104 replies to this topic

#21 ZAMBONI

ZAMBONI

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ May 24, 2007 - 04:22PM) View Post

I would rather gargle with bees then watch any three of those guys in a wings uni next year.
2/3 are completely washed up, and the last one, Lupul is an unmotivated underachiever. I watched him struggle all year here in Edmonton. The only reason he is still around is because he has family in the investors group who own the Oilers.

I agree. I don't know how many times i saw Lupul miss a backcheck or lay around in the slot looking for garbage goals in his stint in anaheim. And he used to party way hard in HB and even got some powerplayer girls fired because they partied at ol Joff's pad. avoid at all costs.

#22 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

I dunno about O'Neill. Although I think we could pick him up at a fair price, he isnt a consistent player. This season, he started off pretty strong but then finished the last month of the season without a single point. Just not sure.....

QUOTE(Vladinator @ May 24, 2007 - 02:41PM) View Post

I think that Dats & Hank will be split up next year, both centering their own lines...so we really don't need a center.

eh, not so sure about that. I wouldnt be suprised if we see the Homer, Pavs, and Hank line for a good portion of the season.

QUOTE(Echolalia @ May 24, 2007 - 02:16PM) View Post

Dats Zetterberg Homer
Cleary Franzen Bertuzzi
Filpulla Kopezki ________
Draper Maltby ________

Lidstrom Kronwall
Chelios Markov
Schneider/Quincy Lebda

I really really like the looks of that team setup, especially if we can fill the blanks in with some power-forwards. Even if they aren't known scorers, I really think some extra body with Filp and Kopezki can really go a long way, and lets get the grind line back in action by filling in another big body into the Draps line.

I don't know a lot of the free agents this year yet (outside of the top names) so I really couldn't fill in the blanks for you, unless someone has a nifty website with all free agents as of now

I think Franzen belongs on the 3rd line and would like to see our new pickup as the 2nd line center.

I could definitely see Kozlov here......

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#23 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

Kozlov? A former Wing? NO WAI!!!!!!!!!!11

Kozlov's a decent player, but I'm not all that big on bringing him back. The Wings need more Dan Cleary type players. They have good enough offense and scoring, now it's time to add more energy and grit.

#24 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

I think our 1st priority is to find RIGHT HANDNESS TOP LINE FORWARD.

Almost all our skilled 1st line guys are lefties, and the prospects are also. Jan Mursak is the only right shooting guy in our system.

Chris Drury would be the best choice, but I think we can't afford him.

Jeff O'Neill would be the guy, I have that feeling. Power-forward, still at good age, awesome shot. He has had bad years now, but could turn his career around in Detroit. Good atmosphere and good feeding with our excellent "ron francis-like center" Pavel Datsyuk. I think it would work.

I think we could get him quite cheap and it wound't be a big risk if he doesn't find his play even here.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Hudler - Franzen - Cleary
Maltby - Draper - Kopecky
(Grigorenko)

Edited by Henkka, 24 May 2007 - 06:12 PM.

user posted imageuser posted image

#25 Yc172

Yc172

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

seems like all the guys you listed up there you also think would go well with Zetterberg and Datsyuk.. the only thing that i have to say is WHO WOULDNT!?!?! We could put Lilja as our first line center with Hank and Pavs and he would be making a trip to the all star game come 07-08. Im sick of these big bodies that just end up being pylons (Hatcher, Bertuzzi, Lang, etc..) What we need.. and for that matter what every other team in the league needs.. is more speed. More size would also be nice but only if they can skate faster than my grandma. Also, i think it was a big mistake putting Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line.. its like they are stuck in 5th gear the entire time.. when they get moving they are alright but it takes friggin forever.
LETS GO RED WINGS

#26 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

One guy that would be relatively cheap but would be a great addition is Scott Hartnell. He's that power forward that we need and once more, he would provide that big right-hand shot that Shanny and Hull used to provide. He's wasn't the Red Wings favorite guy, but he would be a great fit.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#27 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(RedFX @ May 24, 2007 - 07:50PM) View Post

One guy that would be relatively cheap but would be a great addition is Scott Hartnell. He's that power forward that we need and once more, he would provide that big right-hand shot that Shanny and Hull used to provide. He's wasn't the Red Wings favorite guy, but he would be a great fit.

He would be a nice addition

#NOMOREKINDL

#28 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

Also would love to get Hartnell, but he shoots at LEFT.

#29 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

UFA DEF

Andy Sutton
Brad Ference
Jim Vandermeer (RFA)
Vitali Vishnevsky
Kimmo Timonen
Sean Hill
Tom Preissing (right hand shot)
Scott Hannan
Craig Rivet (right hand shot)
Cory Sarich (right hand shot)
John Erskin (RFA) depth

UFA FORWARDS

Danius Zubrus
Scott Walker
Michael Handzus
Ian Laperriere
Scott Hartnell
Aaron Asham
Todd Fedoruk
Evgeny Artyukin (RFA) depth
Jeff Cowan
Taylor Pyatt

We need one offensive def (righ hand shot) and one BIG stay at home def.

