• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shutTHEduckUP

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

Rate this topic

First Post ever here for me!!

You live in the South and get the weirdest looks from everyone when you tell them the reason you are in such a bad mood is because "the wings lost and I don't want to talk about it."

You have to defend Hockey to almost everyone you know because they don't understand the game and think its a retarded sport, but still tell them about last nights win with great detail and excitement.

living in carolina, i can relate.

i also get called a traitor a lot, though i loved the red wings long before there was a team here and most people didn't know what hockey was.

i can also relate to those bad mood posts.

i teach 92 middle schoolers. they KNOW when to not mess with me. scores are actually posted on my whiteboard every morning.

You read this entire thread and saw yourself in about 80% of the posts... :cool:

You have a whole system for when the Wings play west-coast games, you live in Hockeytown and have to get up earliy in the morning - come home from work, eat dinner, go to bed until 10 PM, get up, watch game, go to bed when game is over (around 12:30-1 AM), get up for work at regular time.

You won't go to bed before a west-coast playoff game is over no matter how many overtimes it goes to, even if you have to get up early in the morning.

You remember numbers by player's jersey numbers. For example, on vacation one year our room number was 529 - Lidstrom, Fetisov and Howe, or Lidstrom and Vernon.

You work in the PR department of an ad agency and the media buying manager comes to you to ask what the best Wings games are during which to purchase ad time for clients.

You walk into the Joe and it feels like you are entering sacred ground.

You say, "Jesus, Mary and Curtis Joseph!"

You have a framed picture of your favorite Wing player nestled among your family photos.

You talk about the players like you know them personally, usually using their nicknames.

When the Wings lose in the playoffs, people come up to you saying things like, "are you okay?" and "I'm sorry" as if someone died.

You can never have too many things with the Winged Wheel on them.

No matter who has the C on his jersey, Steve Yzerman will ALWAYS be The Captain.

No matter who has the C on his jersey, Steve Yzerman will ALWAYS be The Captain.

:thumbup:

I still havnt changed the wallpaper from the the confrance finals, or shaved yet.

Edited by Millertime

YOU are the one who toilet-papered Giguere's house!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

You just spent a half hour reading 7 pages of these, and didn't once think, "Who does that?' but several times though 'Phew! I'm not the only one!!'

Hahaha That's ME!!!

You truly believe that every little thing you do (or don't do) during the course of a WIngs game day could actually affect the outcome even though you're a thousand miles away... :lol:

Oh man, I am so guilty of this!!! :lol: As well as buying Little Caesar's to support the team.

Hot and ready, $5!!! :D

Guest ZDH

You wonder how all of the big name UFA's would look in a Red Wings uniform and then come to the realization there is a Salary Cap. You count down the days until Red Wings Training Camp and the Exhibition season starts. You miss blaming Mick McGeough or Kerry Fraser for Red Wings losses. You find yourself watching a Wings/Blue Jackets game in the middle of July which was played in November. You tell everyone you know that next season is the "Red Wings year." You think of how the Wings would have done had they been 100% healthy. Each time the Wings lose you can rationalize it to bad referreing, inuries, team playing the night before or s*** luck or hot goaltending. You always blame the Wings goalie after each loss even if he played well. You blame Robert Lang for everything. You wonder who will replace Lang as the new Wings' fans daily scapegoat. Early favourites are Maltby, Samuelsson and Lilja. You own a Red Wings blanket, Red Wings boxers and Red Wings salt and pepper shakers. Everytihing in your wardrobe is Red Wings related. You still have contempt for losing the 95 SCF to NJ. You schedule your holidays around the Red Wings playoff schedule. You call in sick when the Wings lose in OT because you can't face the Leaf fans the next day at work. You play NHL2007 on Playstation 2 and make the Wings go 82-0 and 16-0. You make unrealistic trades on the game like Hudler and a 1st for Lecavalier. You create yourself in the game and give yourself a rating of 100 and play Anaheim and always smoke Pronger when you get the chance. You can't wait for the Wings schedule to come out so you can plan when going to see them at the Joe. You watch old game tapes from 1986 when Probie beat up Jim Kyte. You ***** each time you see ESPN Canada playing the stupid Game 7 Laffs OT playoff game in '93 when Nick the Prick scored the winner on a shot from Bob Rouse. You wonder every now and then how many Cups the Wings would have won had Konstantinov not been injured in that awful car crash. You have this need to buy another Wings jersey and cannot decide which player name and number you want. You wonder how empty your life would be if you did not love being a Red Wings fan.

Edited by ZDH

Everywhere you go you always have several octopi ready to be thrown...

