• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shutTHEduckUP

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

Rate this topic

when u go to your shirt drawer and say what number do I wear today.

My wife wants me to wear shirts in a diffrent color other than red,I just don't understand why.There is no other color for a Red Wing fan. :D

You know you're a wings fan when...

You explain what the trap is and how bad the sharks really suck to your non-hockey watching having wife is, and end the conversation with

" hockey isn't a sport, really it's a way if life!"

when you have to work late and have the game recording on DVr when the schmuck at the store you're buying beer at says "Did you see the Wings beat Nashville Tonight?" You can barely resist the urge to drop your gloves and punch him.

When you go out to buy new hockey sticks for your season opener, and choose the Yzerman blade length/curl over the Sakic, even though Joe's might fit your playing style a little better because f*** SAKIC right?

Edited by Bad Vlad Forever

when you have to work late and have the game recording on DVr when the schmuck at the store you're buying beer at says "Did you see the Wings beat Nashville Tonight?" You can barely resist the urge to drop your gloves and punch him.

I had two people do that to me this year I wanted to punch them.

I had two people do that to me this year I wanted to punch them.

Did you ??? :P

You know your a Wings fan if you spend the whole night debating what the Wings should do with their UFA's. :crazy:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Did you ??? :P

No I did not. I told the first guy who told me that I was recording it to watch later (he had told me it was tied 2-2 or something like that) and he just kept appologizing haha. then the next time my cousin came into work and goes "When I left the score had just gotten tied....just so you know" so then my curiousity got me and we checked the 6 o'clock news to see who had won.....that was the game with the big Lilija blunder.....wrecked my entire night lol

Your pets have a red wing collar or named it after a player

You remember when the Wings used to be on UPN (Ch 50) instead of versus!!!

Ha, I would definately name my dog after one of the players if she were a he.

I remember when games were on UPN. Last summer while I was trying to fill my hockey fix, I was watching a game from October 1997, just a few games into the season.They were talking about what they would have to do to win the Cup again in the future. It was funny to watch, when after that season, they won the Cup again. :)

Plus... I've got a few new You might be a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

-you know where you were at 12 p.m. on Monday July 3, 2006.

-you remember phone numbers, locker combos, etc. by using players numbers. Last year I had a locker with the number 19 in it. Trust me, I never forgot how to open my locker!

-you pray that your future husband is a Red Wings fan too.

you buy your girlfriend a wings jersey fit for a girl, the Red Wings DVD, and a Red Wings bumper sticker for Christmas even though she barely likes hockey.*

Everyone on campus knows you as either "The Red Wings fan" or "That hockey guy"

you ran down a hallway to hip check a blues fan after a loss

You convinced a long time blues fan to root for the Wings and his favorite player is now Zetterberg

*side note that relationship mentioned earlier did not last long

You write the wings names and numbers on tennis balls to play street hockey during the summer.

Its a family event to play Ice hockey in your wings jerseys during the winter.

YOU SCREAM AT DOM TO GET BACK IN THE NET, EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW HE CANT HERE YOU. IF HE COULD HE WOULDNT LISTEN ANYWAY!

You can sit on you tube just to look up clips of March 26th and the turtle.

You can sit up for hours just to see your beloved wings play a pre-season west coast game.

You randomly body check your friends to get the rush when there isnt any hockey on.

You've gotten concussions or stitches from pretending you are a Wing playing against the Avs

All guilty :D

If between periods you have mock checking and hockey fights to spice things up during the Versus awful intermission.

**** We have had black eyes, two bloody noses, a foot long hole in the drywall (which was a ***** to repair) and a broken hand.******

You write the wings names and numbers on tennis balls to play street hockey during the summer.

YOU SCREAM AT DOM TO GET BACK IN THE NET, EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW HE CANT HERE YOU. IF HE COULD HE WOULDNT LISTEN ANYWAY!

You can sit up for hours just to see your beloved wings play a pre-season west coast game.

You randomly body check your friends to get the rush when there isnt any hockey on.

You've gotten concussions or stitches from pretending you are a Wing playing against the Avs

Ok i am finishing my list under my name... lol

You finish reading all of these post and try to go to bed but you cant because all you can think of is more of these rediculous jokes. :D

Edited by Williams29fan

:lol: Good one Zata , Damn those pesky Av's. :P

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if at the beginning of hockey season you have "Red Wings Red" polish put on your toenails and when the lady asks every two weeks during the season/playoffs "what color you like" you hand her the same polish you gave her two weeks prior and she wonders WHY you're wearing the same color as last time.

If you are in an opposing fans building and they chant "Detroit Sucks/ Red WIngs Suck" your counter reply is "Count Our CUPS!"

You wear the RGDT for EVERY game regardless of back to back games (yes, washed and cleaned :P )

You own Red Wings Checks, Return Address labels and on your voicemail messages at the end of the message it says "Let's Go Red Wings" regardless of the time of year.

Your desktop wallpaper is the Yzerman Mural and you actually took the picture of it and don't even live there.

July 3, 2006 you emailed your friend with the 8 season tickets to the JLA and told him Yzerman just announced his retirement and I MUST BE THERE no matter when it is and if I can only have 1 ticket, it doesn't matter.

You answer - YES, I flew to Detroit JUST to see Yzerman's jersey retired.

You have a red wings personalized license plate and a window decal and still aren't being harassed in Southern California by Ducks fans because no one is paying attention to the Ducks in the SCF. (Go Figure!)

Your cats id tag underneath his name and telephone number says "Let's Go Red Wings!" and your brother tells you- you better hope an Av's fan doesn't ever find your cat.

All of your t-shirts are Red Wings.

Your hall closet isn't filled with winter coats - it's filled with Detroit Red Wings Jerseys, Hoodies, and the like.

You have frozen pucks in your freezer and everyone asks why when they open it for ice.

You have more digital pictures of pregame skates/hockey games than anything else even your trip to Paris.

When a ducks fan asks you who you just took a picture with and you proudly say "Matt Schneider Defensemen for the Detroit Red Wings" and he tells you the guy next to him is Ray Liotta and you say "SO?"

Half the people in your cell phone are Letsgowings.com people from all over the country.

In your china cabinet on the top middle shelf is a 2 and a half foot tall Stanley Cup, Playoff Wings Pom and a puck signed by Yzerman from when you met him and an Yzerman Bobblehead that's still in the box.

It's not a birthday for you without some Red Wings Merch.

You explain the game of hockey in a place where you hope hockey will become more popular in the likes that you will recruit MORE Wings fans...

When you go out to buy new hockey sticks for your season opener, and choose the Yzerman blade length/curl over the Sakic, even though Joe's might fit your playing style a little better because f*** SAKIC right?

You have no idea how many times I've done that or something similar.

-you know where you were at 12 p.m. on Monday July 3, 2006.

I'm pretty sure I will for the rest of my life, no joke.

Yes to all of those actually, ESPECIALLY the 3/26 thing. That's just what I do when I can't find anything else. I always go until I can find the best one with the announcer saying, "And no one is there. No is there.... to help Claude Lemieux."

Gives me chills just thinking about that line.