• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shutTHEduckUP

You know you're a Detroit Red Wings fan if...

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

.. you take every possible moment to tease opposing teams in your area.

I live near San Jose. While I didn't manage to go to a Sharks/Wings game, there was a Heaven and Hell (Dio's Black Sabbath+Megadeth+Machine Head) concert at the HP Pavilion just before the playoff series started. Instead of wearing my old metal tour t-shirts like a good metalhead, I wore my light Wings sweater, and shouted, "GO WINGS!" while inside. Of the large group of friends we had, while not big hockey fans, one friend in particular would assist in stirring the pot -- occasionally yelling, "HEY! THIS GUY'S A WINGS FAN!". It was hard not to have a good time with that. :D

You know you a Detroit Red Wings fan if your already counting down the month's , week's, day's, hour's , minutes and second's till training camp. :crazy::D

Guilty as hell! I'm making plans already!

*phew* :D

your a Wings fan if, you know more about them than your older cousin who has been a "fan for years and years" and he tries telling you that Lebda is from Sweden, and doesnt believe you until You tell him he went to Notre Dame, and then he believes you because that makes Lebda a good Irish lad........my cousin is weird

If you like Brett Lebda simply because he wears the Winged Wheel and can look past the fact that he went to Notre Dame; something you hate more than anything in the entire world, more than words can explain.

Meh, that's all I got. And I'm not a huge fan of those people from South Bend, IN if you can't tell.

.. you take every possible moment to tease opposing teams in your area.

I live near San Jose. While I didn't manage to go to a Sharks/Wings game, there was a Heaven and Hell (Dio's Black Sabbath+Megadeth+Machine Head) concert at the HP Pavilion just before the playoff series started. Instead of wearing my old metal tour t-shirts like a good metalhead, I wore my light Wings sweater, and shouted, "GO WINGS!" while inside. Of the large group of friends we had, while not big hockey fans, one friend in particular would assist in stirring the pot -- occasionally yelling, "HEY! THIS GUY'S A WINGS FAN!". It was hard not to have a good time with that. :D

Nice story. I've never found it a mistake to wear a Red Wings hockey shirt anywhere.

I've had bets this year on games with an OC (Dana Point) band that I'm acquainted with, and I've gotten a couple "I told you so, and you owe Jaeger" texts from the two guys in the band that follow Duck hockey. Argh.

http://www.myspace.com/theconfession

Great music, Matt Sanders (M. Shadows) from Avenged Sevenfold produced their CD... Ducks missed a bet by not featuring some of the awesome music coming out of OC instead of... Stephen Stills? Yikes, loved him BITD, but holy NOT, Batman (or rather, BettMAN!) :rolleyes:

...if when you make a list of the things you want for your birthday and/or Christmas it consists entirely of Red Wings stuff.

...if every time you go shopping you come home with some Red Wing related thing.

...if you've ever considered going to or went to a Halloween party as your favorite player (doesn't matter if you're male or female).

...if you make it your life's mission to turn your nieces and/or nephews into Wings fans.

...if your family thinks you don't want to go to Omaha, Nebraska, to look for a job because you will not be able to go to Wings games (seriously, this is happening to me right now. Why Omaha, you ask? Because my sister and brother-in-law are moving there and supposedly I can live with them while I look. Sorry, but I do not want to live in Omaha freking Nebraska!!! :crazy: )

...if when you make a list of the things you want for your birthday and/or Christmas it consists entirely of Red Wings stuff.

...if every time you go shopping you come home with some Red Wing related thing.

...if you've ever considered going to or went to a Halloween party as your favorite player (doesn't matter if you're male or female).

...if you make it your life's mission to turn your nieces and/or nephews into Wings fans.

...if your family thinks you don't want to go to Omaha, Nebraska, to look for a job because you will not be able to go to Wings games (seriously, this is happening to me right now. Why Omaha, you ask? Because my sister and brother-in-law are moving there and supposedly I can live with them while I look. Sorry, but I do not want to live in Omaha freking Nebraska!!! :crazy: )

:lol: I've started doing that , He's not even 2 yet and i've already got my nephew watch Red Wing's game's. :):thumbup:

You know you're a Wing if...

... God averages almost 30 minutes a night.

... you want a power-forward, scoring winger, Canadian for Christmas.

... Yzerman and Gordie are far and away the best hockey players ever. Gretzky's somewhere down there.

Edited by Earthhuman

... Yzerman and Gordie are far and away the best hockey players ever. Gretzky's somewhere down there.

*put's hand up *

I agree with each and everyone , so I must be what they call ..........A RED WINGS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...all your friends who don't follow hockey hate Chris Pronger.

