• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Bargain Free Agent Targets?

Rate this topic

wings are always looking for guys who can come in and contribute and be a bargain for the team like cleary/hasek/samuelsson ........which players do you guys think that can come here at a reasonable price and be a good pick up ??

heres my picks .....

1-jeff o'neill

all depends if toronto wants him back but i think he can be had for say 2.250 per for 2 yrs ?? he had 20 goals this year , he had a 40 goal season and two 30 goal season before and if we put him with datsyuk or zetterberg i think he can be a real goal scoring threat that we need ....heres some info ...

Height: 6'1 Weight: 195 lbs

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 10

Salary: $1,500,000

AssetsHas great hands and a lethal shot. Hits everything in sight. Excels at taking face-offs. Knows where to be to score goals.

FlawsCould still improve his defensive game. Must show more discipline on and off the ice. Takes too many nights off. Career potentialFirst line winger.

2- eric lindros

i know ill get laughed for this one but i think he can be had for maybe 1 million, hes a big big body that we can really really use , adding him along with bertuzzi if he comes back will give us two big bodys, i know lindros had some injuries last season but it wasnt any headshots so thats a good thing , and i know if he plays along datsyuk or zetterberg he can be a good player for us offensivly .....heres some stats

Height: 6'4 Weight: 245 lbs.

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 12

Salary: $1,550,000

Scouting ReportAssetsUnleashes a lethal shot whenever parked in the slot area. Skates very well for a big man. Can still intimidate with his power/speed package when healthy.

FlawsSkates with his head down constantly, which has landed him in serious concussion trouble. Doesn't own great hockey sense. Career potentialSecond line center.

3- joffrey lupul

ok hes not a free agent but i heard alot of rumors the oilers wanted to trade him cause they were dissapointed with him last season , i think its a real dumb move to get rid of him and as much as i like hudler i think babcock doesnt care for him for some reason , hudler had similiar goals to lupul in almost no ice time so i think if we traded hudler along with meech ( oilers need help on defence) who wont play most likely and i heard he's gotta clear waivers and we all know that wont happen,lupul had 16 goals last season and 28 the season before that , if he plays with dastyuk or zetterberg he can get 30+ ...heres some stats...

Height: 6'1 Weight: 200 lbs.

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 2

Salary: $1,500,000

Scouting ReportAssetsHas a goal-scorer's mentality, creative instincts and unlimited offensive potential. He can line up either on the wing or at center.

FlawsMust get stronger and play a better game in the defensive zone. Isn't a great skater, which limits his overall potential. Career potentialTop six winger.

thats it guys , what are your thoughts ????? would you take any of those players ? who do you think can be a bargain ??

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

Guest Agalloch

Eric Lindros? Are you serious?

No one can fix Eric Lindros at this point. No one.

lol, Lindros? he would play a total of like 6 games if we got him. I think we should really push for Gomez. I heard he is kind of an *******, but he's a center ( we need one after Lang leaves) and would fit well in the second line. Also, he only had 13 goals this season so I think we could negotiate a good contract.

Lindros is a vegetable. No way would I want him here. Note that when Dallas signed him last year, they actually said they'd be perfectly happy if they 50 games out of him. That just goes to show what damaged goods he is anymore.

O'Neill has been pretty bad the past few years, mainly because his brother died. I would like to see him here for the right price, as he can score, and he hits people too. That's a good option to consider.

There are some others that you left out that could definitly be in bargin form. I'll take a look at the free agent list later and post a few who might be a good fit here.

Guest Agalloch

lol, Lindros? he would play a total of like 6 games if we got him. I think we should really push for Gomez. I heard he is kind of an *******, but he's a center ( we need one after Lang leaves) and would fit well in the second line. Also, he only had 13 goals this season so I think we could negotiate a good contract.

By a "good contract", I hope you mean 5-6 million, because that's what he's getting. We're not getting him, and that's a good thing.

well i did say you guys would laugh at me for suggesting lindros lol ,id still take a shot on him for a 1 yr 1 mill deal , he hasnt had a cuncussion for a while lol , 6'4 245 we need big bodies , you put him with a zetterberg datsyuk and he will contribute ..........i'd personally want o'neill i think he can be a goal scoring threat with us

what do you guys think of this ........

lupul 1.5 datsyuk 6.7 holmstrom 2.25

bertuzzi 3 zetterberg 2.65 o'neil 2.250

franzen 940 k filppula 710k grigorenko 850k

cleary 662k draper 2.1 maltby 883k

kopecky 450k

lidstrom 7.6 sarich 2.5

kronwall 3 lilja 1

lebda 650k chelios 900k

quincey 510k

hasek 1.2 ozzie 850k

= 44.193.499

trade hudler/meech for lupul

trade samuelsson for a pick ( wont likely happen i know )

o'neil 2 yrs for 4.5

bertuzzi 1 or 2 yrs at 3 mill per

sarich 3 yrs for 7.5

By a "good contract", I hope you mean 5-6 million, because that's what he's getting. We're not getting him, and that's a good thing.

ya scott gomez is not a realistic option

One other thing I should mention about Jeff O'Neill: He is known to have a long fear of flying. Some believe this is one reason why his production has been down the last two years, along with the situation of his brother. While there is no doubt O'Neill is a good player, and I'd like to see him here personally, but just remember there is baggage that comes with him.