At another teams sporting event.

At church.

At your daughters ballet recital

middle of the night going to pee

at your favorite restaurant

out your car window

Basically anywhere and everyewhere you go..also you give off a big yell as you do it.

But thats just me :lol:

you turn to Letsgowings.com for your late breaking NHL news, rather than NHL.com, or TSN, because the info comes more quickly, and usually is more accurate...

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

you turn to Letsgowings.com for your late breaking NHL news, rather than NHL.com, or TSN, because the info comes more quickly, and usually is more accurate...

:thumbup: I think we all do that. The source's on here are a lot more trust worthy than Eklund and his dumbass buddy's. :)

Everywhere you go you always have several octopi ready to be thrown...

At another teams sporting event.

At church.

At your daughters ballet recital

middle of the night going to pee

at your favorite restaurant

out your car window

Basically anywhere and everyewhere you go..also you give off a big yell as you do it.

But thats just me :lol:

You think these other teams who throw out such things as catfish, beef and shark are just jealous of the great octopi tradition. You call them 'poseurs'.

You wouldn't really throw an octopus at your daughter's ballet recital, would you????

you refuse to change the difficaulty level on nhl 2k7 because you really enjoy beating your oppnents 10-0 every game....with dats, Z, and Lang with 120+ goals and going 82-0

I have scored 70 goals on 2K6 pro level.

You think these other teams who throw out such things as catfish, beef and shark are just jealous of the great octopi tradition. You call them 'poseurs'.

You wouldn't really throw an octopus at your daughter's ballet recital, would you????

Only if its playoff time, I might hold off on the yell. And if I did toss it I would do it after the recital was ending. :hehe:

...you come back home from college and hang out with some friends you haven't seen since christmas. what do they say to you first? "how are your wings doing?"

...friends and family know to not talk to you after a loss in an important game.

...your orthopedic surgeon in Cincinnati, OH (i live in michigan) knows you as the red wings fan.

...as a college student, i spend more money on red wings stuff (ie. tickets, clothes, memorabilia) than i do anything other than gas and food.

haha when the little boy you babysit got an NHL game for his playstation and you changed everything so you could beat the Ducks 29-3..... with Lang scoring about 10 of those :thumbup:

LOL... totally guilty of that.

You know your a wings fan if you have bought every song they play at the Joe on your IPod and listen to it on game day, I can see clearly now, irish jig (although not anymore), do the lang, ect.

Also if, you go on vacation with your family to some tropical location, but decide to stay in the hotel room and watch the Wings on tv instead of laying out in the sun.

LOL... totally guilty of that.

You know your a wings fan if you have bought every song they play at the Joe on your IPod and listen to it on game day, I can see clearly now, irish jig (although not anymore), do the lang, ect.

Also if, you go on vacation with your family to some tropical location, but decide to stay in the hotel room and watch the Wings on tv instead of laying out in the sun.

haha yeah, and as I was just finishing his dad came home and thought I was like an expert at the game....haha I didnt tell him I had it on the easiest mode with the advantages set to my goalie and my players :ph34r:

I burned a cd for my car with a bunch of the songs they play!! Although I put "Little Willy" (the one they played after Jason Williams scored) on there and then like a week later he was gone :( lol Its still my fave cd to listen to in the car!

...if you wake up at 2:45 am b/c you REALLY have to pee but first you check here JUST in case there was a blockbuster trade made in the last three hours while you were sleeping. Or there's a new goalie thread you can roll your eyes at.

You watched the Wings game on the airplane during your trip to your sister's wedding in Mexico and then got angry when it cut off flying over the ocean...

You paid $5.00 USD for 10 mins of internet 4x in Mexico to check if the Wings beat the Sharks...

Instead of socializing with guests after your sister's wedding you run back to the internet room to find out Detroit won and kicked out the Sharks. You come back later and everybody thinks you're so happy for your sister..

You had the worst day of work after the trip when cbc.ca wasn't streaming the Wings game online..

Instead of the usual gloating whenever Detroit loses, all your friends asked if you were going to be okay when Detroit got kicked out last week.. :angry: including a call and a text message from the wife right after making sure you're fine.

You picked Detroit to go to the finals and won money off all your friends who picked Vancouver/Calgary.. :thumbup:

Over the course of this time you bought only Pepsi cans from the vending machine hoping to get the Detroit Stanley Cup can. BTW I finally got the Brendan Shanahan one just two days ago after 9 Brad Richards, 3 Brodeurs, 4 Staals and 1 Sakic.

You wish you found this forum a lot sooner.

Edited by bobmarley