on . Sure when you look at the Wings there's not any " super stars " in the making that stand out , but there's a lot of really good young player's there that will potentially be solid NHL players for the Red Wings for years too come.

I mean , who would have thought that Henrik Zetterberg would turn out to be the player he is today. :thumbup:

The future look's bright. :)

Me too.

Kindl , Mursak , Emmerton , Ericsson , Quincey ,Ryno , Larsson , Abdelkader ........ The list goes on . Sure when you look at the Wings there's not any " super stars " in the making that stand out , but there's a lot of really good young player's there that will potentially be solid NHL players for the Red Wings for years too come.

I mean , who would have thought that Henrik Zetterberg would turn out to be the player he is today. :thumbup:

The future look's bright. :)

What did Zetts put up before he was a wing?

Is Filpulla going to be as good as Zetts or Dats though? What stats is he going to come up with next year? What about Hudler?

It's probably a big no. I don't think either of them have anywhere near that talent.

What did Zetts put up before he was a wing?

It's right over here, along with his NHL stats:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...83&tab=crst

Hank's early Wing production hovered around 15-22, and Jiri picked up 15 notches on extremely limited ice time, but I think it's still apples and oranges for either Flip or Huds.

It's probably a big no. I don't think either of them have anywhere near that talent.It's right over here, along with his NHL stats:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...83&tab=crst

Hank's early Wing production hovered around 15-22, and Jiri picked up 15 notches on extremely limited ice time, but I think it's still apples and oranges for either Flip or Huds.

I don't think that Flip is gonna be as good as Zetts . But Filppula is exactly the type of player that I'm exited about the Wings having in their youth rank's. A very solid NHL player , who's capable of putting up a good point production.

Guest Agalloch

Is Filpulla going to be as good as Zetts or Dats though? What stats is he going to come up with next year? What about Hudler?

Um... how the hell do you expect anyone to know that? No one here can see in the future and predict Filppula to score twenty goals and collect fifty points. We don't even know how much ice time he'll be getting next year.

And there's no way to tell if he's going to be as good as Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Again, you can't just look into the future to find these answers.

Um... how the hell do you expect anyone to know that? No one here can see in the future and predict Filppula to score twenty goals and collect fifty points. We don't even know how much ice time he'll be getting next year.

And there's no way to tell if he's going to be as good as Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Again, you can't just look into the future to find these answers.

Wow, all of these threads are about predictions. Now I am not going to go write these down and chew out people if what they say are wrong. I am looking for OPINIONS. If you don't have any guesses as to how they are going to turn out, go discuss in another thread. If you have a hunch or a guess, or even a desire for what type of player they are going to turn out to be, then I'd love to hear your input. If you have a problem it would be a lot better for you to ignore it than to criticize my attempt at thought provoking discussion.

Nobody mentioned Evan McGrath, will he have any future roles? Not a great year in the A this year, but next year he'll be a solid Griffin player who (you never know) may get called up.

After watching Darren Helm , at the world Junoirs and throughout the WHL season , and through the playoffs and Mem cup. He is the real deal , A great skater , he can fight , he can skate , He can score , he can hit , Hes a good leader and he's consistent.

He's 19 now , I'd expect when hes 20 , The Wings will give him a bid in the A, Then seeing how he does , maybe a spot on the Bigs , thats all in the future tho.

He's imo , the most underated prospect we have. He could be a good 2nd liner , not the 3rd liner everyone says is his "career potential"

i could see filppula eventually turning into a 20 goal 40 assist a year kinda guy who plays on the PK and PP units

i see hudler eventually turning into a 30 goal 25 assist a year kinda guy who plays on the PP

kopecky may be a 10 goal 10 assist guy who plays on the PK

grigs i am up in arms about... probably a 20 goal 25 assist guy down the road

thats my take. not etched in stone. and probably not right. just guessing.

Mursak .. future star player 1st or 2nd line

Kindl.... Lids natural replacement. Will be a very good player for us.

Emmerton..could be the one to build team around after Dats and Z ?

Ericsson.. Physical big D we are lacking. 5/6 D

Helm & Abdelkader future chk duo.

Grigorenko... this guy was on a line with Kovalchuk and Dats for Russia,

he has all the tools to do well, lost some speed but I don't think it will be

that much of a hinderance. If he makes it and can settle, we will benefit.

Flip will be a solid 2nd line C.

Huds, I have a soft spot for Rex, I think he was hard done by in the p/o

but that is history. Would love him to have more of a say next year but

I just think Babs has a hang up about him for some reason. Could be a

25-30 goal scorer, but will he be traded away? I hope not.

Flip and Huds on a line with Grigs? This could be very entertaining indeed. Skill, flair, grit and goals the new 'JIV'e line? Ya never know eh!

I think you might be giving Emmerton, Mursak, and Kindl too much credit, but if your estimates are correct, I wouldn't complain.