...you forward your girlfriends pics of Hank (any pic) and Kronwall (in swimwear) and Flip's older bro (bare chested) in hopes on converting them to hockey.

...everyone at your church now knows about 2006 since you wore your Tre Kronor sweater to the church picnic, and pointed out how many of that team are Red Wings. They also know that your local NBC pre-empted Game 3 of the SCF for a telethon.

...you can't look at any sort of waterfowl without thinking about what might have been.

...you practice the National Anthem in case Karen Newman loses her voice.

I'm in on the third one! Gretzky doesn't even make a blip on my radar!

55fan, if my local NBC station did that I'd blow it up. Classless jerks. And I'll bet you'd sing a hell of a lot better than Karen Newman can! Hell, a kazoo player would sound better than her!

I am already planning to convert my still unborn son to be a Wings Fan......this will be difficult seeing as how his mother is a Flames Fan...........I must find a way to do this!

I'm having a difficult time since my brother in law is from South Africa and is a HUGE soccer fan (Man U). He is as into soccer as I am into hockey. :P But I will triumph!! :cool:

Here are a few more...

...you have a CD on to which you have burned songs they play at the Joe, including both the US and Canadian national anthems, "Hey Hey Hockeytown," the music they play when the Wings score and various songs they play during the pregame warmups and on faceoffs (including AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" and you HATE AC/DC!). Of course, I made it before this season, so it includes the Irish Jig, just for Shanny... :(

...you celebrate Steve Yzerman's birthday like it's a holiday.

...all of your message board screen names and email accounts have something to do with the Wings, like either a player name or number, even if the message boards and email accounts have nothing to do with the Wings or hockey.

*Your wedding was intentionally planned in the off-season, when writing your own vows "to be always faithful to the Red WIngs" was almost included (mom whispered it aloud instead), the wedding colors were red and and white, personalized hockey pucks were given as favors, AND the honeymoon was planned to include a full day at the HHOF before going to Niagara Falls. (ALL TRUE!) ...

My wedding reception was on the second floor of a two story hall. As you approached the top of stairs we had a ice sculpture of the Red Wings' logo. Table numbers were of course player's jersey numbers.

The placard at each table calling the table (jersey) number had that player's stats on the back. DOB, weight, height, birthplace, and how/when acquired by the Wings.

Flowers were Red and White.

Bridemaid wore Red and White dresses, Groomsmen wore red vests.

The limo was red and white (strecthed 56' Chevy, was very cool).

When I entered the hall with my new bride, the DJ played "Hey, Hey Hockeytown." at our request

The DJ put on a Red Wings jersey half-way into the night and we loved it.

and finally, my best man was able to relate important dates in my life with important dates for the Red Wings during the toast (also very cool).

My wedding reception was on the second floor of a two story hall. As you approached the top of stairs we had a ice sculpture of the Red Wings' logo. Table numbers were of course player's jersey numbers.

The placard at each table calling the table (jersey) number had that player's stats on the back. DOB, weight, height, birthplace, and how/when acquired by the Wings.

Flowers were Red and White.

Bridemaid wore Red and White dresses, Groomsmen wore red vests.

The limo was red and white (strecthed 56' Chevy, was very cool).

When I entered the hall with my new bride, the DJ played "Hey, Hey Hockeytown." at our request

The DJ put on a Red Wings jersey half-way into the night and we loved it.

and finally, my best man was able to relate important dates in my life with important dates for the Red Wings during the toast (also very cool).

:yowza: That is my dream wedding!!!

My wedding reception was on the second floor of a two story hall. As you approached the top of stairs we had a ice sculpture of the Red Wings' logo. Table numbers were of course player's jersey numbers. ...When I entered the hall with my new bride, the DJ played "Hey, Hey Hockeytown." at our request The DJ put on a Red Wings jersey half-way into the night and we loved it.

heh

I so could never marry anyone like that. Cute though!

Are you kidding???? That is so cool!

My 30th anniversary is coming up in November...I wonder if I could get my vows renewed at a Wings game????

Are you kidding???? That is so cool!

My 30th anniversary is coming up in November...I wonder if I could get my vows renewed at a Wings game????

Possibly!

It'd be a fun little way to do it. Why don't you call Joe Louis about it.

Possibly!

It'd be a fun little way to do it. Why don't you call Joe Louis about it.

I should do it, just for the hell of it. I think it would be an awesome way to renew the vows. I'll have to see the schedule when it comes out and see if they are playing at home on November 4th.

You know how they raise the swords during a military ceremony? Could you just see hockey sticks raised that way? How cool would that be?

Edited by Kira