We need some muscles and 2nd line forward

Homer - Pavel - Zetterberg
Bert - Handzus - Grigorenko (Pyatt)
Maltby - Draper - Cleary
Franzen - Fillpula - Grigorenko (Laperriere/Asham)

Lidstrom - Sarich/Preissing
Kronwall - Chelios
Lilja - Lebda
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#30 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Cory Sarich's right handness doesn't matter anything, cause he is pure defensive D-man. If we want right handed d-man there, he should be then offensive pointman.

Dan Boyle for example.

I'd keep Markov and that Tom Preissing would be interesting. Also Rafalski.

#31 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Henkka @ May 24, 2007 - 08:33PM) View Post

Cory Sarich's right handness doesn't matter anything, cause he is pure defensive D-man. If we want right handed d-man there, he should be then offensive pointman.

Dan Boyle for example.

I'd keep Markov and that Tom Preissing would be interesting. Also Rafalski.

I wrote 1 BIG STAY AT HOME DEF + 1 OFFENSIVE DEF (RIGHT HAND)

Sarich as stay at home DEF + Preissing as offensive DEF

Markov is going to ask 4-5m and Rafalski around 5M so we can't get those guys...

Edited by Dominator2005, 24 May 2007 - 07:38 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#32 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

Markov will command about what he makes now. While I admit, 2.5 million is a lot for him, he won't go as high as 4 million. Not all Russains are greedy. tongue.gif

#33 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

Heres what we got under contract

Nick Lidstrom-7.6 million
Pavel Datsyuk-6.7 million
Nicklas Kronwall-3 million
Henrik Zetterberg-2.65 million
Tomas Holmstrom-2.25 million
Kris Draper-2.1 million
Mikael Samuelsson-1.2 million
Andreas Lilja-1 million
Johan Franzen-941,666
Kirk Maltby-888,333
Chris Osgood-850,000
Valtteri Filppula-710,000
Dan Cleary-662,000
Brett Lebda-650,000
Kyle Quincey-510,000
Tomas Kopecky-450,000

Totals-32,161,999
Cap-44,000,000 (I believe)
Room-11,838,001

Our Potential FA's
Mathieu Schneider-will depend on salary, wants about 3.3 million and that aint happening
Danny Markov-Wings interested in keeping him if price is within reason
Chris Chelios-will be welcomed back if interested
Robert Lang-if we lose out on Bertuzzi......it won't matter haha he's gone clap.gif
Todd Bertuzzi-chances of coming back are good, but will likely test market
Kyle Calder-not likely to be back
Dominik Hasek-will be welcomed back if interested
Jiri Hudler (RFA)-restricted, will most likely except qualifying offer

one player I could see in a Wings uniform is Slava Kozlov.

#34 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Grind_Lines_#1_Fan @ May 24, 2007 - 09:06PM) View Post

Heres what we got under contract

Nick Lidstrom-7.6 million
Pavel Datsyuk-6.7 million
Nicklas Kronwall-3 million
Henrik Zetterberg-2.65 million
Tomas Holmstrom-2.25 million
Kris Draper-2.1 million
Mikael Samuelsson-1.2 million
Andreas Lilja-1 million
Johan Franzen-941,666
Kirk Maltby-888,333
Chris Osgood-850,000
Valtteri Filppula-710,000
Dan Cleary-662,000
Brett Lebda-650,000
Kyle Quincey-510,000
Tomas Kopecky-450,000

Totals-32,161,999
Cap-44,000,000 (I believe)
Room-11,838,001

Our Potential FA's
Mathieu Schneider-will depend on salary, wants about 3.3 million and that aint happening
Danny Markov-Wings interested in keeping him if price is within reason
Chris Chelios-will be welcomed back if interested
Robert Lang-if we lose out on Bertuzzi......it won't matter haha he's gone clap.gif
Todd Bertuzzi-chances of coming back are good, but will likely test market
Kyle Calder-not likely to be back
Dominik Hasek-will be welcomed back if interested
Jiri Hudler (RFA)-restricted, will most likely except qualifying offer

one player I could see in a Wings uniform is Slava Kozlov.

It seems like this year cup will be at 47-48M and next year around 51M... I think that Datsyuk contract isn't that bad at all...

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ May 24, 2007 - 08:45PM) View Post

Markov will command about what he makes now. While I admit, 2.5 million is a lot for him, he won't go as high as 4 million. Not all Russains are greedy. tongue.gif

I live in Québec and trust me every damn night I'm listning about Habs... so I'm pretty sure that he will ask at least 4M. Gainey has no choice than give him top dollar - no one wants to play in Montreal... rolleyes.gif

BTW Ryder is RFA and there is a chance that Habs might want to trade him... We could have him at the begining of the last season for Lang...

