• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shutTHEduckUP

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

Rate this topic

if... you're already counting down until the season opener in October.

if...you are SUPER supersticious on playoff game days. Even up to the color bowl you eat your cereal out of in the morning, because you seriously think it will effect the outcome of that night's game. <- guilty. (It has to be red or white or a shade of those colors... pink, gray, etc.)

if... you have permanent lines and bags under your eyes from staying up to watch those late night West Coast games.

Edited by wingfan4ever

if your initial reaction to this post was to wonder what Darren had to do with that, and then realize it didn't say "McCartyian".

*sheepishly* I so didl

if...you are SUPER supersticious on playoff game days. Even up to the color bowl you eat your cereal out of in the morning, because you seriously think it will effect the outcome of that night's game. <- guilty. (It has to be red or white or a shade of those colors... pink, gray, etc.)

LOL

Guilty indeed.

There were times that I'd take a shower and there were orangish towels and I was like EWWW noo Anaheim colors. So I'd throw it on the floor and get me a red or white one. Same goes with bowls as well!

You are in CO during playoffs and are told to get served at Starbucks you need to take your jacket off. Walk out and walk back n with your Stevie Y jersey on and say "that would be a mocha ...beetch and did you liike Jiris shot last night?

You are in CO during playoffs and are told to get served at Starbucks you need to take your jacket off. Walk out and walk back n with your Stevie Y jersey on and say "that would be a mocha ...beetch and did you liike Jiris shot last night?

ZING! Did your server cry non-fat, no whip, grande mocha latte tears?

*Your wedding was intentionally planned in the off-season, when writing your own vows "to be always faithful to the Red WIngs" was almost included (mom whispered it aloud instead), the wedding colors were red and and white, personalized hockey pucks were given as favors, AND the honeymoon was planned to include a full day at the HHOF before going to Niagara Falls. (ALL TRUE!)

And...there are totes of Red Wings baby onsies, sleepers, socks, wall hangins for a nursery ect just waiting for the unconceived children. (again, true)

*When people call so send their sympathies after a playoff loss and you have a black jersey for mourning. (true)

*Also agree with the "game day tradition" posts and the outcomes affecting your mood for days; it's a passion not a hobby.

Edited by redwingsgirl

You order Hotwings at the bar you are watching the game at, and decied how hot they will be when you order by how bad the Wings need a victory. Also, you do not touch one untill the Wings actually score a goal because, then they are considered Wings, for the Wings.

You walk into the bar with your Hasek (home) or Yzerman (away) jersey on depending where they are playing and the waitress brings you the remote to change the TV and then asks how bad the wings need a victory, because she knows your method for ordering your food.

You go out to watch a playoff game and have them turn the biggest TV in the Cubs bar from the Cubs game to Versus because it is the only one that gets satelite.

These are all true and I must say im guilty of the thousands of miles away thing too...

...you have 2 birthdays, your actual and March 26, 1997...

...you know where Dave Strader got his start...

...you know what PASS sports was...

...you remember when most of the world pronouced it "Yei-zerman"

...remember when Mickey was bald!

...own at least 1 "Bruise Bros." VHS tape...

...wished they had never traded Adam Oates...

...What the HELL were they thinking drafting Joe Murpey over Jimmy Carson?

...What the hell were they thinking trading for Jimmy Carson!?!?!

...Goodwill Games in Seattle...

...Hit em' with your purse Bernie!!!

This one is for my dad... Your wife knows playoffs is the worst time to ever try and get some sleep. Everytime the wings score you can my dad scream throughout the entire house, and when they're losing.... well you can hear him scream throughout the entire house.

This was the best thread I've ever read hahahaha.

I do the same thing with the superstitions on game days...it gets REALLY bad. Everyone I know also knows to stay away from me after a wings loss...i can get pretty evil.

-in Chem class when we would have to go and get "unknown samples" that were labeled with numbers, I'd come back and say we got Stevie, Hank, Cheli, Cleary, etc.

-at the gym I only get lockers with numbers that belong to a wing. (it's been Cheli lately)

-i never ever ever ever miss a game, and if i HAVE to...TiVo comes to the rescue (thanks to my boyfriend)

-my boyfriend knows that if by some chance there is a god and I ever had the chance to be with Henrik I would take him in a heart beat.

-january 2, 2007 was the saddest day of my life

here goes.....

1. When driving tp da UP for vacation we always have to go by JLA....even though it's never hockey season :(

2. You go to the sporting good store with your son (last week) for new street pucks and he see's they have NHL offical pucks and he's looking thru and you ask did you find one and he say's nope they only have the ducks and the yotes and i want a "REAL TEAM'S PUCK' then he goes to the clerk and asks for red wings' pucks and the clerk actually ask who the red wings are and my 9 year old looks at her like she's nuts and says "ONLY THE BEST DAMN TEAM IN THE WORLD". It was like he took his first steps all over again.....

3. When it's hockey season and the kids' know if the DRW's are playing don't repeat ANYTHING that comes out of Mom's mouth.

You think people are kidding when they say there is a hockey team in Arizona.

hey now the only reason we have a hockey team in AZ is so us red wing's fans can see them play live.....don't diss the yotes...they suck enough without our help :P

:hehe:

Your schedule everything around the Wings

Your pets have a red wing collar or named it after a player

You remember when the Wings used to be on UPN (Ch 50) instead of versus!!! (Fu*k versus)

then he goes to the clerk and asks for red wings' pucks and the clerk actually ask who the red wings are and my 9 year old looks at her like she's nuts and says "ONLY THE BEST DAMN TEAM IN THE WORLD". It was like he took his first steps all over again.....

There are moments in life where individuals come to believe that people, actually, are worthy of and fundamentally good.

Then a moment like now, where: To read this makes me actually want to have children, in hopes of recreating precisely that same moment.

Just like this.