Lindros will never again be a productive player. He should just hang his skates up and open a bar with his egotistical father.

Guest MrSandMan

O'Neill is a road warrior that could get Dats and Zeters going on the road.

Dats Zetterberg Homer

Cleary Franzen Bertuzzi

Filpulla Kopezki ________

Draper Maltby ________

Lidstrom Kronwall

Chelios Markov

Schneider/Quincy Lebda

I really really like the looks of that team setup, especially if we can fill the blanks in with some power-forwards. Even if they aren't known scorers, I really think some extra body with Filp and Kopezki can really go a long way, and lets get the grind line back in action by filling in another big body into the Draps line.

I don't know a lot of the free agents this year yet (outside of the top names) so I really couldn't fill in the blanks for you, unless someone has a nifty website with all free agents as of now

Samulesson will be in the lineup over Kopecky. Just because the majority of us here at LGW don't like him, doesn't mean he'll be gone. Babcock likes him, and that's what makes the difference.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I would rather gargle with bees then watch any three of those guys in a wings uni next year.

2/3 are completely washed up, and the last one, Lupul is an unmotivated underachiever. I watched him struggle all year here in Edmonton. The only reason he is still around is because he has family in the investors group who own the Oilers.

O'Neill is lazy and he sucks.

Lupul seems appealing. I just don't think he adapted well to the environment he played in. He's young, and he has yet to reach his peak. Last season was one off season, but the bright side is he'll forceably have to settle for a low(er) contract.

Edited by BeeRYCE

I think that Dats & Hank will be split up next year, both centering their own lines...so we really don't need a center.

I would rather gargle with bees then watch any three of those guys in a wings uni next year.

2/3 are completely washed up, and the last one, Lupul is an unmotivated underachiever. I watched him struggle all year here in Edmonton. The only reason he is still around is because he has family in the investors group who own the Oilers.

I agree. I don't know how many times i saw Lupul miss a backcheck or lay around in the slot looking for garbage goals in his stint in anaheim. And he used to party way hard in HB and even got some powerplayer girls fired because they partied at ol Joff's pad. avoid at all costs.

I dunno about O'Neill. Although I think we could pick him up at a fair price, he isnt a consistent player. This season, he started off pretty strong but then finished the last month of the season without a single point. Just not sure.....

I think that Dats & Hank will be split up next year, both centering their own lines...so we really don't need a center.

eh, not so sure about that. I wouldnt be suprised if we see the Homer, Pavs, and Hank line for a good portion of the season.

Dats Zetterberg Homer

Cleary Franzen Bertuzzi

Filpulla Kopezki ________

Draper Maltby ________

Lidstrom Kronwall

Chelios Markov

Schneider/Quincy Lebda

I really really like the looks of that team setup, especially if we can fill the blanks in with some power-forwards. Even if they aren't known scorers, I really think some extra body with Filp and Kopezki can really go a long way, and lets get the grind line back in action by filling in another big body into the Draps line.

I don't know a lot of the free agents this year yet (outside of the top names) so I really couldn't fill in the blanks for you, unless someone has a nifty website with all free agents as of now

I think Franzen belongs on the 3rd line and would like to see our new pickup as the 2nd line center.

I could definitely see Kozlov here......

Kozlov? A former Wing? NO WAI!!!!!!!!!!11

Kozlov's a decent player, but I'm not all that big on bringing him back. The Wings need more Dan Cleary type players. They have good enough offense and scoring, now it's time to add more energy and grit.

I think our 1st priority is to find RIGHT HANDNESS TOP LINE FORWARD.

Almost all our skilled 1st line guys are lefties, and the prospects are also. Jan Mursak is the only right shooting guy in our system.

Chris Drury would be the best choice, but I think we can't afford him.

Jeff O'Neill would be the guy, I have that feeling. Power-forward, still at good age, awesome shot. He has had bad years now, but could turn his career around in Detroit. Good atmosphere and good feeding with our excellent "ron francis-like center" Pavel Datsyuk. I think it would work.

I think we could get him quite cheap and it wound't be a big risk if he doesn't find his play even here.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill

Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Hudler - Franzen - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

(Grigorenko)

Edited by Henkka

seems like all the guys you listed up there you also think would go well with Zetterberg and Datsyuk.. the only thing that i have to say is WHO WOULDNT!?!?! We could put Lilja as our first line center with Hank and Pavs and he would be making a trip to the all star game come 07-08. Im sick of these big bodies that just end up being pylons (Hatcher, Bertuzzi, Lang, etc..) What we need.. and for that matter what every other team in the league needs.. is more speed. More size would also be nice but only if they can skate faster than my grandma. Also, i think it was a big mistake putting Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line.. its like they are stuck in 5th gear the entire time.. when they get moving they are alright but it takes friggin forever.