Edited by Dominator2005, 24 May 2007 - 08:19 PM.

#35 zetterbergfuturemvp

zetterbergfuturemvp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(ShanahanMan @ May 24, 2007 - 06:48PM) View Post

I dunno about O'Neill. Although I think we could pick him up at a fair price, he isnt a consistent player. This season, he started off pretty strong but then finished the last month of the season without a single point.

dont forget he did play with the leafs and he did end up with 21 goals i think it was .....just imagine if he played on a line with datsyuk or zetterberg ??? easily a 30 goal scorer .......he had 2 previous seasons with 30 goals and one with 40 ..........i think he can be a good addition and a fairly good price for us to take a chance on , hes still only 31 and although its close to his hometown , maybe leaving toronto is what he needs after his brothers death

#36 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ May 24, 2007 - 08:45PM) View Post

When you consider what some Dmen got last year, cough*Kubina*cough, 2.5M isnt that bad.

I was hearing from some TB fans that Sarich might ask for around 3M. IMO, thats way too much, but Id take Sarich over Markov at 2.5M

I also dont think Scott Hartnell will be a "bargain" in this market. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get overpaid at 4M on a 3-4yr contract. Contrary to what many think, there are a lot of smart GMs out there, and theyll take note of the fact that Hartnell is young, experienced, gritty, big, and can score goals. In fact, there are many people out there that think hes one of the top 10 UFAs available out there.

QUOTE(zetterbergfuturemvp @ May 24, 2007 - 09:55PM) View Post

dont forget he did play with the leafs and he did end up with 21 goals i think it was .....just imagine if he played on a line with datsyuk or zetterberg ??? easily a 30 goal scorer .......he had 2 previous seasons with 30 goals and one with 40 ..........i think he can be a good addition and a fairly good price for us to take a chance on , hes still only 31 and although its close to his hometown , maybe leaving toronto is what he needs after his brothers death

KP got it right though. O'Neill is scared to death of flying. That wont fly (no pun intended) on a Detroit team that has to fly almost everywhere. Theres a reason why hes in his 30s and only played in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by YoungGuns1340, 24 May 2007 - 09:35 PM.

It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#37 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(Dominator2005 @ May 24, 2007 - 09:17PM) View Post

I live in Qu�bec and trust me every damn night I'm listning about Habs... so I'm pretty sure that he will ask at least 4M. Gainey has no choice than give him top dollar - no one wants to play in Montreal... rolleyes.gif

Markov has actually expressed interest to stay in Montreal. This is why I said he'd make about the same as he does now. If he hits the open market, then it's a different story.

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ May 24, 2007 - 10:34PM) View Post

When you consider what some Dmen got last year, cough*Kubina*cough, 2.5M isnt that bad.

That's what really sucks about it. A lot of defenseman in the league are going to use comparisons like McCabe and Kubina for contracts of their own. And since McCabe and Kubina both suck, it makes it easier for others to get a raise. The Leafs really screwed the rest of the league on this, and the funny thing is that it was not intentionally. This is their own stupidity coming out of it, and the rest of the league takes the hit too.

#38 ttbrunke

ttbrunke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:32 AM

Re-sign DANNY Markov

As for forwards stay away from O'neil he doesn't have the speed to play with dats and hank.

Lupul will garner a good young player from us in a trade (i.e. Filpulla, Franzen) NO DEAL

I live in Buffalo and like the Idea of Ales Kotalik (someone mentioned it). He is young has a rocket shot from just about anywhere, descent size and speed. Plus with all of the small speedy players that buffalo has he has had trouble fitting in on the top lines he has been on the 3rd line here. I think he has untapped potential, he can play the point on the Power Play (with the shot he has why not).

Also Zubrus would fit nice

Anyone you get cheap will not fit anywhere but on the second line

Stay away from Gomes he is a playmaker not a finisher we already have plenty of playmakers on the team if we get him we may never actually shoot.

If we let Bertuzzi go we could go for the big player like Smyth or Drury (if buffalo is dumb enough to let him go).

#39 Guest_ZDH (Guest)

Guest_ZDH (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(RedFX @ May 24, 2007 - 07:20PM) View Post

Yeah I'm in on the "sign Hartnell" bandwagon. I think many teams will be after him though. Lets hope he wants to be a Wing. I think he would fit in well playing with Filppula and Cleary.

#40 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(ZDH @ May 25, 2007 - 03:04PM) View Post
Yeah I'm in on the "sign Hartnell" bandwagon. I think many teams will be after him though. Lets hope he wants to be a Wing. I think he would fit in well playing with Filppula and Cleary.
You'd pay $3.5M+ for another 3rd liner?

Edited by Systemfel, 25 May 2007 - 08:20 AM.